Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
leg of lamb in a 18 qt roaster oven
Shelley Turner
12/19/08
I need a recipe for leg of lamb done in a 18 qt Nesco roaster--all the guide says is 25-30 min per pound at 350 degrees --I have a wonderful oven recipe--herbed crusted--can I adapt that? How?
ellen
12/20/08
The problem with adapting an herb crusted recipe, is that the roaster cooks moist, a little faster and hotter than a regular oven, and things dont get crusty! I would use a 325 oven, and no more than 25 minutes per pound, plus 30 minutes standing time- I dislike overcooked lamb- put a rack in the bottom after spraying the cookwell thoroughly with non-stick- preheat for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the regular oven to 500, put the crusted roast in for 20-25 minutes, transfer to the preheated roaster, and knock about 20 minutes off the total cooking time.
Shelley
12/20/08
do you have a good recipe for leg of lamb in the roaster--I don't HAVE to use my own--
ellen
12/20/08
No, sorry. I don't do leg of lamb or roast beef in the roaster, I prefer the drier/crustier roast effect of the regular oven. Your recipe would be fine- if you do it in the roaster and don't do that hot flash at the beginning, you can still get all the flavor of the crust, it just won't be crispy.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design