See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Marinade
Shawnee
05/20/13
Backyard brunch wedding for 75. We are doing pastry table with fruit platters and mimosa bar as appetizers while pictures are being taken prior to lunch being served. How many mini pastries per person do we need? Should i follow your quantities for fruit platters if pastries are being served also? I am also doing an Asian marinade for pork tenderloin. How much marinade do I need per pound? I am
ellen
05/21/13
you want about 4 pieces per person (it allows about an hour) and some of these can be slices of quick breads which you can make ahead and freeze.

Yes, do about 3/4 the deluxe fruit platter for 100.

You need breakfast coffee as well, see the beverages page.

If the tenderloins are whole, about 1 cup per, if you use baggies- enough to submerge if you use pans.

Shawnee
05/21/13
Thank you so much for your help. This website has been invaluable.. Any suggestions for pre made marinades.? Will an asian marinade conflict if I serve tenderloin with 2 choices of sauce, raspberry chipotle and balsamic reduction. Should I marinate if using these sauces or just forget about the sauces ?
Shawnee
05/21/13
Can you pre roast potatoes in oven the night before and reheat in the morning.
ellen
05/21/13
With those sauces, I would use a red wine marinade, not Asian.

No, potatoes done ahead taste icky reheated. If you really can't do them at mealtime, consider a spectacular potato salad instead- see the russian or Nepalese potato salads on this site.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)