See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

wedding270
Dawn
06/10/14
Hi Ellen Can you check my numbers
270 ppl
the menu consist of Aussie Chicken Breast-I am using flattened 5 oz breast-405 pc((homemade honey mustard sauce, sauteed mushrooms, bacon, cheese on top) 1/2 with mushroom
Frozen ready Garlic Red skinned potatoes-done weight-
126#
Canned veri green beans-with bacon onion and butter salt-
14 cans
rolls-350
then we are doing a before wedding veggie display
cake
ellen
06/11/14
Aussie Chicken Breast-I am using flattened 5 oz breast-405 pc((homemade honey mustard sauce, sauteed mushrooms, bacon, cheese on top) 1/2 with mushroom- plenty!
Frozen ready Garlic Red skinned potatoes-done weight- 126#
I usually do 35 pounds per 100-
Canned veri green beans-with bacon onion and butter salt-14 cans
Assuming #10 cans, plenty-
rolls-350-if not large, consider 2 per person
about 3 pounds butter per 100

There is one serious difficulty with the menu, and that is that with 270 people there will be some vegetarians, and there is nothing but potatoes for them to eat- even the beans have meat in them. Consider adding a vegetable casserole or side dish that could serve as an entree for the non-chicken eaters, 3 gallons per 100; Could be broiled tomatoes, ratatouille, eggplant, etc. Plus maybe taking the meat out of the green beans- diced tomatoes are a good alternative if your veggie casserole doesn't have a lot of tomato.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)