See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

schulte-ufer ecoline cookware
netya
09/24/10
I have purchased and used this cookware
I few months later discoloration and hot spots appeared. I am disappointed with this brand.
learned that after I spend all the money ;"Stainless steel is an excellent choice for cookware BUT because of its inability to conduct heat well it is important that you choose stainless steel cookware that has an aluminum or copper core. Without it you will find that you will get hot spots on the cooking surface and foods will cook unevenly. "
ellen
09/25/10
It also does best if you keep at medium high heat or lower.
Eileen
05/28/12
For those who asked about using Schulte-Ufer cookware in the oven or dishwasher:
I bought 3 of the premium quality stainless steel 18/10 saucepans at T.J. Maxx. Inside one of the pans was a small folded copy of the care and use instructions. The instructions indicate that the pans can be used in an oven up to 420730;F without the lid and up to 350730;F with the lid. Cleaning lids by hand is recommended, as repeated washing in a dishwasher can lead to a cloudy appearance.
Eileen
05/28/12
The degree symbol converted to numbers when I posted above. The max temps are 420 degrees Fahrenheit without the lid and 350 degrees Fahrenheit with the lid.
ellen
05/28/12
Thanks Eileen
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)