Resources and Reviews
Cookbooks, reviews, cyberkitchen and more.
|"KING CAKES IN TEXAS:
I found a very intriguing king cake recipe on Ellen's Kitchen, which seems to be a personal site done (rather well) by someone in Texas somewhere."
The New Orleans Menu Daily:Thursday, January 17, 2002
by Tom Fitzmorris, for InsideNewOrleans.com
- Links new favorites October 2002
- This month's favorite links and archived links. Send Ellen your favorite links.
Traditional matzoh ball recipes
Pictures, buying and service info on every vegetable in the world, or almost, anyway, at Culinary Skills.
- Hotfoot it on over to our friends at "Now You're Cooking" recipe software and take a look at the newest version of the NYC software.
Now You're Cooking software
- Where Ellen Gets
If you order from these links, please tell them Ellen's Kitchen sent you!
- Food substitutions and equivalents, with great pictures, at Lori Alden's Cook's Thesaurus.
- Herbs, Spices and Homeopathics
- Lhasa Karnak Herb Company is the place I have been buying my herbs and homeopathics since it opened in 1970. Order here for the most consistent and highest quality wildcrafted, certified organic herbs and other top quality items.
- "Healthy and Wise" and "Blood Orange" are two secret blends from Far Leaves Tea Company.
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride: A best buy: 1000 750 mg. capsules of USP grade glucosamine from Pfanstiehl Laboratories (over a year's supply) for approximately $95 at Nutrasense. Split this with a few friends and you will all be satisfied.
- Chinese Teas- My friend Scott Wilson at Yunnan Sourcing supplies all my favorite teas direct from China at the best prices. Organic jasmine pearl, handcrafted blossom teas, rose puerh, so many other delightful choices!
Ten Ren Tea and Ginseng Company ships fresh, high quality tea all over the country. Their Dragon-Phoenix Pearl Jasmine Tea and Yunnan Black teas are lovely.