See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

How to cook vegetables for 100
Paul
03/08/12
Doing a dinner for 100 and need a vegetable. Am going to have limited oven space and burner space. Serving a roasted pork tenderloin with a chocolate spice rub, mango salsa and a blackberry reduction over the top, new red potatoes and now I need a vegetable. Suggestions? Thinking Green Beans or Asparagus. Can I steam this and then put in an electric roaster to keep warm? Thoughts?
ellen
03/08/12
How long did it have to hold?
Paul
03/08/12
Probably an hour or so? I have a normal house 4 burner stove to steam the beans or asparagus and then will need to transfer to something to keep them warm as I steam more. Thought was that I'd steam them not completely knowing they'd still cook some in the roaster on warm? Am I wrong?

Would you do green beans or asparagus with the pork or do you have another suggestion. I've got two household ovens and about 60 pounds of pork which will fill both ovens.

ellen
03/09/12
Asparagus will not hold.

What about roasted mixed served room temp? Or some other cold veggie?

Jerri
04/30/12
Having dinner for about 120 would like to steamed veggies. I dont have steamer for the veggies, are there any other ways to cook the veggies. Fresh veggies are summer squash, zucchini, carrots, broccoli. Also how much cooking time should I allow?
ellen
04/30/12
Roasted as above, excellent choice with these veggies.

Total approx 30 pounds edible portions.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)