See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

pulled pork bbq
michelle
08/25/08
hi- can you use pork loin roast instead of shoulder for shredded bbq?
ellen
08/25/08
Yes, but it tends to be pretty dry. I would use the pork loin roast for roast or stir fry.
Jessica
01/20/09
I'm having a wedding reception and was planning on having pulled pork bbq sandwiches. How many pounds of pork butt would I need to feed around 100 people? If I decided to buy the "already made" pulled pork that is already shredded, about how many pounds would I have to buy of it to feed that many people?
ellen
01/20/09
You want 1 pound ready to eat for each 3 people to have plenty. It takes about 2 pounds boneless well trimmed pork butt to feed 5.
nellie
03/13/09
If I am having chili to feed 100 people with bread, salads, fruit and veggie trays and desserts will 20lbs of pork shoulder for pulled pork be enough to add to the table as another side for around 120 people?
ellen
03/13/09
Yes.
patty
07/15/09
hots and hamburgs for 100
Hi again. My husband is second guessing me into thinking we don't have enough hots/ hamburgs for 100 people. also have 5 salads and baked beans. salads and beans are in 3 1/2-4 inch deep full pans
ellen
07/16/09
Unless these are football players or it is an all day party, I allow 1 burger (3 to the pound- good size) plus 1 dog or sausage per person PLUS 10% for extras and another 10% if it is self serve.
Mel
10/24/09
Hello there. HELP! Need to put together a wedding reception as cheap as possible for 100+ people. We figured we would go with shredded BBQ beef sandwiches and shredded hot chicken sandwiches - deli meats and sliced cheese for sandwiches - and use buns for sandwiches? - and maybe baked beans and chips? Or any other cheap filler side? It will be a self serve type thing. I Have 4 wks until reception - with very little help - kind of having to rely on myself to get this done. HELP! Can you help? How much to make? What and how much to buy? How far in advance to buy and prepare? Don't have a clue as to where to even start? Bless you and your website. Can you help me? Thank you! Thank you! Can you email me? Would so appreciate your help and advice. Thank you. Mel
ellen
10/25/09
Best way to reduce costs- have 1 pm wedding and do reception instead of meal; or 10-11 am and do brunch; or 7 pm and do dessert and champagne. Too late to do one of these? Baked pasta dishes are easier to serve, more festive and more popular, as well as MUCH less expensive than BBQ or deli meat sandwiches. Interested? Do you have or can you borrow oven space or electric roasters?
And you MUST get a good estimate of attendance; 100+ could be 105 or 150, and this makes a HUGE difference in how much food you need and the cost; $1500 vs $2200 for example.
ellen
10/25/09
A Tex Mex buffet is the other less expensive option.
Mel
10/25/09
Thank you so much Ellen. I can borrow roasters -- definitely -- how much food is involved in that? See, the wedding is at 1:30 and the reception is at 2:30 -- invitations already out -- only time I can get photographer -- all my family will be in town -- have to do that day and time -- so, I am stressing big time. Only 3 wks left. How much time and food is involved in the pasta dishes? What kind of pasta dishes are you talking about? Is it really that much more inexpensive? How much meat would you have to get for bbq beef or hot shredded chicken sandwiches? And how many roasters of it would you have to have? What if I just went with deli meat/chees and buns? And baked beans? I truly, truly appreciate your help -- still unsure what to do. And/or tex mex buffet? What is involved in that? So stressed -- and I keep checking your website for your answers. Thank you so much for your time and help. Need to decide this week, huh? Thank you Ellen.
ellen
10/25/09
OK Mel, you did great with that schedule because it means that people will have eaten lunch and it is too early for a full dinner! So start taking deep breaths every time you think about this, it will be OK.
Do you have a nice big wedding cake already ordered?
Would you consider a tea and punch party type reception, this is very traditional in this time slot?
What is the cooking and serving situation- your house, church kitchen, etc, and who will be helping? You really can't do it by yourself= shall I tell you about the bride who got to spend the wedding afternoon digging through the dumpster to find the borrowed silverware that had accidentally gotten thrown away? You MUST have help; read the wedding dinner article.

And I do need tohear a pretty close estimate on the size of the party

Patty
11/14/09
Having a surprise 18th birthday party for my daughter. Looking at having around 40 people there. Having hamburgers, hotdogs and bbq. Along with beans, slaw, potato salad and chips. How much meats should I plan on making?
ellen
11/14/09
I would probably do any two such as bbq and kielbasa or polish sausage, and skip the burgers. If you include all 3 you will have more leftovers, since you don't know what will be preferred. So, I would figure 1 sausage PLUS 1/2 to 3/4 cup BBQ (or one 3 to a pound beef patty) per person, then add a 10% fudge factor if you serve 2 items; or 1 sausage PLUS 1/2 cup BBQ plus 1 patty per person plus the fudge factor if you do all three- but don't open all the sausages until you see how it is going.
Karen
01/01/10
I have a 14 lbs pork shoulder I would like to cook in my roaster for pulled pork sandwiches and need a good recipe telling how long to cook and some good spices or bbq to put on it.
can you help me.
ellen
01/01/10
See the other pulled pork threads for recipes and help.
Nicole
04/26/10
BBQ Shredded Chicken
Hello,
I am making BBQ shredded chicken sandwhiches for a birthday party. If I am using fresh chicken breasts, how many pounds would I need to feed approximatley 25 people? I would much rather have more than not enough. Thanks!
ellen
04/27/10
All 2 pounds raw boneless skinless for each 5 people if you are having the usual sides.
janette
02/02/11
we are having a church block party. how much pork do we need to acquire to make around 1000 sandwiches?
ellen
02/03/11
2 pounds raw boneless shoulder will make about 7 good sandwiches; 8-9 lighter, such as if topping with slaw.
Jo
05/19/11
pulled chicken bbq
I am have a party for graduation about 35-40 people. At the store is a big sale on whole chickens I was going to cook them down. Debone and freeze the meat till the party for pulled chicken sandwiches. So how many chickens would I have to get (size around 3-4 lbs)? Also thought I have baked beans, mac and cheese, watermelon, veggy tray, dips, corn pudding maybe bean salad plus hotdogs.
Oh! How would you cook the chickens I was thinking boil or roast? sauce on side. Thanks!
ellen
05/19/11
1 pound whole chicken makes 1 cup solid meat, which makes 3 fat sandwiches. Estimate based on the number of sandwiches- most light to medium eaters eat one, heavy eaters eat 1 1/2 to 2.

I like to rub on a dry rub on the chicken and roast gently, dark meat goes in 10-15 minutes before white, so none gets dried out.

Erin
06/03/11
Hi -- I've been searching all over for the answer to how much pork butt do you need to feed 200 people? I've found so many different answers, I don't know what to do. I'm having a wedding with 150-200 people -- bar-b-q with pulled pork, brisket, and all the sides (potato salad, green salad, grilled veggies, etc). I'm just trying to get a handle on how much raw meat to but to feed that many people. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thanks.
ellen
06/03/11
Hi, Erin,

You are going to need to refine your numbers- there is a huge difference between 150 and 200.

When beef and pork are both served, caterers generally allow 5 ounces ready to eat beef plus 3 ounces ready to eat pork per person.

One pound bone in beef or pork shoulder makes about 8-9 ounces pulled. 1 pound raw well trimmed brisket makes about 10 ounces cooked meat- it is a coarse, fatty meat that shrinks a lot.

Erin
06/09/11
Thanks Ellen. I've got some more info now. We want to feed 200 people. We have 60 lbs of pork roast and 35 lbs of chuck roast (all boneless). My caterer (who is actually my friend and is somewhat of a newbie in the business) says that is way more than enough to feed all the people. What is your take on it? The original order was going to be for 35 lbs of each the chuck roast and pork roast. But there was a miss-communication (go figure) and i ended up getting the 60 lbs of pork roast (to the dismay of some). I just want to make sure there is enough food for everyone but not necessarily supply an all out meat gorging-fest. Make sense?
Thanks again for your replies!
Erin
ellen
06/10/11
The chuck is a better meat than brisket for this job.
I would cook all the beef and 40-45 of the pork. You will have some left. Freeze the rest for another day.
Mark
06/10/11
Cooking several Pork shoulder roasts at the same time in 1 roaster, des this change the length of cookig time much?
ellen
06/10/11
No,increases only modestly (about 1/2 hour) as long as the roaster is thoroughly preheated and the roasts have been at room temp for an hour before roasting. Go by internal temp. No more than 20 pounds at a time in a standard roaster.
Coni
01/19/12
So glad I found this sight and hoping you're not too tired of repeat type questions! :)
I'm doing a luau for 200 people. We want to serve pulled pork & teriyaki chicken (thighs?) with rice and a variety of sauces, along with salads & fruit. How much uncooked meat should I buy? Also which cut? How much uncooked rice? How much sauce?
Thanks!
ellen
01/20/12
Pros estimate 5 ounces ready to eat of beef or pork per person PLUS 3 ounces ready to eat chicken per person- which is 1 chicken thigh per person.

For this meal, since rice is a main part, I would cook 12 pounds dry per 100. You will have some left. See my perfect fried rice recipe for the leftovers (throw them into baggies in the freezer until you want to make the fried rice.

Spend a little extra and get really good rice. If it has to hold, consider converted rice such as Uncle Ben's.

Coni
01/20/12
Thanks Ellen...follow up question...
How many pounds of uncooked pork do I buy and what cut?
shelly
01/25/12
I need to know how many pounds of pork loin I need to feed 50 people BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I have an awesome BBQ sauce I will be putting on the side for those who dont like a little spice. And if you could let me know how much cole slaw to make too. Thanks for your help!!!
Michelle
01/25/12
Need to know how many pounds of meat I would need to serve 70 people if the menu was meatballs, chicken skewers, and brined pork loin served on cocktail bread. Thanks michelle
ellen
01/26/12
I like boneless pork shoulder for BBQ or pulled pork- moister and meatier. 2 pounds raw makes plenty for 5-6 people.

Shelley,I would make about 7 quarts of slaw.

Michelle, is this a meal/entree or a reception/ cocktail party, and what else is being served?

Becky
02/05/12
Hi! I have to feed 160 people. Thinking of doing pulled pork over rice or with rolls as a sandwich. How much pork should I plan on getting? Loin or shoulder? And how much would you say a serving is of cooked meat?
Thanks! Becky
ellen
02/06/12
Shoulder, 1 pound boneless per 3 if you have a good sauce and don't need leftovers/ seconds.
sabrina
02/09/12
I am having a bbq after my wedding. There will be about 100 people. I want to do brisket and pulled pork and chicken. So people have options. What can I do in crockpot before hand? Oven? And do you think these choices are affordable?
ellen
02/10/12
You do the pork ahead and freeze it in the sauce. Thaw 2 days in the refrigerator, warm in electric roasters or the oven, crock pots are too small.

One piece of chicken per person.

Brisket is relatively expensive, even with these choices, you need 2 pounds raw per each 5.

These are pretty standard BBQ choices. BBQ is a heavy meat meal, thus not in the cheap category, but its very appropriate to splurge a bit for the wedding feast.

You need an appetizer table, here is an excerpt from a coming article:

laying out the service lines for your buffet.
Before the Buffet; Why You May Need an Appetizer Table
A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, including a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient.

One appetizer service area is needed for each 100 guests.

Dawn
02/20/12
I'm catering a birthday party for 100 people, we're having bbq pulled pork and bbq pulled turkey sandwiches. Sides will be potato salad, cole slaw and a beet/orange on salad with green. Can you tell me how much I need to cook of each for this number of people? I have 50 LBs of Pork shoulder, (uncooked and untrimmed with hock in). Is this too much? Are 2 20 LB turkeys enough for this many? Thanks in advance for any information.
ellen
02/21/12
Dawn, this won't have leftovers, but should be about right for the meat. Cook the pork slow to reduce shrinkage, cook ahead and store 1-2 days in sauce so it absorbs some sauce.
Dawn
02/21/12
Thanks for the reply Ellen, I've actually received notice that final count is 86 people (confirmed) So at least there should be enough for seconds I'm guessing, not concerned for leftovers ;)I am slow cooking the pork at this moment, used a wonderful dry rub, pork is on racks in oven and table top roasters with beer in the pans. Smells delicious in here!
kelly
04/11/12
I am self catering a fundraiser for 300 people. Menu is: hotdogs/bar toppings, pulled pork butt, 1/2 chickens which will be cut into 3 pieces, chicken legs. Baked beans, coleslaw, corn casserole, pasta salad, scalloped potatoes, nachos/bar toppings. This event is a buffet and will run for 6 hours. I have 250 hotdogs, 55# chicken halves, 40# chicken legs, 120# of pork butt. I have 75# coleslaw, 9 #10 cans of baked beans, 30# pasta salad, 10 1/2 deli pans of corn casserole and 6 1/2 deli pans of potatoes. Free Beer. Do you think I need more? Crowd will be mixed men and women. The caterer of this event last year charged $5000.00 my costs at this point is under $1500.00 with a better food selection. Want to impress but surely dont' want to run out of food. HELP!!
ellen
04/12/12
Kelly, are you selling by the plate, or all-you can eat buffet style? This makes a HUGE difference in the amounts eaten, especially meats. Write back.

9 #10 cans of baked beans, 200 servings
30# pasta salad, 200-250 servings
10 1/2 deli pans of corn casserole, 150 servings
6 1/2 deli pans of potatoes less than 100 servings

kelly
04/12/12
It is a all you can eat during a 6 hour event
ellen
04/12/12
I would definitely increase all the side dishes, some need to be doubles..

Consider omitting the pork entirely, counting 1 chicken per 6 PLUS 1 leg per person. Write back.

kelly
04/12/12
I also have 75# of coleslaw and 150 servings of nachos. Pork is already bought and rubbed down to be smoked tomorrow.
kelly
04/12/12
I also have 75# of coleslaw and 150 servings of nachos. Pork is already bought and rubbed down to be smoked tomorrow.
ellen
04/12/12
Kelly, maybe I just missed it, but how much pork?
kelly
04/13/12
I have 120# pork raw weight
ellen
04/13/12
OK, about 90 after cooking. That means you have plenty of meat. Just amplify your sides.
Chris
04/19/12
pulled BBQ CHicken
DD is hosting a cook-out for 40 people. She wants to serve Pulled BBQ Checken sandwiches. I'm trying to figure out how many chickens we have to cook to make enough BBQ. How many sandwiches does one whole chicken make?
Chris
04/19/12
pulled BBQ Chicken
Never mind I found my answer up above. Thank you for all you information above. You are great help
Traci
04/24/12
Great info. Feeding bbg pulled pork. Found my answer on how much pork but need to know how much bbq sauce I need. Feeding 200 firm and need to use store bought sauce due to time.
ellen
04/25/12
Generous sauce with some for the table, 1/2 cup per person
Mondi
04/26/12
Can BBQ pulled pork be frozen, and if so how far in advance can it be done? The wedding is in July '12 for 200.
ellen
04/26/12
Yes, easily, in the sauce. 1 month or less is optimum.
Beth
04/27/12
I am having a graduation party for 175 guests. I am having pulled pork and creamed turkey sandwichs, along with cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, salads, desserts, fruit and vegetable trays, and cake. How many pounds of each meat (already cooked and sauced) would I need? Thanks for your help!!
Helene
05/05/12
Graduation party
Hi, I'm having a graduation party after an evening graduation. I'm feeding 100 people. Meal is potato salad, macaroni salad, stir fry, pulled pork, meat balls, & sausage along with fruit, veggie trays. How much meat & salads do I need? Other option to lower the cost would be light refreshments; any suggestions for that?
heather
05/29/12
I am having a wedding and for the meat I am having pulled pork and chicken with wild rice. I was wondering how much of each should I buy for 200 people? I am also having au gratin potatoes, Baked beans, Lil weenies and a pasta salad
ellen
05/30/12
Beth, I missed yours- I would have done 1 pound ready pork per 4 plus 1 pound ready turkey per 5-6.

Helene, I missed yours, too- Dad is still in the hospital-
potato salad,35 pounds potatoes plus fixings
macaroni salad, 6 pounds dry pasta plus fixings

stir fry, need rice here; about 18 pound meats plus veggies, 5 pounds rice

Heather,
This menu is a little challenging.
pulled pork- 1 pound ready to eat per 5 PLUS
chicken with wild rice about 100-120 servings

pulled pork, 1 pound raw boneless per 4 per
meat balls, 1 pound per 5
sausage along with - I would skip the sausage, you already have 3 entrees

fruit, veggie trays. See the fruit tray page and the veggie tray page.

If this saves you some time, trouble, or money, consider a donation to support this site.

Ray
05/30/12
BBQ Beef
Hi
I just would like to ask a question for help.
Were having a party for 60 guests with salads as side dishes would 50 pounds of beef be enough to make 60 large dinner roll sandwiches from shredded meat?

Please help
Thanks

ellen
05/31/12
Too much. 30 pounds boneless would make really big sandwiches, 25 would be enough.
Kathy C.
06/08/12
Hello Ellen!

We are planning to do a casual backyard BBQ for our sons rehearsal dinner. Since things will be very busy (we are doing a lot ourselves), we are planning to make all the sides ahead of time(potato salad, colesaw, beans, fresh veggies/dip, chips/dip, and purchasing buns).

We will order out and pick up a combination of pulled pork or chicken and pulled beef or brisket. There will be no more than 27 people at the dinner. Can you tell me how much prepared meat we should purchase for this many people?

We are on a tight budget, what would you suggest?

Thanks,
Kathy

Debbie
06/16/12
grad party
I'm cooking for a grad party. 100 people.
BBQ beef, mostacioli and meat balls, cabbage and
Polish sausage, coleslaw and side salads..About how much of each meat do I need?
ellen
06/16/12
Kathy, brisket and chicken would be a very nice dinner, 1 pound ready to eat brisket per 4, plus 1 pound of pork or chicken per 5 persons. Sandwich fixings- 1/4 the amount for 100 on the sandwich page.
ellen
06/16/12
Debbie, this is what I would do;

bbq beef, 1 pound per 4
meatballs, 1 pound per 5
sausage 1 pound per 5

Debbie
06/17/12
Thank you that'll help me a lot!
Kelly
06/25/12
Graduatin Party
I am having a graduation party in July for 175. PLanning on Pulled BBQ chiken sandwiches, mini blu/roastbeef sandwiches and chicken/apple sausage as main dishes, plus the usual array of sides, a potato dish, fruit, veggie trays, pasta sald. What quantities would you suggest?? Also, can I cok and freeze the pulled chicken ahead of time, in or out of sauce?? THANKS!!
ellen
06/25/12
Yes, you can cook the chicken ahead of time, freeze in the sauce, thaw in the fridge.

Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches, 1 pound ready to eat per 5
mini blu/roastbeef sandwiches-1 per person, 3 ounces cooked roast beef per person
chicken/apple sausage- 1 pound per 4, split the sausages

a potato dish, fruit, veggie trays, pasta salad, all covered in the plan for 100 charts- do 1 3/4 times the amount.

Erika
07/02/12
I am useless in the kitchen and would love your helpful information. I am having 12 people for a July 4 swim party. I want to make shredded chicken barbq in crockpot (cuz I already know how to cook that!) but don't know how much chicken I should buy. I also want to make a baked ziti to go with but not sure 1 pound or two? I will do a fresh veggie try and fruit kabobs also and I can figure those amounts out. Any info is most appreciated! Thankyou
melissa
07/02/12
having bday party, expecting 100 guest. serving pulled pork, chicken and sides. how much pulled pork and chicken should i have/
ellen
07/09/12
Erika, sorry I missed your timing.

Melissa, 1 pound pork per 4 plus 1 piece chicken per person (6 ounces bone in, 3 ounces boneless)

Diane Richter
07/10/12
Grilled pork picnic sholder roast
We are going camping and one of the meals will be a Pork Picnic Sholder roast we have 6 adults and 5 adults children are 11,10,10,7,3 years of age. How many lbs of the roast should I buy.
ellen
07/10/12
If bone in, allow 1/2 pound per person regardless of age.
jason
07/11/12
I have to cook pulled pork and brisket for 160 people.we are also serving baked beans and potato salad.I was wondering how many lbs of meat should i buy.
ellen
07/11/12
Bone in pork shoulder, 1/2 pound raw per person, a bit more if heavy eaters. Lots of shrinkage and bone loss.
Megan
08/10/12
I am having a birthday party tomorrow for 55 guests. I have purchased ready made frozen pulled pork from Sams club. I bought 4 64 oz. each packages and wanted to know if I needed to buy more? Also, how much of pork beans, cole slaw, and nacho cheese dip would I need for this amount of people. 10 are children under the age of 8.
ellen
08/10/12
You won't have any left over, but that should be enough.

pork beans, cole slaw, plan for 100 page, do 1/2

nacho cheese dip, 1/4 cup per person, 1 pound chips per 10

betty
09/02/12
Wedding Reception for 120 people
For a wedding reception of 120. Appetizers of fruit tray, veggie tray, cheese tray. Buffet menu of pulled pork, potato salad, macaroni n cheese, baked beans and coleslaw. How much of each will I need? 25 of the 120 are small children
betty
09/02/12
Addition to above post: We are having yeast rolls, corn muffins and homemade apple butter.
ellen
09/02/12
Count this as 100, adding just 10% for the children.

fruit tray, see the fruit tray page, the deluxe tray for 100 is lovely for a wedding
veggie tray, see the veggie tray page, but consider doing one classic relish tray and then plain veggies for just 50
cheese tray, 16 pounds assorted, some can be logs or spreads, plus 8 pounds of crackers

All of these are exactly from the list for 100:
pulled pork,
potato salad,
macaroni n cheese,
baked beans
coleslaw

Advice on rolls and sandwich condiments, see the sandwich event page quantity lists.

If you want to post your estimate, I will be glad to check it for you.

Carol
09/06/12
Having a 90th birthday party for 50 people. How many pounds of pork lions will I need to cook to make BBQ pull pork sandwiches 1/2 of the invites will be over 70. What sides would you do, the party is from 2-4 most invites will have traveled in the morning and will not have time to eat before the party also serving cake. Thanks
ellen
09/06/12
I would do 19 pounds raw boneless meat, and I think shoulder makes a better pull than loin- moister.

You want 1 1/2 gallons slaw, fruit tray,
potato and/or pasta salad, how about deviled eggs? Maybe guacamole dip and chips?

I would do a cheese tray, popular and provides some protein for the folks who don't eat BBQ.

Carol
09/06/12
Having a 90th birthday party for 50 people. How many pounds of pork lions will I need to cook to make BBQ pull pork sandwiches 1/2 of the invites will be over 70. What sides would you do, the party is from 2-4 most invites will have traveled in the morning and will not have time to eat before the party also serving cake. Thanks
Carol
09/06/12
Thank you. My question went twice disregard the second one. How many dozens of eggs would I need for devilef eggs?
ellen
09/06/12
3 dozen eggs. Have a lovely party.
Derrick
09/11/12
The parents are having a team dinner for our schools Jr. High / High School Cross Country teams and they want pulled pork. Do you have any idea how much pulled pork I need to purchase? I need to feed around 40-50 boys and girls plus coaches. Last time I made 40 pounds of pulled pork for the football team it lasted about 15 minutes.

We will have different sides available.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Derrick

ellen
09/13/12
I am assuming 65 people, and the teens eat more, so I would estimate this as 75. For that, allowing seconds, about 50 pounds, including the sauce, which is around 6 gallons.

Get Really good bread and/or rolls- fills those hollow legs- 1 pound per 6. Sandwich fixings on the sandwich page.

Have potato salad- more filling than pasta salad- 30 pounds of potatoes.

shannon
09/13/12
I am having a reception for 100 and want to do pulled pork and pulled chicken or turkey wich is the cheapest? And need to know how much it will cost for the meat ? And do beans and Cole slaw ,chips and salad and potatoe salad and need to know how much of those I need and cost wise . Please help me . Thankyou :)
ellen
09/13/12
Cannot help with prices, it varies too much by region, sales and shopping skill.

You need pork from about 28 pounds raw pork and 14 pounds boneless chicken or turkey (which is 28 pounds whole/ bone-in).

Beans and Cole slaw ,chips and salad and potatoe salad, are all on the plan for 100 page.

Terri
09/17/12
I am planning my wedding &reception for next summer, both are to be held at a campground which presents a whole new set of challenges. What would be the easiest/cheapest way to feed around 40 people?
ellen
09/17/12
Are you hiring someone to cook and serve? Will you have access to a standard kitchen? What time is the service and how long will the party last? I need more info.
Terri
09/17/12
My dad has offered to cook, buffet style serving. No access to traditional kitchen just firepit and ice chests. I can get the buffet style serving trays (with the little flame underneath to keep food hot not sure what it's called). Ceremony is at 5:30 reception immediately following. We will be eating around 6:15.
ellen
09/17/12
OK. Suggest you plan a bunch of pre-made things such as salads/dishes that can be chilled and carried in in ice chests.

How about a Mediterranean appetizer tray with 2 or 3 cans of dolmas (60 per can), a pickled gardiniera, 4 pounds of pasteurized feta (which comes in sealed containers) and good olives? All these can be brought in and held.

A great potato and a pasta salad (see the many unusual recipes on this site, use a scant half.) These can be made one or two days ahead and chilled. Maybe a corn relish, or Texas caviar?

Vegetables? Roasted? Corn on the grill?

About the meat, you have to decide. Chicken quarters and sausage are the least expensive. Read the BBQ and brisket page and get ideas.

How about taking some seedless watermellons on ice, and maybe other cold fruit?

Susan
09/25/12
Buns and Rolls for Pig Pickin
I am doing a wedding reception. She is doing a pig pickin. She wants buns and rolls. 50 people invited, how many of each should I buy
ellen
09/26/12
Get really good rolls- talk to a bakery?

2 regular hamburger size, or 1 1/2 really big. You want about 3 ounces of bread per person.

Theresa
10/02/12
Hi We are having an event where there should be a good 100 to 120 people. Our only meat dish will be Pulled Pork. We have a large grill smoker that we want to cook all the butts on for 12-14 hrs. Can you help me with how much pork we need? Is boneless better to go with to provide more meat and help make sure of full cooking? we plan on having corn on the cob (the half cob ones) potato salad, baked beans and rolls/bread.
ellen
10/03/12
You need 38 pound raw boneless for 100, add 8 more for 120. On the bone has a bit more flavor...

Party this size, you will have some non-pork/meat eaters. Add a box of veggie burgers such as Boca or Morningstar.

Amy
10/10/12
My wedding reception is in December and we have decided to cook our own food. We will have around 250 people there. We want to make pulled chicken BBQ sandwiches. How many lbs of boneless chicken breasts should I get? Do you think we should do pulled pork too? What is usually cheaper? Thank you!
ellen
10/10/12
You don't need both. Chicken thigh is cheaper and moister, make a small recipe with each and see which one you like. 28 pounds raw boneless skinless meat per 100. See the sandwich page for sandwich condiments, lettuce, tomato, slaw, etc.
Dawn
10/19/12
pulled chicken bbq
How long and at what temp do I cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts in an electric roaster for pulled chicken sandwiches?
ellen
10/19/12
1 gallon pulled chicken meat (16 pounds) and 1 1/2 quarts sauce makes 32 sandwiches.

6-8 hours at 190-200, about 3-4 hours at 280-300.

Tammy
02/20/13
Planning a party for 65 people. How much pulled pork, sauce, chicken strips, slaw, baked beans do I need? We are also having baked potato and bread-plus desserts.
ellen
02/20/13
this is 2/3 of 100, use the plan for 100 tables.

pulled pork, sauce, plan 4 sandwiches per pound of raw boneless pork or 5 per pound of ready to eat. For the table 1 cup sauce per 5-6.

chicken strips, plan 2 per person

Steph
02/22/13
Hey Ellen!
I read through all of the above posts and thought I had the info I needed until I tried figuring what I needed in actuality ;). So ill just ask for my specific situation...
170 people ( about 20 kids under age 16 ) for wedding. We have decided on pulled pork for rolls. I'm guessing around 60 lbs of boneless shoulder. We will cook ahead and freeze in bags already in sauce. My questions are: does the meat # sound good? How many #s of beans? How many # of potato salad ? Green salad ? Veggie tray? Fruit tray? And rolls? Lastly ... In you're experience, is it better to give two choices of meat.. Adding pulled beef or chicken.. Or just one?
ellen
02/22/13
I would count this as 1 2/3 times 100. The meat looks about right.
I like 2 smaller rolls per person rather than 1 1/2 large ones.

How many #s of beans? How many # of potato salad ? Green salad ? Veggie tray? Fruit tray? And rolls?
All of these are on the plan for 100 list and the fruit tray article and veggie tray article. Sandwich trimmings are on the sandwich page.

Two choices of meat uses much more meat. Instead, I would make the beans meatless (so vegetarians can enjoy them) and have about 2 dozen veggie burgers available.

raymon
03/13/13
pull pork buffet four 100 people, how much raw pork shoulder do i need? potato salad ? cole slaw do we need
ellen
03/13/13
Raymon, these are all covered on the plan for 100 page-

get pork shoulder, about 28 pounds boneless for 100 people.

David
04/24/13
In figuring pulled pork how much raw meat should you cook to serve 50 people. I would be cooking Boston Butts bone in. Also with regards to making slaw how much slaw and beans should you make to serve 50. In making my beans I add, catup, Hamburg, onions, and liquid seasoning. How much BBq sauce should you plan on having also.
Thank You.
Dave
ellen
04/24/13
About 18 pounds bone in is plenty.

6 quarts slaw. 4 pounds dry beans or 2 #10 cans. Please have a meatless choice for the non-pork eaters- maybe a vegetarian chili, or meatless beans.

About 4 quarts sauce for the meat and another couple for the table.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, consider a donation, maybe a dime per person, to support the site.

AJ
04/27/13
How much would 2 large tortillas cost in dollars?
ellen
04/27/13
?Here in Texas, a dozen at the grocery store cost anywhere from $.90 to 3.00, so it could be anywhere from $.15 to $.50.
AJ
04/28/13
Thanks so much!!!
Mindi
05/16/13
I am planning a high school graduation party for approx. 100 people. We are having BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches and other sides. What is the easiest and less costly way of preparing the chicken.
ellen
05/17/13
Use chicken thighs or leg quarters. Leg quarters are a bit less expensive but more work. 1 pound of bone in chicken makes 1 cup of meat.
Julia
06/19/13
Pulled Pork Bbq
I am planning a party for my husband(age 35) to celebrate making it through chemotherapy! Cancer Free! 55 adults & 15 kids will be attending...meats will include pulled pork sandwiches, grilled chicken drumsticks, grilled hotdogs & meatballs. Not sure how much quantity of each to prepare. Thanks for your help! You are a fabulous resource!
ellen
06/19/13
I would count this as 2/3 of 100 in using my planning pages/lists.

pulled pork sandwiches, 60 sandwiches, about 12-14 pounds plenty
grilled chicken drumsticks, 1 1/2 per person- about 80-90
grilled hotdogs, Skip? Not needed with the chicken legs and other meats,
meatballs, 1 pound of 1/2 ounce size per 8

Congratulations and good health to all in the future-

Mary
07/04/13
Tacos
Hi Ellen,
Love your web site! Having graduation party for 200. Pulled pork, turkey sandwiches and walking tacos. Hard to tell how many bags of chips; more important how many pounds of hamburger do we need?Thank you for the advice! Mary
P.S. I know we can freeze left overs.
ellen
07/04/13
1 to 1 1/2 ounce chips per person-
about 35 pounds meat
penny taylor
07/15/13
we are having a bbq of chickens and pulled pork for 20 people - how much chicken and pork do i need to buy?
ellen
07/15/13
For a group this size, normal, not heavy eaters, I would do 3 chickens (depends on size) and 5 pounds raw boneless pork.
eileen parker
07/21/13
Birthday BBQ for 75 people
party for 75. Need help with amounts needed. Menu
Pulled pork
Hot Dogs
Hambugers
Potatoe salad
Pasta salad (tomatoes, peppers, pepperoni, onions, bow ties)
Macaroni salad (with tuna)
Cole slaw
Mac & cheese
thank you,
Eileen
eileen parker
07/22/13
Birthday bbq 75 people
party for 75. Need help with amounts needed. Menu
Pulled pork
Hot Dogs
Hambugers
Potatoe salad
Pasta salad (tomatoes, peppers, pepperoni, onions, bow ties)
Macaroni salad (with tuna)
Cole slaw
Mac & cheese
thank you,
Eileen
Danielle
08/15/13
Hello. We are planning on making pulled chicken sandwiches for our daughter's birthday party. I prefer to use thighs, but don't know how much to buy for approx. 25 people. Can we cook them in a roaster oven? If so how long at what temp?
ellen
08/15/13
Eileen, 75 people

Pulled pork- about 18 pounds raw boneless beef
Hot Dogs
Hamburgers- about 60 patteies
You could skip the hot dogs and only need one type of bun- about 120 buns
Fixings, see the sandwich page, 3/4 of 100

Potato salad- 2 1/2 to 3 gallons
Pasta salad (tomatoes, peppers, pepperoni, onions, bow ties)-3 pounds dry pasta
Macaroni salad (with tuna)-2 pounds dry pasta
Cole slaw- 2 gallons
Mac & cheese- 5 pounds dry pasta

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation to support the site. Thanks.

ellen
08/15/13
Danielle, you need about 8 pounds boneless (16 pounds bone-in).
Erica
08/29/13
Hi Ellen! Thanks for this thread. I am hosting a 40 person baby shower this weekend, and am planning to serve BBQ Beef sliders (on the small Hawaiian sweet rolls). I have a 5 quart slow cooker I was planning to use. How many pounds of roast should I purchase, and how many can I fit into the slow cooker? How will the weight of the meat effect the cooking time in the slow cooker?
Our event is at 2pm, and we are serving several other hor s'doeurves in addition to the BBQ Beef sliders. Thanks in advance for your response.
ellen
08/30/13
Erica, sorry I got tied up with a family emergency earlier this week.

For 40 people, 10 pounds boneless beef, chuck is preferred. I would cook this in the oven ahead, then serve in the crock pot, as a 10 pound roast is too big to cook in 1 piece in the crock. The oven at 300 is the same as the crock on high, 200 is the same as on low.

annie
10/21/13
150 people
Hi!
Planning to sell BBQ beef sandwiches, cowboy beans and potato salad at a fundraising event. Can you tell me the amounts for 150 people? We will be making all from scratch.
ellen
10/21/13
This is just 150 plates.

45 pounds potatoes (could go 50)
12 pounds dry beans
45 pounds raw boneless beef

JoAnn
01/08/14
Hi Ellen, I need to make 500 mini pulled pork sandwiches how much pork roast do I need?
ellen
01/08/14
1 pound prepped and sauced for each 10-12, depends on bun size.
Suzanne
02/20/14
Hello!!!
Planning a surprise 50th birthday party for hubby. I am anticipating around 150 guests. I plan on purchasing pulled BBQ pork from the meat market, buns from bakery, beans or salad from a deli and chips from store. I do not know where to begin or how much to order for each. Help!?!?
Suzanne
02/20/14
I should add that the pulled BBQ pork will already be made up for me (meat & bbq together). I just need to put in roaster and heat. Thank you!!
ellen
02/21/14
1 pound meat per 4, 1.5 buns per person (or get the smaller slider buns and allow 3 per person), 5 gallons beans, 4 gallons slaw, 12 pounds chips, 1 pint dip or salsa per pound.

See beverage page for help on beverages. A full sheet cake cuts 50-60 pieces.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Suzanne
02/25/14
Thank you Ellen!!!

Another quick question for you. The caters are telling me 30 pounds of beans and 30 pounds of cole slaw. I don't know how to compute pounds to gallons. Is this the same as you wrote above? Or how can I calculate so that I don't have an over abundance of the items or not enough.

Yes... I will certainly donate. How do I go about doing that?

ellen
02/25/14
I would increase the beans to 35-40 pounds, the slaw is fine.

You can donate using the donate button, upper left, it goes to Paypal; or contact me at the "contact" email address at the bottom of the page

Karen
03/06/14
Hi Ellen,

I am having a graduation party for my son, probally 150-200 people I need to know how much bbq pulled pork to order (it goes by pounds) my menu also includes:: hot sausage-ziti-chicken-sweet n sour meatballs--sandwich rings as well as five or so sides. My son really wants bbq pork, I have no clue, can you help me please?????
Thank you Karen

Karen
03/06/14
Hi Ellen,

I am having a graduation party for my son, probally 150-200 people I need to know how much bbq pulled pork to order (it goes by pounds) my menu also includes:: hot sausage-ziti-chicken-sweet n sour meatballs--sandwich rings as well as five or so sides. My son really wants bbq pork, I have no clue, can you help me please?????
Thank you Karen

ellen
03/06/14
I would plan for 200 slider size sandwiches, 1 pound ready to serve makes about 10 sandwiches
audrey
04/16/14
I'm having bbq chicken sandwiches for a party of 50-60ppl and was wondering what the easiest and or the fastest way to cooked the chicken breast? Oven, slow cooker, or electric roasting pan? Thanks
ellen
04/16/14
Thighs make better pulled chicken. All are good, oven may be easiest.
Mike
05/13/14
How many pounds of pulled pork do I need to feed 100 guest at wedding. Am getting 156 buns.
ellen
05/13/14
Ready to eat weight, 35 pounds.
ellen
05/13/14
However, if the sides are light, you might go 40...
Veronica
05/17/14
Hi Helen I am cooking BBQ pork sandwich for a celebration day at my sons soccer club, how much pork with bone and sauce I need, will be having plenty side dishes to go with it
ellen
05/18/14
Veronica, help, how many people and what age range?
Abby
05/27/14
Hi Ellen,
I'm having pulled pork BBQ for my wedding reception, and I'm trying to figure out how many pounds of raw pork butt. We're going to have 350 guests. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! :)
Tori
05/29/14
Hi Ellen,

Having a 30th birthday BBQ for 100 guests (25 of which are kids under 8).

How does this look?

-Start at 3pm: Nacho bar (chips, cheese, dips, sour cream salsa etc for toppings) & themed snack table with peanuts, cracker jacks, sunflower seeds, salt water taffy.

-Meal (4:30ish or when people start getting hungry):
Hot dogs- 150
Burgers- 80
Pulled pork- 20lbs
Veggie burgers- 20 (a few vegetarians)
Chicken Fingers- 1/2 tray or so for the kids

French Fries- 1/2 tray or so for the kids
Baked Beans- 132 ounces (8 16oz cans)
Pasta Salad (oil based)- 1/2 tray
Broccoli salad- 1/2 tray
Green salad- 1/2 tray
Potato Salad- 2 gallons
Coleslaw- 2 gallons
Corn Salad- 1 gallon

Also, how many buns do I get?

ellen
05/29/14
If this is for sandwiches, 1 pound raw boneless shoulder will make 5 sandwiches, about right for 4 people. You also need a vegetarian entree.

Also, a party this size, takes about 5 people in tthe kitchen and 18-20 out front to set up, serve, and clean up. These folks can't attend the wedding, they will be working.

ellen
05/30/14
Tori, this is a scant 100- don't add to any of the plan for 100 amounts on this site.
Also, a half tray is usually only about 12-15 servings.

Nacho bar,
1 pound chips per 12
cheese, 2 #10 cans per 100
dips, 1 pint per pound chips
sour cream, 5 pounds per 100
salsa, 3 quarts per 100
jalapeno slices, 2 quarts per 100
other toppings, see the taco bar page

themed snack table with
peanuts, 6 pounds per 100
cracker jacks, about 50 cups. There is a really delicious caramel corn site on this site
sunflower seeds, 4 pounds
salt water taffy, 8 pounds per 100
You have a lot of kids, and most of these are choking hazards.

Meal (4:30ish or when people start getting hungry):
Hot dogs- 150- no more than 100
Burgers- 80
Pulled pork- 20lbs- probably some left- 15 would be OK
Veggie burgers- 20 (a few vegetarians)
Chicken Fingers- 1/2 tray or so for the kids- OK but not really necessary with this menu
Condiments, see the sandwich even page

French Fries- 1/2 tray or so for the kids- not necessary- hard to keep, and they like chips just as well-
Baked Beans- 132 ounces (8 16oz cans)
Pasta Salad (oil based)- 1/2 tray
Broccoli salad- 1/2 tray- OK, none left
Green salad- 1/2 tray- at least full tray, 2-3 quarts dressing
Potato Salad- 2 gallons-3 to 4
Coleslaw- 2 gallons
Corn Salad- 1 gallon

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Tori
05/30/14
Hi Ellen,

Definitely donating, your site is wonderful!

When you say it's a scant 100 that means it's really not enough, right? If I take all of your suggestions (cut chicken fingers and French fries, reduce pork to 15lbs, reduce hot dogs to 100, increase potato salad and green salad) will it be enough? Where should I add on to make sure it's enough?

Thank you so much!!

Tori
05/30/14
Sorry, more questions:

Since I'm having a nacho bar, should I have 10lbs nacho/tortilla chips with your taco bar serving amounts for nacho cheese, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeņos PLUS 3.5lbs potato chips, 2.5lbs pretzels, and 6pints dips? Or do I reduce the suggested lbs for each or eliminate the regular chips and dips all together?

Does this look better for dinner amounts? I reread your charts and added in the additional 30% servings. I want to make sure it's enough... It's my first big party and first time extended family will be at my new house so I want it to be perfect!

Hot dogs: 130
Burgers: 110
Cheese for burgers: 3lbs
Pulled pork: 15-20lbs
Veggie burgers: 20
Hot dog buns: 130
Burger/veg burger/ pulled pork buns: 220

Sides:
Baked beans: 3gallons
Potato salad: 4 gallons
Cole slaw: 3 gallons
Broccoli salad: 1/2 tray (leaving as is since my sis offered this)
Pasta salad: 1/2 tray? Or should I do 1 full? About 3lbs dry per half tray, correct? This salad also has addins like olives and artichoke hearts.
Corn salad: 1/2 tray (about 10lbs frozen corn)
Green salad: 1 full tray

Also, I know you suggest 2 gallons sauerkraut but what if I did 1.5 sauerkraut and .5 hot dog onions? Should I just stick to sauerkraut? It's a baseball themed party.

Thanks again :)

ellen
05/30/14
Hi, Tori,

No sorry, what I meant was with all the little kids, it isn't really quite 100, so you don't need to increase the amounts for 100. Yes, if you do what I suggested it will be plenty, unless everyone in your family is a football player.

About 8 pounds nacho chips, rest of nacho stuff as discussed.
3 pounds regular chips, 3 pints chip dips
pretzels, OK

Don't add to the meats, it was plenty as listed, do the buns to match. Veggie hot dogs are available, can go in a crock pot, might be more in keeping with the theme.

Sauerkraut, yes, you can do 1 1/2 gallons and 1/2 gallon onions. There is an authentic coney sauce here:
www.ellenskitchen.com/forum/messages/43504.html
or you could do the hot dog chili and some people will put it on their nachos, too!

Baked beans: 3 gallons
Potato salad: 4 gallons
Cole slaw: 3 gallons
Broccoli salad: 1/2 tray (leaving as is since my sis offered this)
Pasta salad: 1/2 tray? Or should I do 1 full? Do at least 1 full. I would do 4-5 pounds dry pasta if I were making it myself.
Corn salad: 1/2 tray (about 10lbs frozen corn)- OK, probably none left
Green salad: 1 full tray none left. Could do 2 full trays and cut slaw to 2 gallons.

Hope this helps.

Tammy
06/10/14
pulled pork bbq & hot dogs
Hi Ellen, from what I have been reading. I will need about 44 lbs of raw pork for pulled pork sandwiches, for 110 guests. Will I need a bone or boneless. I am also serving hot dogs. I also would like to do a couple sides along with chips. this is my first party planning.
Yeida
06/10/14
70 Birthday Party
Party for 120 guests...
Menu...Spanish yellow rice, pork shoulder, Potato salad, and Meatballs....yes or not....and how much? Or/And What Else,?
ellen
06/11/14
Tammy, if this is for sandwiches, 35 pounds raw boneless would be plenty.
ellen
06/11/14
Yeida, you need fruits and vegetables with this. I suggest part be an appetizer table.

Fruit tray- use the fruit tray page
cheese- 1 pound per 10
crackers- 6 pounds per 100

Party for 120 guests...
Menu...
Spanish yellow rice, 8 pounds dry rice per 100
pork shoulder, 60 pounds boneless raw if sliced; 45 for pulled/shredded
Potato salad, 5 gallons (about 45 pounds potatoes)

Meatballs, if appetizer, 10 pounds per 100 plus 3 quarts sauce; if entree, about 25 pounds, 2 gallons sauce

You need one or two veggies, about 25 pounds each; squash, green beans, etc
If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Giuliana
06/12/14
Hi, I would like to sell sandwiches of BBQ pork but I am not sure how much money it's will be, and it's good idea? Please could you give advice? Also pork shoulder it's expensive for this kind of business or no?
Many thanks
ellen
06/12/14
Guilianna, my advice for ambitious future caterers is to use these pro site forums:

chef2chef.com
foodservice.com
cheftalk.com

In many states it is not legal to sell food prepared in a home kitchen to the public. You need to check with the public health department in your county for advice and regulations. You also need liability insurance, because anyone who buys your food can sue you if they say it made them sick.

Pork shoulder is the right cut for this project.

Beth
06/12/14
bbq pulled pork /bbq beef
ellen

planning a surprise 50th birthday party for my husband in november 2104.
how much bbq pork or bbq beef for 150 guests. the rest of menu is the following: swedish meatballs, cocoktail sausages, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans, chips, cake, mint nuts, coffee,tea,punch.

ellen
06/12/14
Very traditional menu. 38 pounds raw boneless beef per 100 for this type sandwich on buffet should be just about right. Are you asking about the rest of the quantities?
Beth
06/12/14
yes, for the mac salad, potato salad,baked beans, meatballs, sausages. may dopart cupcakes with the cake. thank you for your help.
Tricia
06/12/14
I'm having 20 adults over and serving pull pork sliders using pork country ribs boneless. How many lbs of meet should I buy?
ellen
06/14/14
Beth 150 guests

mac salad, 9 pounds dry pasta
potato salad, 6 gallons, about 60 pounds
baked beans, about 5 gallons

These are the amounts of these for appetizer type amounts
meatballs, 15 pounds, 5 quarts sauce
sausages, 12-15 pounds.

You might add 4 gallons of slaw. Usual to have a gallon of pickles and about 8 pounds sliced onion with the sliders.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Janie
07/13/14
Planning wedding hors-d'oeuvres evening reception for 150 guests for my daughter. Serving meatballs, boneless wings, pork BBQ sandwiches, buns, pasta salad, cheese trays, crackers, and veggie trays. Need to know how many pounds of each will be needed.
ellen
07/13/14
What time is the party, how long will it last and what beverages are being served? Please send more info.
Janie
07/13/14
The reception will begin 7:30pm and will last 4 hours. There will be soft drinks, water, and a cash bar.
ellen
07/14/14
OK, this is definitely after dinner, so uses a little less food.

meatballs, 10 pounds per 100, 3 quarts sauce per 10 pounds
boneless wings, 3 per person
dipping sauce, 1 cup per 4-5
pork BBQ sandwiches, 1 pound ready to eat pork per 6
buns, 2 slider size per person

pasta salad, 5 pounds dry pasta per 100 plus add-ins
I would add fruit trays and chips/dips, 1 pound chips per 15, 1 pint dip/salsa per pound) and omit the pasta salad- even if you keep it, I would add fruit trays, see the fruit tray page.

cheese trays, 1 pound per 12, some can be spreads or logs/balls
crackers, 6 pounds per 100

veggie trays, use the veggie tray page, Ranch dip

Suzan
07/31/14
Bar-B-Q Beef and Sloppy Joes
Hi,
I want to order from a local meat market deli prepared Bar-B-Q Beef and Sloppy Joes to feed 32 people. How many lbs of each would you suggest I order. How many dozen buns? I Will also be serving salads, beans, and egg rolls that are being brought by a couple attending. All adults...... Thank you
Suzanne
08/04/14
Hello,
I am having a wedding for a max of 100 people. How much pulled pork and chicken would I need? I will also have other sides too. Please help!
ellen
08/05/14
Suzan, if these are all adults, this is what I would do;

4 dozen large rolls, or 80-90 slider rolls. Sliders would let everyone try some of each, if they wish.

12 pounds meats- about 7/5 split, 8/4 if there is a strong local bb qbeef preference

ellen
08/05/14
Suzanne, for your reception for a max of 100 people.

pulled pork- 1 pound makes about 5 sandwiches. I would do 18-20 pounds
chicken- 1 piece per person if fried; if second pulled meat, do 18 pork and 7 chicken
5 large buns or 12 slider buns per pound of meat
10 pounds sliced onions.
1 gallon sliced pickles,
1 cup table sauce per 6
2 gallons slaw

kim
10/29/14
shredded mexican pork
I am having a 50th birthday party in 3 weeks. I am going to make shredded pork for burritos and tacos and I have found pork shoulder roast on sale for 99cents per lb (includes bone). trying to figure out how many pounds of this roast I should buy to have enough for 100ish people. Not sure how to figure out how much of the weight is bone and how much is meat??
ellen
10/30/14
1 pound bone in for 3 people, shredded
Raeleen
11/11/14
We are having a neighborhood party for approximately 65 people. We are having a buffet. The menu includes: BBQ pork sandwiches, 1/4 chicken, beans & potato salad. People will be able to get both meats or 1 of whichever. We will buy pork butt without bone, chicken whole or possibly already cut and we will do the cooking on a grill. The potato salad and beans will be bought already made. How do I determine how much meat to buy with this scenario and menu? Also, how much potato salad and beans? I truly appreciate this!!!
kristyn
01/03/15
Hi I am having a wedding and I have aproximately 70 guests and was planning on having beef. But chicken will do as well. I also am having beans rice and a salad of some sort. I am also very tight on the budget. I'll make it work though! Thanks for your time!
ellen
01/04/15
You will have some money left to do some appetizers if you do chicken. The 2 wedding chicken dishes on Big Pots are delicious, festive, and can be made ahead. A rice pilaf, maybe with almonds to garnish, 6 pounds dry beans cooked, or 3 #10 cans, or 16 pounds green beans. 3/4 the amount of salad on the plan for 100 page.

Please do try to fit in an appetizer plan and here is why:

A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch (6 gallons per 100), or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or tapenade, or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area is plenty for each 100 guests.

Laina
02/07/15
I just happened across your page and I'm hoping you can help. We are looking to do pulled pork for our wedding in June. My Dad has been raising a pig for us to use. We're expecting roughly 250 people. So I have a couple questions: 1. Can you use all the meat from the whole pig for pulled pork? I know some cuts may be more dry than others, but will it be ok if it's all mixed together? 2. The pig still has a little growing to do, but do you know if a well-sized pig would feed this many people? We also have the option of fresh beef. Opinions? 3. We're also having calico beans and potato salad. Do you know how much of each to prepare? Thank you!
ellen
02/08/15
250 pounds of a whole hog would do great. You do need a choice for the 10-20 people who don't eat pork; Field Roast makes big fat veggie sausages that can be done in the crockpot and work well with this menu.

calico beans, at least 3 gallons per 100, about 8 pounds dried beans per 100. Some needs to be meatless.

potato salad, about 4 gallons (45 pounds potatoes) per 100

Allow 1 gallon of pickles and about 8 pounds sliced onions per 100. Also consider adding either slaw (2 1/2 gallons per 100) or green salad, per the plan for 100 page.

You also need an appetizer plan, and here is why:

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area can serve each 100 guests.

Susan Ward
02/19/15
I know you advise not to use pork loin to make pulled pork, but unfortunately, that's what we've got to work with. Any suggestions on how to cook it so it's not dry? We're expecting 80 people for a women's event and have 3 - 10 lb. pork loins. Based on what I've read this should be plenty. We're having a simple menu of pulled pork sandwiches, Cole slaw, cheesy potatoes, potato chips, and Do It Yourself S'mores for dessert. The person that's helping me with this meal thinks that meat always tastes funny when cooked ahead, but it would make things so much easier for us if we could do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
ellen
02/20/15
It's doable. If you do cook ahead, roast very low until it shreds, shred the meat ahead, drench it is sauce, then freeze it, it absorbs more sauce and actually improves.

You need 2-3 quarts pickles and 5 pounds sliced onions with the meat, as well as about 3 quarts of table sauce.

With 80 women, do get a pack of veggie sausages such as field roast brand, or veggie patties for any non-pork eaters.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a dime or quarter per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Bob
03/06/15
We are having a party and expecting to have around 75 adults and children. I am going to have cheeseburger sliders and pulled pork sliders, do you have a formula to figure how much I would need of both?
ellen
03/06/15
1 pound pulled pork makes 12 sliders, 1 pound ground beef 8-10. You need to tell me the rest of the menu for an accurate meat estimate.
Kathleen
03/13/15
pulled pork bbq and sides
Trying to figure out if my calculations are correct for my wedding for 120 people . Most are adults maybe 20 kids . We are cooking everything ourselves . Here is my calculations . Please let me know if I should adjust anything . Wedding is one month away .
65 pounds pork butt ( confused if I should buy more)
100 pounds smoked turkey
1 gallon BBQ sauce for the side
400 sliders buns
15 pounds cheese (cheese tray)
3 box of crackers
25 pounds veggies (veggie tray )
5 pounds ranch for veggie tray
25 pounds pot and ingredients for pototoe salad
Baked beans (5 large cans ) serving size says 24
Coleslaw (12 heads cabbage plus ingredients )
Mixed veggies (5 large cans ) serving size 24
Chips (20 bags )
Dessert: cake and choc Oreo cookies

Do I need to adjust anything ?

ellen
03/15/15
Kathleen, this is a lot more food, especially meat, than you need-

65 pounds pork butt ( confused if I should buy more), if bone in, 40 pounds
100 pounds smoked turkey, 25 pounds boneless

1 gallon BBQ sauce for the side, 1 1/2 to 2 gallons
8 pounds sliced onions
5 quarts pickles

400 sliders buns, 12 per 5= 288/300

15 pounds cheese (cheese tray), OK, some can be spreads or logs
3 box of crackers, 7 pounds

25 pounds veggies (veggie tray), 15 pounds
5 pounds ranch for veggie tray, 15 pints

25 pounds pot and ingredients for potato salad, I would do 40

Baked beans (5 large cans ) serving size says 24, OK

Coleslaw (12 heads cabbage plus ingredients ), 24 pounds slaw

Mixed veggies (5 large cans ) serving size 24, do 6

Chips (20 bags )1 pound per 12

Dessert: cake, control costs by having a grooms cake or kitchen cakes (sheet cakes in the wedding cake flavor). 1 sheet is 60 servings. Decide how big a wedding cake you want, then order the rest in the other choices.
choc Oreo cookies, 2 per person

To make a surer success of your effort, make an appetizer plan, especially if you are grilling, and here is why:

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area serves about 100 guests.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a dime or quarter per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Kathleen
03/17/15
One other thing we are stuck on is drinks. We are having sweet tea, lemonade, water, mike hard lemonade (bottles), beer (bottles) . We haven't decided about wine . I was thinking
10 gallons of sweet tea
8 gallons lemonade
8 gallons water
6 case of beer
4 cases mikes hard lemonade
If wine maybe 20 bottles
About 30 of the guest are children . Our reception is roughly running about 4 1/2 hours.
Thanks for your help
ellen
03/17/15
pulled pork bbq beverages 120 people
10 gallons of sweet tea, have at least 3 of them unsweetened
8 gallons lemonade, maybe 10
8 gallons water, OK, but easy to get 2 bottles per person
6 case of beer, beer drinkers drink 4-5 per party, so this is only enough for about 30 people. A keg is enough for 40 people
4 cases mikes hard lemonade, 3-4 per person, about 30 people
If wine maybe 20 bottles, about 30 people

You may want to increase, depending on the amount your crowd drinks; one drink per hour is not unusual for parties.

Kids like juice boxes-

If you are serving alcohol, consider adding dinner level coffee the last half of the party, see the beverage planning page.

Kathleen
03/22/15
What about paper goods . We are using paper products ?
I was thinking
300 plates
300 cake plates
360 forks
240 spoons
120 knifes
Napkins 1000
Cups 600
Wine glasses 200
Kathleen
03/22/15
Paper products
300 dinner plates
300 cake plates
300 forks spoons and knifes
1000 napkins
600 napkins
200 wine glasses

Do you think these calculations are ok

ellen
03/24/15
120 people, you can cut back a bit on your supplies

300 dinner plates 240 OK
300 cake plates 240 OK
300 forks
200 spoons and
150 knives
1000 napkins 800 dinner
600 napkins 300 beverage
200 wine glasses OK, but if only 20 bottles, no more than 120- 20 bottles is only 100 servings

Repeating, consider dinner level coffee! See beverage page

Kathleen
03/26/15
Can you confirm disposable cups again . I orginally put 600 . I know you had said 300 beverage but I'm assuming you meant beverage napkins . Got confused so I wanted to make sure . Thanks
ellen
03/26/15
Yes, beverage napkins
ellen
03/27/15
Buy\t for 120 people, at most 360 cups...
Jill
04/13/15
hot cheesy turkey sandwiches
I am having a graduation party and I am expecting 250 people. We are serving the cheesy turkey sandwiches, 2 salads, chips, fresh fruit, pickles and cupcakes/bars, lemonade & coffee. How much of each of these do I need to make.
Melissa
04/13/15
We are having a fundraiser and I need to know how much I will need for 150 people. We are having BBQ (that I have purchased vacuumed packed). baked beans, slaw , dessert and bread.
ellen
04/13/15
6 cups, 3 pounds, ready to use turkey meat, makes about 18 sandwiches and is about 6 pounds whole turkey. For 250 people, plan on at least 350-375 sandwiches.

2 salads, use plan for 100 lists. For starchy salad do 2 1/2 times the amount for 100; For green salads, about 2 1/4.

chips, 1 pound per 10, 1 pint salsa or dip per pound

fresh fruit, use fruit tray page. 2 times the deluxe tray for 100 would be OK for 250 with this menu.

pickles, 2 1/2 gallons

cupcakes/bars, one flavor cupcakes,, 1 p;per person plus 10%. 2 flavors, about 150 of each- people will take both. Ba\rs, cut them small at least 2 per person, or one each flavor.

lemonade, 8 gallons per 100. Have a few gallons of sugar free, or unsweetened tea for any no-sugar folks.
coffee, dinner level for all coffee drinkers, see the beverage planning page.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Gila
05/19/15
Hello,
I'm having a party with about 80 people. My son wants to have mini burgers. I will have other food buy how many pounds of meat would I need for 80 people?
Marina
06/19/15
Hello I helping my friend with her sons Grad party she invited about 150 people and she wanted to make pulled pork sand whiches I did not see a recipe on your website i know that we need about 25-50 lbs what did you recommend as far as a recipe? thank you
Marina
06/19/15
Hello,
you can answer via email as well with your message on the Pulled pork for Marina thank you again
ellen
06/19/15
Marina,
Use this technique and recipe.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAcQm4csJb0

You need to start with at least 45 pounds boneless, and have 1 crock pot of vegetarian sausages such as Field Roast, or veggie patties.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Sandy
06/26/15
I have looked through all the threads and have not found my questions answered. I have 30 pounds of pork shoulder roast that I want to make into pulled pork and want to know the if it is doable in a 18 QT roaster oven? How many pounds of pork shoulder roast can fit in a 18 QT roster oven? What is the cooking time?

Thanks for your time.

ellen
06/27/15
I keep to about 20 pounds per roaster. The recipe just above, with the oven roasting to get the edges and the smoky taste, is the best. I would premake the meat using that recipe, then reheat in the roasters. Each one will do about 60-80 sandwiches, 15-18 pounds.
Karen
07/11/15
pulled bbq chicken & sloppy joes
Hi Ellen,

We're having a birthday party and I'm guessing we're expecting 50-60 people. We are serving pulled bbq sandwiches and sloppy joes and asking people to bring a dish to pass. How many chicken breasts and pounds of ground beef do you think we'll need? Also, how many buns?
Thanks!

ellen
07/13/15
Assuming 60 people of normal appetite, you need about 16 pounds of ready to serve meats, which is about 20 pounds raw. How to divide depends on local taste. Each pound ready to serve requires 5-6 regular buns OR 12 slider buns (which tend to slightly reduce the amount of meat taken per person).

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

kate
08/09/15
Hi,

I am hosting a bbq for 40 ppl. how many 1/2 pans of pulled pork should I order to feed 40?

ellen
08/09/15
Usual caterers estimate is 10 per 1/2 pan.
Claudia
08/30/15
I am cooking pulled pork samwiches for around 65 people including children and I was wondering how much pork joint I would need to make the samwiches? Also how much coleslaw would I need to make? And how many potatoes would I need to get?

Thanks

Claudia
08/30/15
As well how many bread buns do you think I would need?

Thank you

Darlene
09/25/15
pulled chicken
I'm having a reception for 40 people. We are having slider sandwiches on kings Hawaiian rolls. We are cooking one boston butt that is 12 pounds and I need to know how much shredded chicken to buy. We are also having beans, slaw and chips with cheesecake and cupcakes and candy buffet for dessert. THANKS!
sherry 9/27/15
09/27/15
pulled bbq chicken for 300 ppl
I am making bbq shredded chicken sandwiches for
300 people. How many lbs of raw chicken do I need?
If I add onions, can I cook them separately , add to
the sauce and chicken and freeze together? Would
you advise adding liquid smoke...before or after
freezing? How many 4 inch deep, full size pans are
needed for 300 people? I would appreciate a quick
response as the event is next week . Thank you.
ellen
09/29/15
Darlene, your pork will make about 80 sliders, so at most 4 pounds chicken (another 30-40).
ellen
09/29/15
Sherry, the 4 inch pan holds about 60 cups (30 pounds) shredded and sauced meat, which is 120-150 sandwiches, so you want at least 3 pans, 4 if it is a hungry crowd. 1 pound whole chicken makes 1 cup meat, about 1 1/4 with sauce. 1 pound boneless makes 2, which makes 2 1/2, and I would suggest boneless thigh for this sandwich. I do NOT use liquid smoke in frozen things, the flavor changes. Yes you can put onions in, it is not traditional with shredded sandwiches. 1 gallon pickles, and 6-8 pounds thin sliced onions per 100.

If this is a paid gig or I save you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Teresa
12/16/15
pulled pork Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls for 150
I need to make Pulled pork sliders for 150 people. We are selling 3 sliders per person (150 x 3 = 450 sliders). How much pork butt do I purchase (bone in). I've read on this thread that 1 pound of meat makes 12 sliders but didn't know if this figure is pre-cooked or cooked weight? And, didn't know if this figure accounts for the weight of the bone? How many pounds would I need to purchase with bone-in? Does this weight account for shrinkage? I read somewhere that there can be as much as 40% shrinkage in cooking. This seemed high to me.
ellen
12/17/15
A pound of ready meat makes 10-12 sliders. Because of the sauce, a pound of bone in pork makes about a pound of meat in sauce. If you cook very low and slow, you cut shrinkage to about 20%. If you cook fast, 40% is fairly realistic.
renee
03/16/16
Hi Ellen, I'm a first timer, serving 400 people in an hours time frame, bbq pork, beans, coleslaw, corn muffins, pie, in a rodeo arena (barn dance),
1) how am I going to keep meat hot and not dry out, and at what temp? No kitchen available
2) I'm thinking two lines, with servers on meat, beans, slaw and having self serve on muffins and pie, thoughts?
What else do I need to know?
ellen
03/16/16
Renee, to serve 400 people in an hour, you will have to have 6-8 lines or 3-4 double sided lines, not 2.

Chafing dishes are the obvious keep-warm solution, remember that they take 40 minutes to heat up to safe temp, and that the Sterno only lasts 2 hours, which means you may need tongs and replacement Sternos for the chafers.

The meat will be sliced or pulled and have sauce on it. It will be fully hot when it goes in the chafers.

You can put the muffins in baskets (at least 1 1/2 per person) on the tables and the pie in slices at each place, fastest by far.

With 400 people, please be sure to have at least 2 dozen servings of a vegetarian entree such as Field Roast brand sausages or Boca or Morning Star veggie patties, These can go in a crock pot, labeled. Not everyone eats pork!

Also, make the beans meatless.

I would definitely add potato or pasta salad- see the plan for 100 page for amounts.

I am running a funding campaign to update ellenskitchen.com. If this is a paid gig or I save you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Click on the masthead at the top of the page to go to the donation site. Thanks.

ellen
03/16/16
pulled pork bbq PS
You can write back if you need to.
Sheila
05/03/16
We're having a graduation party for 35-40 people and need help with quantities:
pulled pork - how many pounds cooked?
pulled chicken - how many pounds cooked?
mac & cheese - one pan + 2 quarts ok?
potato salad - how much is needed?
green salad - not sure if I will include this
veggie tray
fruit tray
ellen
05/04/16
Hi, Sheila, I am making a few suggestions here.

pulled pork - how many pounds cooked?
7 pounds makes 35 full sandwiches, or 84 sliders- consider slider buns, people eat 2
pulled chicken - how many pounds cooked? Consider doing chicken legs or thighs, instead, such a nice change and neater to eat. About 3 dozen

If you do only pulled meats, 10 pounds meats, 5 regular buns per pound or 12 slider buns

mac & cheese - one pan + 2 quarts ok? You do 4 pounds dry pasta plus 1 quart sauce per pound plus 1/2 to 1 pound cheese per pound pasta. A standard caterer pan is about 24 servings
potato salad - how much is needed?6 quarts
green salad - not sure if I will include this, do 1/3 the amount for 100 from the plan for 100 list
veggie tray, on the veggie tray page, 1 1/2 times tray for 25, or 1/2 the classic relish tray. If you use raw veggies, about a quart of Ranch dip
fruit tray , about 6 pieces per person, the fruit tray page tells how many pieces from each type fruit

Hope this helps. Now I need to ask for your help in return!
We've got major changes in the works to remodel EllensKitchen.com and in order to fund the new website, better searches and more help for your events, we need to raise nearly $20,000 within the next three months! For years, I've been helping make weddings & other large events a success and I've loved every minute, and now its time for the next phase.
Even if you can only afford $5-$10, every gift helps

We've got major changes in the works to remodel EllensKitchen.com and in order to fund the new website, better searches and more help for your events, we need to raise nearly $20,000 within the next three months! For years, I've been helping make weddings & other large events a success and I've loved every minute, and now its time for the next phase.
Even if you can only afford $5-$10, every gift helps.
Please click the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and help me keep helping you.

Sonja
05/13/16
Hi, I'm planning a party for 40 people. I am having pulled pork ( already purchased pork loin) since I already purchased the loin, and seeing your suggestion of using butt. Do you have a recipe for a good pulled park using the loin? And also, how much cold slaw would I need. Thank you in advance for your help.
ellen
05/14/16
Just make your loin, nice low temp, holding w/internal temp at 160 for several hours so it will shred without drying out..

For sandwiches, I do 1 1/2 gallons per 100; 2 1/2 galoons per 100 if it is also as the salad, Also, per 100, 1 gallon pickle slices and about 8 pounds sliced onions for the sandwiches. Each pound ready to serve uses 6 regular buns or 12+ slider buns

Please click the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and help me keep helping you.

Lori
05/27/16
Hi Ellen, I am having a bridal shower for my niece with 50 guests. We are having hamburgers, hot dogs and 5 different salads, salsa and an assortment of chips,. Pulled chicken and pulled pork. How many lbs of pork and chicken will I need to cook?? This is all women and I always over do so HELP! LOL
ellen
05/28/16
pulled pork bbq shower-50 guests
This is a lot too much meats, Lori. I am going to ask you to write back.

hamburgers,
hot dogs and
Pulled chicken and pulled pork.
Pick only 2. Consider a pulled one and maybe sausage and peppers both of which could be done ahead and leave you free for the party.

5 different salads,
One green salad, done at 1/2 the amount for 100 from the plan for 100 list
4 quarts each of the other 4, you will have some left, everyone will get plenty

salsa and an assortment of chips,
4 pounds chips, 4 pints salsas

Now I need to ask for your help in return!

jim
08/07/16
bbq shredded beef, bbq shredded chicken
I am cooking for 160 people for wedding and serving
bbq beef and bbq chicken sliders
Mac and cheese
cole slaw
baked beans
and corn bread muffins
Also making vegi trays and fruit trays for appitizers.
Could you please help me with how much to make.
Thanks.
ellen
08/09/16
sliders 160 people
bbq beef sliders
bbq chicken sliders
Slider calculation:
12 sliders per 5 for adult meals- get 32 pounds
1 pound ready to serve makes 12 sliders- 380 buns
Given beef and chicken, generally 3/5 take beef and 2/5 take chicken- 21 pounds beef, 11 pounds chicken

Don't forget 1 1/2 gallons pickles, 10-12 pounds sliced onions

Mac and cheese start with 20 pounds dry pasta, 1 quart sauce per pound, 1/2-1 pound cheese per pound
cole slaw 4 gallons
baked beans 5 gallons
corn bread muffins200 small, or 150 larger

Also making vegi trays and fruit trays for appitizers.
The veggie tray page and fruit tray page will guide you through it.

Now I need to ask for your help in return! If this is a paid gig, please send a donation of .10-.25 per guest.
Please click the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and help me keep helping you. Thanks.

Bailey
08/14/16
Bday Party- 125 People
Hi Ellen,
I'm hosting a birthday party for 125 people and am thinking about the following menu and raw quantities:
-Appetizers
-Sausage and Peppers (10 lbs milds, 10 lbs hot)
-BBQ Beef Brisket (22ish lbs)
-rolls for both
-Chicken Salad on Croissants (25 lbs of chicken with the goal of 60 croissants cut in half)
- Tater Tots
-Corn on the Cob (50 ears cut in half)
-Green Salad
-Pasta Salad
-Quinoa Salad
-Cake for dessert

Am I way off with my estimates? How many pounds of tater tots do you think I need? Thank you so much, your site is great!

ellen
08/15/16
birthday party
Bailey, nice menu, it could use some adjusting for amounts. I am assuming it is over a meal time.

-Appetizers???
-Sausage and Peppers (10 lbs mild, 10 lbs hot), OK
-BBQ Beef Brisket (22ish lbs), at least- and thin slice before serving
-rolls for both, about 16 pounds- if you decide to use baguettes, plan on 4 pieces per pound and have 100 pieces
-Chicken Salad on Croissants (25 lbs of chicken with the goal of 60 croissants cut in half)-
1 pound whole chicken makes 1 cup; 1 pound boneless makes 2 cups. You will use 1 gallon- 16 cups of meat and 1 gallon of dressing and add ins (celery, parsley, dressing, etc)
Try to find the mini croissants, 2 for 1; it looks much better.
- Tater Tots, 1 pound per 4
-Corn on the Cob (50 ears cut in half) have at least 1/2 ear per person
-Green Salad, use plan for 100 page, do 1 1/4 the amount for 100
-Pasta Salad- 10 pounds dry pasta
-Quinoa Salad- 3 gallons
-Cake for dessert, 2 full sheets

Now I need to ask for your help in return!
Please click the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and help me keep helping you. Thanks.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)