See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Punch
Jill
castillojill@hotmail.com
05/01/05
I need punch to go in a champagne fountain.
I will be serving 350 people. They don't want champagne.
Thank You
ellen

05/02/05
Please clarify, do they want an alcoholic based punch or not? What is the event? What color? What flavoe base?
Jill

05/02/05
Non-Alcoholic. Wedding. Red. Flavor doesn't really matter. Just want it to be good.
Thanks
ellen

05/04/05
Hmm, try to encourage a different color, red is so hard on Sunday clothes, rugs and tablecloths and it always gets spilled.

I like a non-alcoholic punch made from 1 46 ounce can apricot nectar, 1 46 ounce can pineapple juice, and 2 liters of gingerale with 1 tablespoon of almond extract added. Light, pretty and tasty. Remind the family to provide a sugarfree alternative for diabetics and other carb watchers.

For a red punch, I would use cran-raspberry or cranicot for part of the juice.

You can use ginger tea as a substitute for the ginger ale:
8 inches fresh ginger knobs/roots, thinly sliced
7 cups water
1 1/2 cup sugar
Bring the ginger and water to boil in a medium saucepan, boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat, cover and steep for at least 2 hours at room temperature. Strain before use. Better when tea can be made up to a day ahead and refrigerated at least 8 hours.

Simple tea punch
* 3 quarts water
* 8 tea bags (I would use green tea)
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
* 1 quart chilled ginger ale

PREPARATION:
Bring water to a boil. Steep tea in water for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags and combine with lemonade concentrate. Chill. Gently stir in ginger ale just before serving. Makes 12 to 16 servings

All these punches are rather sweet to serve over ice. You need to experiment with the sweetness if the punch is not diluted.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/213/0.shtml
Here is a url for many additional punch recipes.

Cindy

10/06/05
I need to know how many ounces of punch it takes to serve 300 people
ellen

10/06/05
Please check the beverage quantity page:
bigpots/plan/bevmisc100.html

It will be around 18 gallons plus ice.

sharon
wilktitus@aol.com
11/09/05
ale
Can u rec. a sub. for Ale not beer. I have a great recipe but we do not partake and I can only find subs for beer.

Thanks

ellen

11/09/05
Hmm. Salty, but light and a bit sweet. If you don't want to use the non-alcoholic beers like O'Doul's or Sharps, which are pretty light already, (I would consider trying the beer substitutes), depending on the recipe, you could probably go with a dry premium ginger ale such as Cock and Bull with a tablespoon or so of soy sauce. Or possibly Mountain Dew if it was a bread or sweet recipe.
Collette
02/05/06
I looking for a punch that services 300 people
for my dauthers wedding it haves to be non
alcholic, no pulp, or fiz,or ice cream,
it will be going in a
champaine fountain and this stuff will damage
the fountain there will be a meal served and chicken will be the main course her color of
the wedding is peach and lavender if that helps
with color or flavor any.DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?
ellen
02/06/06
It sounds like a tea based punch, perhaps with apricot nectar would be a good choice. Perhaps green tea based. The links mentioned above have some tea-based punches.
Cathy Harrison
03/01/06
Do you have a good punch recipe for a brunch for 100 to 150.
Thank you so very much
Cathy Harrison
ellen
03/01/06
It can depend on the menu and the crowd. If it is a festive occasion, a champagne punch is great. Champagne, peach schnapps, apricot nectar and fresh orange juice, a cup of brandy for richness, good gingerale if you need to lighten it.

You can use all gingerale instead of champagne, peach schnapps and brandy, but then I would add mango juice and pineapple juice to the fruit base.

A pitcher of tomato juice base cocktail is a nice alternative for diabetics or anyone else watching carbs.

Sarah
04/30/06
Diabetic Punch
I am looking for a good sugar free punch recipe for a small wedding, must be non-alcoholic, Can u help? Please. Thanks
ellen
05/01/06
Splenda or splenda based sort drinks are my recommendation doe a sweetener. You could use any of the tea-base punches above, the light orange juice now available and the splenda sweetened 7 up, for example.
Nikki
05/22/06
My sister is getting married and we are looking for a non-alcoholic punch that is peach colored that can serve around 200 people. But one of the bridesmaids is allergic to pineapple so something that does not have pineapple in it. Can you help? Thanks.
Nikki
05/22/06
P.S. The punch needs to go into a fountain. Thanks.
ellen
05/23/06
That means no pulp or fizz. I would consider the tea punch recipe above (about half way up) using the ginger tea instead of ginger ale. I would go with apricot nectar, guava nectar and mango nectar for the fruit base; tropical flavor for summer and a beatiful peachy color.

Always best to make some experimantal batches and "tweak" it till she loves it.

susan
06/05/06
My daughter is graduating from 8th grade next week and I am in charge of a non alcoholic punch for around 300 people. It has to be easy to make because it will be held in the church rectory. Any help would be great, I don't care what color!
ellen
06/06/06
Be sure that all the ingredients are cold before you start mixing, use block ic instead of little cubes and check the recipes above and at cdkitchen.com. Also look at the punch page at this site:

www.greatpartyrecipes.com

The classic punch recipe is 1 part sour, 2 parts sweet (simple syrup), 3 parts strong (alcohol or fruit flavors) and 4 parts weak (tea, soda, etc).

Cindy
06/26/06
Punch Champagne
I need a basic champagne punch recipe for use in a fountain. I do want it to be alcoholic.
HELP!
ellen
06/27/06
I refer people to the champagne and punch info here:
www.greatpartyrecipes.com/champagnepunchrecipes.html

You would like the mimosa punch recipe.

Tina
06/30/06
My son is getting married on 7-14-06. They've asked me to supply the punch for approximately 150 people (non-alcoholic). I was considering a simple 1 (2 Liter) bottle of cranberry ginger ale with 1 (2 quart) bottle of white grape juice because they said they want it to be a pink color and I figured this would be simple for the servers to assemble. It will be served from a fountain (I assume that is the same as a champagne fountain). Can you use ginger ale or will it foam over? Is that what is meant above as "fizz"? We are having a Mexican dinner and will also have bottled water available for the guest. My son said they really want a fruit punch of some sort not tea. How many bottles of each should I plan on? Suggestions?
ellen
06/30/06
Punch Fountain Basics
Most rental champagne fountains have a capacity of about 5 gallons and require a minimum of 5 quarts to operate. Beverage must be clear and without pulp, seeds, fruit, etc. Ice cream or foamy punches should not be used.

Operation
WARNING: A full punch fountain weighs nearly 100, THAT'S ONE HUNDRED, pounds. Avoid disaster. Use a very sturdy table. Tape (duct tape) the electric cord to the floor or carpet.
*If using a rental fountain, pretest with the desired punch recipe, or have a backup serving plan.
* The fountain requires a 115 volt/15 amp 3-pronged outlet. Use a separate outlet and a heavy duty extension cord or power bar, NOT a reglar household extension cord. Tape down the cord!!!
* Position the beverage table apart from, but in sight of the food serving table.
* After filling with beverage, turn unit on. If beverage does not circulate within one minute, turn switch off, wait 10 seconds, then repeat. Do not run fountain or pump dry, you can burn out the motor.
* 2 The fountain warms the punch. Pre-cool beverage thoroughly, if possible to 36 degrees, before adding to fountain. Use chunks of frozen punch, ice (will dilute the punch), or cubes in a plastic bag, in the bowl
* Add smaller quantities of beverage to the fountain from time to time to maintain carbonation. The punch in the fountain goes flat after 10 to 20 minutes of recirculation.
*When cleaning up, DO NOT immerse the base of the fountain in water. It contains an electric motor.

ellen
06/30/06
When I said fizz, I should have said, foam, Of course you can use carbonated beverages, but No pulp and no mixes such as ice cream and soda that make a foam. Clear and sparkling, that's the ticket.

I would experiment a little with your punch recipe, it will be VERY sweet. Add some lemon juice or lime juice (strained), at least. You could add some guava punch or other tropical fruit punch for interest and still stay in the pink range. You can also use straight cranberry juice or maraschino cherry juice or maraschino or grenadine syrup (available with the mixers and other bar supplies) to enhance the red color and flavor.

Here is a sample beverage list for a 200 person reception:
Punch: 7 gallons of the base mix, chilled overnight, 16 liters of chilled ginger ale. Factoring what amounts of beverage you need can be difficult because it is affected by the temperature, the season, what other foods are being served.

Coffee : 2 pounds
Tea ( 50 tea bags)
Cream (2 qts.)
Sugar cubes (2 lbs.)

Shopping list: Sugar cubes - 2 pounds
Tea Bags - 50
Coffee - 2 pounds
Cream - 2 quarts
For an apricot punch:
Apricot nectar - 4 46 ounce cans,184 ounces.
Pineapple juice - 4 46 opunce cans, 184 ounces
Limeade, frozen, pulp free or strained - 6 12 ounce cans, 72 ounces
Ginger ale - 16 liters
Orange juice, pulp free - 1/2 gallon

Susan
07/02/06
I am helping plan a wedding reception for my nephew. I would like to have a punch recipe that would fit in with the wedding colors. HELP....the colors are cream. navy blue & gold!
Susan
07/02/06
Oops....I forgot...it needs to be non-alcoholic.
ellen
07/03/06
You absolutely do NOT want blue punch. I suggest gold- use ginger ale, pineapple juice, apricot juice. If in bowls, you could make ice rings from the punch and blueberries, or use pineapple sherbert or vanilla ice cream for chilling.
Susan
07/05/06
Thanks...that sounds yummy!
Sheila
07/25/06
I am looking for a champagne punch that would work good in a fountain for my upcoming wedding.
Thanks!
gordo
07/26/06
If you looked at the other questions in this thread you would see that Ellen has already answered this question--6/06
kim
07/27/06
I need to know a cheap but tasty pink punch recipe for about 125 or so people
Lori
08/02/06
I am looking for a pineapple juice free punch recipe. Any ideas?
Lori
08/02/06
Sorry, it is for my wedding. I want a pink punch and it needs to serve 250+ people. And I messed up and got the 16oz cups instead of the 8oz, so I will need lots of punch.. please help!
ellen
08/03/06
Lori and KIM, look at the punch websites I point out further up the thread, they have plenty of recipes for you to try. Lori, look into exchanging those cups- the usual punch cup is 5-6 ounces, 1/3 that size.
BRITTANY
08/09/06
please help!!!! i am concidering buying one of those punch pountains off of ebay. it is plastic......what do u think the outcome will be i am serving punch to 150 guest. i was gona rent one but i cant find one that you can use colored punch...
ellen
08/09/06
Basically, these are champagne fountains, so the punch needs to be like champagne. Please see the directions further up this thread- it is everything I can think of about punch fountains. You can rent a heavy-duty chrome fountain for around $40 a day. Why buy?
amy
08/15/06
can you put hawaiin punch with ginger ale in a fountain? To plan for 250 guests...how much of each should i purchase? IS it about 12 gallons of hawaiin punch and 16 liters of ginger ale or am I totally confused?
ellen
08/15/06
A good punch needs some sour- you can use Hawaiian punch and ginger ale, but it will be overpoweringly sweet- read this whole punch thread and check out the punch recipes at the recommended sites. You can make really delicious punches by blending thecurrently available fruit juices and sodas. Do note that you need to add some sour to this mix, and add fresh sparkling soda about every 15 minutes as it goes flat in the fountain.
Bridget
08/21/06
I need a tropical punch for about 60 people. It is for a Luau wedding shower at my work, it needs to be pretty simple but tasty, not to sweet
ellen
08/21/06
Locally, we can get guava mango and guava passionfruit blends with 100% juice. Apricot nectar is very complimentary to thee flavors. Add ginger ale and if available, some grated fresh ginger: For each 3 quarts of juice, use 4 liters of gingerale. If it tastes too sweet to you, add some lemon or lime juice.
Be sure everything is really cold before you mix it.
If you want to fancy it up, make your ice ring/ ice cubes from the juice and freeze some fruit in it. Also, you can use a container of lemon, orange or raspberry sherbet to float in the bowl.
Jeremy
08/30/06
Hello,

I am looking for a few idea's for a pink party punch for around 80-100 people that does not have any carbonation. :)

Jeremy
08/30/06
This is for a wedding by the way. hehe.
Jeremy
08/30/06
heh, also to be even more difficult. I do not like tea, so preferably a recipe that does not use tea or carbonation. :)
ellen
08/30/06
Hi, Jeremy,
A juice base punch sounds like the solution. The two web sites above have plenty of non-tea, non-soda pink punches.
Jeremy
08/30/06
Hi Ellen,

Do you happen to know the name of a couple? The only two with pink in the name have soda in them. :(

ashley
09/11/06
I am using a fountain for my upcoming wedding as well and I am looking for a clear punch that is very simple with no tea or mango any suggestions?
ellen
09/12/06
It sounds like a gingerale or seven-up based punch is right for you. Some jusices- cranberry, apple, for example- are clear. Is this what you have in mind?
Rebekah
10/10/06
I tried a small batch of the apricot nectar/pineapple/almond extract punch you mentioned on 5/04/05 and loved it. Any suggestions on where to buy apricot nectar in bulk? I'm doing a reception for 500 and this will go in a fountain. Thanks!
ellen
10/13/06
You can buy apricot nectar in the 46 ounce (big juice can) size by the case. Your local grocer may be willing to special order for you, or you can get at most restaurant supply houses.
Dee
11/01/06
I need a recipe for a peach colored punch for a wedding that is this sunday Nov.6th for 150 people.
Thank You
ellen
11/02/06
My favorite in thos color range is 1 46 ounce can apricot nectart, 1 same size pineapple juice,1 teaspoon almond extract, 2 liters ginger ale. This makes just over a gallon. You need 6 times foe 100 people. Make sure ecerything is very cold.
Daisy
12/05/06
I REALLY need a GREAT Champagne punch for an upcoming home shopping festiva!
Normally, I do wine....but wanted a twist this time.

What is a great recipe for a fountain. I purchased one and am excited about using it. Can you make decent Mimosa's in there (using pulp free juice)...or should I skip that thought altogether and go for something else?

This crew are drinkers...as an FYI-
Thanks!!

ellen
12/05/06
Pulp free mimosas are a definite yes for these fountains- if you are using an inexpensive champagne, consider adding a half can of apricot nectar and a teaspoon of almond extract to eac gallon for that "mm, what'd the tasty difference?" sensation.
maricela lopez
12/13/06
need to know how many gallons of punch for 500 people. thank you
ellen
12/13/06
10 gallons per 100 people will be enough for a 3 hour event.
Janice Hutchins
01/12/07
We need a punch for about 200 people.I'm running out of ideas,it's needs to be non carbonateed and fruit free,her colors are white,black and silver.Help me please!
ellen
01/12/07
Is alcohol included? A white wine punch, or there are a lot of good rum based punches, you could use silver rum' or green tea based. In winter you could try a ginger green tea base.
Janice Hutchins
01/12/07
Ellen,no alcohol please.
Heather
01/13/07
I need a punch that is tasty and non alcoholic for a boy baby shower that will be safe in a punch fountain that we own. I really would like the punch to have a blue color to it. Any suggestions?
ellen
01/14/07
Janice, non-carbonated PLUS fruit free, PLUS alcohol free for black and silver? The only thing that comes to mind is my frappacino coffee punch. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page:

www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/cocoa.html

Heather, try one of the blue raspberry fruit drinks as a base, use ginger ale as the carbonated element and experiment with some extracts- vanilla, almond, etc, for the flavor note.

Joan
01/17/07
Hi, I was looking for a sparkling punch fountain recipe for approx. 200 people. I wondered if using pink lemonade with ginger ale would be ok. Since no pulp should be used in the fountain what would you recommend.
Thanks for your suggestions.
ellen
01/17/07
Don't use a frozen lemonade- many have pulp. You could make a pink lemonade base using a raspberry-based or cherry0based juice, Minute Maid plain frozen lemon juice, which is pulp free, and simple syrup. You will want about 20 gallons punch, so experiment before you mix the final batch.
rosie
01/27/07
I got a fountain for Christmas and want to use it for the first time at our BIG super bowl party for the ladies. (Guys want beer.) What is a good receipe? They all want a good drink. I just don't want something too sweet or flat! At a wedding we had flat, sweet champagine, it was the worst!
Thanks for helping!!!
rosie
01/27/07
Can I use Margaritas in a fountain? It has a 3 gallon capacity and says it can work for 4 hours continuously.
ellen
01/27/07
You can use a margarita style punch, but you MUST be sure that your fruit juices/bases are pulp free- some frozen limeades and lemonades are pulp free and some are not. Also, for a festive occasion I would invest in orange liqueur (Cointreau for example) as one of the ingredients; it makes the difference beween daquiris and maragritas.

A rum-based planters punch is another idea.

josephine adams
02/23/07
Help I need a recipe for a green punch to bew used in a beverage fountain
Renee DeStefano
02/26/07
We need a punch recipe for 100 teenagers for our daughters 18th birthday party. We will be using a punch fountain. We were told that carbonated beverages lose their carbonation in a fountain.
ellen
02/28/07
Josephine check out the links in the questions above.
Renee, you can use carbonated- you just have to add the soda fresh to the punch base about ecvery 15 minutes.
robin griffith
03/05/07
Looking for lavender colored punch . The appricot , pinapple , Almond extract , Ginger ale recipe sounds good but is their any way to make it lavender colored or do you have another recipe , If not where can you get appricot nectar in bulk ? Thanks, Robin
ellen
03/07/07
Experiment. Try to get a pink base and add a few drops of blue food color, Maybe use guava instead of pineapple...
tracy
03/31/07
I am going to have 2 punch fountains at our wedding reception. We are having the reception at the church. Our wedding colors are lilac and yellow. Any ideas of punch recipes we can use?
ellen
04/01/07
Hi, yellow suggests lemonade, but it must be pulp free. To compliment the lilac, consider apricot or soft pink- or what about mimosas with pulp free orange juice.
Lisa
04/01/07
I am having a Luau, I have a punch fountain and would love to have tropical look to it. Any ideas? Non-alcoholic. It is a small gathering aprox. 40 people. Can you freeze rings to go in these fountains, or will that create problems? It is not a commerical fountain.
tracy
04/01/07
How would you go about making the mimosas punch with pulp free orange juice? I will use the lemonade for my yellow color. Thanks!
Sandi
04/02/07
Pink Punch in punch fountain
We need a non-alcoholic light pink punch that will be used in a punch fountain. I would like to use pink lemonade if possible. ( Any "pulp" in that? ) Any suggestions for a recipe that doesn't contain carbonated soft drinks; so I don't have to add the carbonated drink every 15 minutes? It's for my daughter's wedding and I don't want to miss other things because I have to baby sit the punch fountain! And asking someone else to watch it the entire evening is out of the question, too. Thanks.
Sandi
04/03/07
Sorry, I need to add that I can, of course, strain the pulp from any of the concentrates that might need to be added, like the pink lemonade if I had to. I just wondered if there were some other actual recipe that I might use that didn't use carbonated drinks? And could you supply that recipe. As long as I know how many people it serves, I can adjust accordingly. We expect around 200-250 guests. Thanks so much.
ellen
04/03/07
Lisa, a passion fruit or guava juice based punch , maybe with some pineapple juice added, even some coconut milk, would be deliciously tropical and a lovely color.

Tracy, just get a pulp-free orange juice from the refrigerator or freezer case.

Sandi, there are LOTS of punches that do not have soda, some are even tea or green tea based.

Ladies, this is the link I recommend for punch recipes:

www.greatpartyrecipes.com/champagnepunchrecipes.html

jane
04/09/07
Mimosas and Bloody Marys
I'm giving a breakfast for 60 folks the morning after the wedding. I've got the food taken care of. I'll be offering Mimosas and Bloody Marys. How much OJ, Champagne, Vodka, and Bloody Mary mix should I buy?
ellen
04/10/07
Allow 2 for the first hour and 1 each addditional hour- about 60% mimosa- do have your coffee and tea as well, and consider whipped cream and an Irish cream liquor as another choice-
pam
04/25/07
My husband's school Santiam Christian School has a auction every year and we have a booth with drinks. We serve around two to three hundred drinks. We will be having two booths this year. The theme is Curisen with Santiam. Our gym will be decorated like a cruise ship. The want us to do a punch with canberry juice and 7 up with a orange slice on the side of cup with umbrella and a cherry. What can I use to make it taste good that is cheap!. This will be for 500 people. I will be deviding the punch between the two booths.
Thanks
Pam
ellen
04/25/07
use 1/2 7 up, 1/3 cranberry, and the rest frozen limeade made up according to the package directions.
Judy
05/01/07
I once had a wonderful punch recipe. I remember it having steeped tea, and ginger ale. also, cranberry juice. I have not been able to find it anywhere. Can you help me.
ellen
05/02/07
Hi, Judy. up at the top of this thread there is a steeped tea punch that you might experimant with, see if you can come close to your old favorite. I would use black tea unless I were using white cranberry juice and green tea for a pale color effect.
rina
05/02/07
apple juice with seven up was the best mix we found to serve last week to 300 people. they all loved it and wanted more.... we had two fountains, one filled with apple and 7up and the other one with plain water. totally success... those who did not want sugar, and were thirsty just went to drink water, and were happy too. when the apple juice was gone, we then added the juice from the canned peaches we served in another table, the chocolate fountains. so we added more seven up to it and had the best peach drink there ever was.
charlotte
05/08/07
I am in charge of my bosses going away reception and have been looking at punch recipes. I have plenty of orange, apple, pineapple, grapefruit and cranberry juice. Is there a simple punch recipe that I can use the ingred. I have in stock. I can pick up ginger ale or whatever I need to go with these items. Just wanted to save some money, but want a great punch for about 150 people. Midday reception and just serving cake. Non alcoholic
ellen
05/09/07
With this selection I would probably go vaguely tropical with the orange, pineapple and moderate grapefruit for sour, picking up the ginger ale and some frozen limeade concentrate.

For 150, you will likely have enough with:
Pineapple juice - 4 46 ounce cans, 184 ounces
Limeade, frozen - 6 12 ounce cans, 72 ounces
Ginger ale - 16 liters
Orange juice - 1 gallon
I would float it over rainbow sherbet if I liked the boss.

sherry
05/14/07
I need a punch for a Graduation party Non-alcoholic,,colors are blue and gold,, for 75-100
ellen
05/14/07
see the recipe on 7/2/06 and the discussion about blue punch on 7/3 above. You need about 6-7 gallons for a 2 hour function, 10 gallons for a 3 hour function for 100 people.
Bonnie
05/27/07
It has been suggested I use 2 liter bottles of lemonade and italian soda syrup for a punch in a fountain. Has anyone tried this ?
ellen
05/28/07
IT MUST be pulp free. You also need to add carbonated beverages every 15 minutes- it goes flat.
Bonnie
06/04/07
Just wanted to share my " punch success " . We used 2 liter bottles of chilled Minit Maid Lemonade ( no carbonation OR pulp ) with a few shots of ( Torani ) Raspberry Italian soda syrup. It was absolutely delicious ! AND easy !
Jill
06/18/07
do you know of any punch for a wedding that could be used in a fountian that is purple (any shade )
ellen
06/18/07
Just make any of the juice plus soda punches using purple grape juice for part of the juice, and you will get purple. But as I have said before, try to encourage a different color, purple is so hard on Sunday clothes, rugs and tablecloths and it always gets spilled.
Connie
07/01/07
I need a punch recipe that is pink for a fountain.
ellen
07/02/07
Connie, there are several recipes in this thread that would do, but the one Bonnie made, 6/4/07, would be lovely in the fountain.
Ariel
07/04/07
I will be getting married on July 21st. We purchased a fountain today but now we can't decide what to put in it. It needs to be non-alcoholic. We are expecting aprox 150 people. The colors are magenta, royal purpal, and yellow. We would like something that is non-carbonated, fruit based. Also can you float fruit slices in a fountain or will it cause a problem? Thanks in advance!
ellen
07/04/07
Absolutely NO pieces of ANYTHING in a punch fountain. Plan a golden punch- kinder in case of spills. See the very first recipe on this page (5/4/05). You have to chill everything well before putting in the fountain. You have to add the soda every 15 minutes or so to keep it fizzy. Read through this thread and you will get more ideas.
ellen
07/04/07
You can use ginger tea or green tea instead of ginger ale for a tasty non-carbonated punch.
Becky
07/23/07
I need a non alcoholic blue punch for a wedding reception of about 200 people. The color is NOrth Carolina blue. Any suggestions.
ellen
07/24/07
I have commented further up the thread about blue punches- but if you must, the only way I know of to get a true blue color is with blue koolaid in your base, blue food coloring, or one of the blue raspberry punches. Use a lemon-lime/clear soda for your soda, white grape juice and/or white cranberry juice for your juice base, proportions as in any of the punches described above. Always best to make some experimantal batches and "tweak" it till you love it.
This will permanently stain anything it sits on-
Erica
07/27/07
I am looking for a pale pink punch for my wedding reception. All the ones we have tried turn out dark pink and we would like pale. It is for about 150 people, non-alcoholic, and something that would work in a fountain. Thanks so much!
ellen
07/27/07
Try using guava juice/nectar as the base- lovely pale pinkish color. Also look at passion fruit.
Renee
07/27/07
A friend told me about a punch that's cheap to make but I think I can do I cheaper but worried about the end results. It's 1gallon of bottled or fountain pink lemonade to 1 quart pineapple juice and ginger ale or sprite or 7up.

I was going to use sugar free pink lemonade from (Wal-Mart brand) in the canisters with 6 tubs in it
which makes 3gallons per canister(and cost only$1.76) and pineapple juice and a lemon-lime soda from (Aldi's which is only 55 cents for 2liter).Do you think these cheaper items will effect my punch?
And I was going to freeze 2 rings with the pink lemonade,cherries,pineapple chunks and grapes.
ANY ADVISE WOULD GREATLY HELP. WEDDING IS IN 8 DAYS.

ellen
07/27/07
DO NOT use the powdered lemonade mix! Use a frozen concentrate or a bottled lemonade made from real lemons. The lemon lime soda is fine. The ice rings will be lovely. Freeze partially full, then place the fruits, then fill the rest of the way.

Be sure the ingredients are all chilled before you mix, the ice rings alone will not chill the punch.

Janice
08/10/07
Punch-ingrediants needed - non alcholic punch for
Simple but tasty - having SInging Angels and will be serving punch and cookies for at least 300 people
ellen
08/10/07
Janice, there are a half dozen punch recipes and also links already posted in this thread- just read through and pick one. You want 8-10 gallons per 100 for the frist two hours, Be sure everything is very cold before mixing, otherwise it will never cool down as you would like it-
linda
08/21/07
I need a punch receipe for a champange fountain that want foam.I'm serving 150 people.I tried before and had a foam mess. the colors are black,ivory,pink.mauvea&purple.
ellen
08/22/07
Linda, if you don't use soda or any dairy, you are less likely to foam. You don't say what you used before? Go for a pale pink with guava and passionfruit- write back what did not work last time.
Alison Brown
08/28/07
minute maid pink lemonade
I would like to know do you sell pink lemonade in bottles or cans i prefer bottles and is it minute maide.

from Alison

ellen
08/29/07
Allison, I don't sell these. You can special order them at no extra xharge at your local grocery store- they will order you cases of 24 bottles.
Ashley
09/10/07
I am wanting to do a punch fountain for a party. Can you put sherbert in a punch fountain?
ellen
09/11/07
No, no, no. Foaming is very bad and that is what sherbet causes in a punch; and some flavors such as pineapple and some limes and orange flavors even have chunks.
linda
09/16/07
The punch i made before was mixed with orange juice, pineapple juice and 7-up.what is guava ?and what kind of passionfruit? and where can i find it. and what else do i need to mix with it? thank you for all your help.
ellen
09/16/07
Guava is a sort of tropicel-peach flavor, passionfruit a bit more tangy, and they are widely available in both the refrigerated and bottled juice sections at large groceries.
BARB REWEY
09/26/07
Ellen, can you use a punch fountain, for Bloody Mary's? And if so, got a recipe?
Am planning on a brunch for our 40th Anniversary & thought Bloody Mary's would be nice.
Any other ideas for this brunch welcome too.
Thanks!
ellen
09/26/07
Of course the obvious choice for that fountain for an anniversary brunch is mimosas, with champagne replenished evry 15-20 minutes and pulp-free orange juice. I would probably put the bloody mary's into pitchers, tomato juice can be pulpy), not to mention the cascading red, erh, bloody appearance and the spill and spatter issue with fountains...
ellen
09/26/07
Look at the do it yourself brunch thread from August for some great recipe ideas.
SHERRY
10/06/07
I AM LOOKING FOR A NICE RECIPE FOR A "GIRL" BABY SHOWER PUNCH. WE HAVE A ELECTRIC LITE UP FOUNTAIN AND THE RECIPE THAT I HAVE WON'T WORK BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE FROZEN BEFORE WE USE IT. AND WE CAN'T USE A FROZEN PUNCH RECIPE WITH THE FOUNTAIN. I DON'T GUESS WE CAN ANYWAY!! I HAVE NEVER USED AN ELECTRIC FOUNTAIN BEFORE! THAT IS WHAT MY DAUGHTER WANTS THOUGH AND SHE IS THE ONE THE PARTY IS FOR!!! LOL!!! SO, DO YOU HAVE ANY STRAWBERRY FLAVOR RECIPES OR ANY THAT ARE DELICIOUS AND THE COLOR WOULD BE CLOSE TO PINK AS POSSIBLE? IT DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE PINK BUT THAT IS WANT I WOULD LIKE FOR IT TO BE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND I AM HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.. THE SHOWER IS OCT.20th.
sherry
ellen
10/07/07
There are LOTS of pink juices now, you just need one for a base. A caterer friend took my suugestion to you a pulpless frozen lemonade, add Torani rasperry syrop (easy to get at World market, other fancy grocery places) and got a delicious pink fountain punch.

Read the ino on fountains on the chocolate fountain page.

Audrey
10/09/07
Hi...I am looking to make an alcoholic punch for a Halloween party which I don't think has been mentioned anywhere above. Anyone know of a good recipe that would work that has a good Halloweenish color (dark red, green, etc.)?
ellen
10/10/07
How about a mulled red wine or gluggwein steaming in a crock pot? If this is an idea you like, write back and I will post a rcipe?
cindy
10/14/07
I have read all posts and am really feeling confused now. Could it be because the wedding is in 6 days??? I had planned to do straight Asti Spumanti in the champagne fountain and a white/clear punch for the kids. Am I correct in understanding the Asti will go flat in 15-20 minutes? Yikes! What do I do to avoid this?
ellen
10/14/07
Yes, it loses its sparkle in under 20 minutes, you need to keep adding to it at least every 15 minutes. You can slow the flattening a bit by making sure it is really cold. But the main hing is, at first you keep adding because everyone is drinking, then they get cheerful and don't notice as it flattens out...
Put someone besides yourself in charge of this, and have a lovely day.
Krisha
10/16/07
I am looking for a Non-alcoholic punch for a halloween party. Any ideas on a lighter orange punch? thanks!
ellen
10/17/07
Any of the tropical punches (apricot, guava, etc) with 1 package of orange koolaid added for color will give you a tasy orange punch.
lorraine
10/19/07
i am looking for a clear/golden punch to use in a fountain for my parents 50th wedding annivesary celebration....i really don't want to use pineapple juice....i was thinking about apple juice....something fallish...can you help me please...i am stumped.
ellen
10/19/07
There are a variety of interesting gold and white juices available now- white cranberry, white grape, pear blends, to name a few. Ginger ale, champagne or asti spumante for the sparkle, or possibly sparkling cider, but you have to work hard to overcome the sweetness of the apple juice. So get a few bottles and experiment.
Debbie
11/02/07
My son is getting married in a small wedding here at home in the early evening December 31st. They are wanting a "White Winter Punch". My idea was to use a 7-up, with a white grape & vanilla ice cream...but this sounds sweet & heavy. Serving 30-40 people. Non-alch. Ideas for a white punch?

Thanks!

ellen
11/02/07
Try the white cranberry, it is not as sweet as the apple or grape. Of course lemon juice can be used to cut the sweetness further. Then you might consider using part straight sparkling water instead of all soda.

An almond/orgeat syrup with sparkling water would make a more unusual punch, and you could whiten with milk or half and half instead of ice cream- you have some time to experiment, so try some different things and enjoy.

Marnie
11/18/07
non-caronated punch
I am looking for two punch recipes. 1 with alcohol for a December birthday party (about 20 people), and one without alcohol for the same event.

I am also looking for ideas for non-carbonated punches. I have seen alot of recipes that call for 7-up or Ginger Ale. Any ideas on alternates

ellen
11/18/07
My Dad made French 75's (brandy and champagne) for my mother's birthday...

Or what about, for December, spiced hot wine punch and mulled cider?

Anyway, there are non carboneted punches, alcoholic punches and links to dozens of both up this thread- if you don't see womething you like, write back.

Lorinda
11/20/07
I am making punch for a wedding in a couple of days. We are using a punch fountain. I have heard that you can not use ginger ale in punch recipes that you are putting in a fountain, as it will make it fizz and bubble too much. Is this true? Can you just cut down the amount of ginger ale and add more juice or water?
ellen
11/20/07
Mainly the fruits and dairy items and pulps make the foams, champagne or soda are ok, they just go flat fast- read the rest of this thread for more tips.
suzanne
11/26/07
Punch WITH Alcohol
Hello, I have my own party champagne fountain, and have used it for margaritas and champagne but I am looking for a recipe for a punch that can serve roughly 200 people and it must have alcohol. There is no colour preference, it is for the holiday (this Sat 12/1/07) but we try and steer clear and avoid the "red mouth syndrom" that happens with the fruit punch concentrate colouring. Any suggestions?
ellen
11/26/07
There are MANY delicious and sophisticated alcoholic punches. What kind of budget are you working with? Can you afford some brandy and rum per person?

Be sure that all the ingredients are cold before you start mixing, use block ice instead of little cubes if pouring over ice and check the recipes above and at cdkitchen.com. Also look at the really EXCELLENT punch page at this site:

The classic punch recipe is 1 part sour, 2 parts sweet (simple syrup), 3 parts strong (alcohol or fruit flavors) and 4 parts weak (tea, soda, etc).

Misty
11/28/07
I need a light colored pink punch to make at a three year olds birthday party non alcholic and easy to make
serve about 40 people thank you.
ellen
11/28/07
I would use white grape juice plus cherry or raspbarry to the sufficiently pink color plus 7-up. 3 year olds are not very adventurous.
Pat
12/08/07
I need a non-alcoholic punch for a Christmas open house to serve 300 people. Can you help me, the party is Dec. 16th.
Thank you
ellen
12/08/07
This christmas, you might enjoy to check out

and also the LDS party pages:

www.mormonchic.com/recipe/recipebox/pages/punch.asp

Anne
01/10/08
Is there any other acceptable way to serve punch other than a punch bowl or a fountain? I am serving 300 people and that requires about 6 bowls and I was not planning on renting a fountain. Thank you.
ellen
01/10/08
Never thought about that one. I suppose pitchers and glasses on trays at several stations would be an option, or you could have lots of servers passing trays of filled glasses...
Chrissie
01/26/08
My sister is getting married this June. Her wedding colors are light blue and silver. We are needing a punch recipe that is simple and good and will work with the requirements of the fountain we are renting. Non-alcoholic too!
THANKS
Chrissie
01/26/08
P.S. It is for a 7 gallon fountain.
ellen
01/26/08
A recipe using one of the blue rasperry juices is an option, but blue drinks are not as attractive as you would imagine. Consider instead one using white grape (sweet) or white cranberry as the juice base. See the links in the thread above for MANY punch recipes, and just pick one with no foam and no pulp.

You need at least 2 gallons in that fountain. If you use caronayted beverages be sure they are well chilled and added about every 15-20 minutes- they lose their fizz. Also, please see the chocolate fountain page for some specific info about set-up, management and cleaning of the fountains.

johnsonjunior
01/26/08
My introdution
Hi all. Your site www.ellenskitchen.com is very suitable. I think I've found my constant comunication place :)
Sorry if wrong branch
Betty
01/28/08
I have enjoyed your site, but I have a question, I am serving 150 for a morning corporate press conference. I am planning on using the white grape juice and sprite. I plan on about 10 galons of juice and 10 sprite with fruit ice rings do you think this would work and be enough. There will be cake and light appitizers.
ellen
01/29/08
Hi, Betty,

I have two immediate responses:

COFFEE
sugar-free option

White grape juice and sprite is going to make a VERY SWEET kid-level sweet punch. I would experiment with the recipe, using white cranberry juice, lemon or lime juice, etc. There are lots of good punch recipes in the links sprinkled through this thread. For amounts check the beverage planning page and then add at least the dinner level coffee optioBe sure everything is very well chilled before blending- nothing worse than warm punch.

dorothy
02/19/08
I was looking for a non alcoholic punch recipe that would be silver in color for a silver wedding anniversary Is there any such thing. THanks
ellen
02/19/08
Dorothy, the closest I think you can come to silver would be clear- using white cranberry juice and lemon-lime soda, for example. Is this what you have in mind?
middle schooler
03/03/08
Blue punch
Hi ellen. I am entering a contest soon for inventive food (such as scenes made of food, dresses made of food, etc) and need some advice on what to use for water on the project. I would like it to be light blue, but green would be OK with me. (as long as it looks like water.) Thanks.
middle schooler
03/03/08
blue Punch
P.S. No fountain....just a large bowl with some fancy animal shaped garnnishes floating in it. Really, no big deal.
ellen
03/04/08
I would use some of the new blueberry juice as the base, well diluted with clear blueberry flavored soda.
VICKI
03/31/08
I am wanting to make a slush punch using Koolaid....I am trying to get a shade of purple but wondering if i should grape koolaid or a mixture of a couple different koolaids or perhaps even a gelatin.....Please advise...
ellen
04/01/08
If it is for teens, grape is OK. For a more grown up flavor, if you are making a large enough amount to use several flavors, use the blue raspberry plus cherry or strawberry (more raspberry) and be sure there is plenty of lemon juice in the mix.
Karen
05/10/08
I like a non-alcoholic punch made from 1 46 ounce can apricot nectar, 1 46 ounce can pineapple juice, and 2 liters of gingerale with 1 tablespoon of almond extract added. Light, pretty and tasty. Remind the family to provide a sugarfree alternative for diabetics and other carb watchers.

This is the punch we would like to make for our shower next week, however I am having difficulty accessing just how much to have on hand for 30 people.

If someone could help me..

Karen
05/10/08
PS
This will be a punch used in a fountain....We should be freezing what ahead of time to make a cool punch that won't be diluted? Any other suggestions or tidbits you may offer would be GREATLy appreciated. We have never used the fountain before. ( it's in the box! )
Karen
05/10/08
I just heard that the 2 local grocery stores do not carry the apricot nectar. I suggested guava or passion fruit as indicated in the thread. I put those in the same category as the apricot nectar though....any suggestions if we can NOT locate the nectar? The gal started purchasing pineapple juice and gingerale.

THANK OU!!!

ellen
05/12/08
For amount see the beverage planning page- party punch non-alcoholic, and use 1/3 the amount for 100.

Get the fountain out of the box and run it for at least 2 hours, you can use water, to make sure it works.

Can you get the flavoring syrups for coffees and Italian sodas? Maybe at your local liquor store or coffee house if not the grocery. You can use a fruit flavor syrup plus club soda (1-2 cups syrup for 2 liters soda) as part of the liquid in place of the nectar. If you do, get some pulp free lemon juice to correct the sweetness. Hispanic/ Latino shops always have these fruit nectars, also.

You must NOT NOT NOT put anything chunky in the fountain, not even ice or slush. See the discussion about why in the chocoalte fountain article. Chill all the ingredients thoroughly (for example, pack in ice in a cooler overnight), and add cold to the punch bowl.

l.s.
05/12/08
Need a simple receipt using punch and soda. Something for both adults and children. Need punch to be lilac or blue. It seems that lilac would be safer than blue as far as tinting -right?

How much of each ingredient do we need for 200 people?

ellen
05/12/08
You can judge amounts from the plan for 1oo beverege planning list, see the discussion about length of time, etc.

For lilac, I would use a mix of white grape juice, pink lemonade and red and purple grape juice as my juice base.

Jean
05/19/08
Blue Punch
I am looking for a punch recipe using Hipnotiq or some other alcohol that would give me that shade of blue. I tried mixing it with pineapple juice, but it turned it a bad shade of green. (I should have known.) This will be used in a fountain. I know you mentioned that blue is not as pretty as one might imagine. Even this aqua blue?
Thank you!
ellen
05/20/08
I am not familiar with the flavor of hypnotique. What I would do to preserve rthe color is use the clear fruit sodas, such as clearly Canadian as the rest of the punch.
ellen
05/20/08
Keep in mind that you can also use blueberry juice and any of the flavored vodkas, such as raspberry, as your punch base.
Autumn
05/29/08
Hi, i need a receipe for a Blue colored punch- we are having a Blues Clues Themed birthday party for my daughter- shes turning 2-- there will be a mix of ages,children,adults- so something everyone could enjoy- its more like a birthday party/bbq- I have looked online and the same reciepe keeps coming up- it doesnt sound bad, i just wanted anpther option or two-- We are military stationed oversees so access/availability to some things can be hard-thanks-
ellen
05/30/08
One option for blue punch when you can't get the blueberry juice is simply a clear punch (white grape juice and club soda or 7 up, for example) with blue food coloring.
Karen
06/11/08
I feel "out of the loop". I'm only familiar with reconstuted lemon juice. Is lemon juice concentrate frozen or bottled?
thanks
ellen
06/12/08
Yes, lemon juice not concentrate is sold frozen; made by Minute Maid, in the juice section of the grocery freezer. And concentrate is also sold dry as a powder or crystal. There are a lot of very convenient items only available at restaurant supply type stores and other suppliers: I buy honey powder and vanilla powder, for example, on EBay from PADutch.
Tahirah
06/20/08
My coworkers and I are throwing my our boss a 50th birthday party at work. We're all bringing finger foods and my dish will be cheese and pineapple cubes. What type of punch do you this should accomodate my dish and are there any neat tricks I could add to the punch to spruce it up? Thank you
ellen
06/21/08
I would go with the mango/guava/passion fruit juices that are now available as the base, use ginger ale instead of 7 up and add a little almond extract to the mix. If using a punch bowl, ypu might pour it over pineapple sherbet instead of an ice block.
Tahirah
06/21/08
Thank you. Now there are about 20 people that are going to be present, so how much of each do you think should be used. I'm not sure of the serving sizes. Thank you for being so helpful.
ellen
06/22/08
2 gallons will leave some left over.

1 gallon ginger ale, 1 gallon juices. 2 containers of sherbet, used 1 at a time. Make SURE everything is very cold before mixing- store in an ice chest if you have no other choices. Have 1 or 2 2 liter bottles of sugar free soda for the non-carb folks.

Ashley
06/24/08
I am having a jewelry party and was wondering if there was any way to make silver punch and gold punch? I will be serving about 40 people. Thank you.
ellen
06/24/08
Yes, you make a clear punch using white cranberry juice and the clear fruit sodas, and a gold punch using white grape juice and/or apple (or any of the gold colored juices) and ginger ale.
Benet
06/25/08
I need to know how much to purchase to make punch for 300 at a wedding reception.
We want to have a sherbert punch.
I also need help estimating the food, cake, nuts,mints,finger sandwiches, dip, etc.
ellen
06/25/08
Benet, all these items are covered in detail in the tables and articles in Big Pots. For example, totals on beverages needed for 100 are in the beverage planning table, and you multiply times three.

Since I posted all the tables, I rarely do original estimates. I ask my readers to plan their menu, make their own intial estimates and post them starting a new thread (don't stick it at the bottom of "punch".) Then I will check it and give you comments.

You need to include the time, number of guests, and type of cooking and serving facilities.

I suggest you read the article on "wedding dinners" under the button of the same name on the main cook talk page before proceeding. 300 people is more than double what I recommend for self catering for an inexperienced planner, you may need to consider cutting down the list. And if the budget is restricted you may want to schedule the time of the wedding for AFTER lunch, so you can have a tea/reception instead of a full meal; or change the timing of the event to after dinner for a dance or dessert only reception. This cuts the costs by 1/3 to 1/2.

Amanda
08/01/08
I've been asked to make punch for a wedding. They will be using a fountain, but the requested punch contains orange juice, lemonade, limeade, and 7-up. Can these ingredients be used with a fountain?
Thanks!
ellen
08/01/08
If you get PULP FREE oj, lemonade and limeade, you will be fine. All are available or make-able. No chunks/ pulp and no foam, is all.
carol
08/09/08
I am providing the champagne punch for 150 guests. Plus one without champagne. How much punch will I need to make of each?
Carol
08/09/08
I would like to make a champagne punch with white grape juice. How much juice will I need per bottle of champagne?
ellen
08/10/08
Carol, I can't help on the split; this varies hugely from crowd to crowd, depending on ages, time of day, religious background etc. The strategy here is to purchase the champagne from a dealer who will let you return unopened bottles, chill without wetting labels, and open as you serve, not ahead- you would want to do that anyway.

See the beveage planning page for guidance on ampounts for 100. then make 1 1/2 times that amount for the champagne punch. Allow about 1/4 the amount for the alcohol free punch.

Try about 1/3 juice. 2/3 champagne. This might be too sweet. Experiment first with adding some pulp free lemon or lime juice. There are many recipes at the various links listed above.

Christa
08/15/08
I have scrolled through this entire post but might have missed it, so sorry if I am stepping over covered areas again.

I am holding my wedding reception in a few days....I know....LAST MINUTE punch planning. I have been searching and can't find anything I like for a 'children's punch'.

I will be using 2 beverage electric fountains....one for adults with alcoholic martini punch.....one for children with non-alcoholic. The color of the adults will be reddish-dark pink color. I would like something very simple and easy BUT a different color than the adults punch so we can easily spot if a child mistakingly goes to the wrong fountain. Each fountain holds 2.5 gallons.

Any suggestions for the children's low maintenance punch and NOT red in color???

Thank you so much!!!

Christa
08/15/08
I would like to add that these punches will not be the main drinks, although the adults alcoholic punch will be the only alcohol. Other drinks will be served such as sparkling apple, water bottles, soda, juice boxes for the kids, tea, coffee, etc. Our reception is on a Sunday at 1pm, so we don't need to offer much alcohol.
ellen
08/15/08
It sounds like something along the lines of the apricot punch near the very top of this thread would be about right, or you could go with a pulp-free lemonade made with soda/ seven up instead of plain water. Either one would be kid-friendly and obviously different from the adult punch.
Christa
08/15/08
Thank you very much :)

I LOVE this board and these threads. I have been reading for weeks for ideas and help, as I am doing all my own food with the help of my father in law and a few friends.

This is an AWESOME board!!! Thank you for taking the time to do this for people like us who have a hard time with our own ideas. God Bless!!!

Viki
08/17/08
I'm doing a wedding reception for 320 people. The couple want punch (in a fountain), iced tea, cold drinks, and coffee served. I know that I would normally need around 30 gallons of punch,but with the additional beverages, what would you recommend for each. There will be a buffet dinner served along with the wedding cake.
ellen
08/17/08
It isn't clear what/ how much is involved with "cold drinks".

I would do dinner coffee for 300, PLUS punch for 200, iced tea for 200. I would get back with them on the "cold drinks"; do they mean sodas? Will these be poured glasses, or is this an informal walk around type meal where people will want cans? I would supply diet or sugar free as well as regular, but the amount can't be estimated without more info.

Viki
08/17/08
Sorry - I did mean sodas. We're thinking poured glasses with a variety of dark, light, and diet drinks. How many sodas should we plan for? Thanks for the other info.
ellen
08/17/08
I would buy 2-liter- about 10-15 per 100- you need to allow 1 pound ice per person. Buy where you can return the unopened, unused.
Viki
08/18/08
This is so helpful! I have prepared for large groups of 200+ before, but never for over 300. I'm a little nervous and want to make sure I have enough of everything. If you don't mind, what do you think of my other calculations:

3 Gal. Potato Salad per 100
4 Gal. Baked Beans per 100
14 Bags Lettuce (48 oz ea)
4 pieces Fried Chicken per 3 people
30 LBs Ham per 100

ellen
08/19/08
I would allow 4 gallons potato salad per 100, and you need several pounds of additional vegetables per 100 fer the salads (see the plan for 100 list). The ham is OK if you pre-slice it thin and it is cooked boneless weight.
Eileen
09/12/08
Punch for wedding shower
I have been asked to make the punch for my future daughter in laws shower. Her mom has a fountain she would like to use but also mentioned champagne. Can you use Champagne in a fountain? Where can I find a good simple recipe. Help, the shower is in a week!!!!!
ellen
09/12/08
Champagne is fine, you just have to add it every 15 minutes or so, as it goes flat. Mimosas, 1/2 pulp free orange juice and 1/2 champagne , are always popular. French 75's, 1/2 champagne and 1/2 brandy, make a very strong punch- you would need coffee on the side. There are many champagne punches in the links I have posted, also, and champagne can be used in any recipe calling for ginger ale.

Make sure everything is really cold before adding it to the fountain.

lynne b.
10/10/08
my grandmother used to make a punch for the holidays that included pink lemonade, sherbet, strawberries, gingerale, orange juice. do you have something that resembles this? please help
ellen
10/10/08
There are recipes on this thread and in the links on the thread that include these ingredients.
lynne b.
10/10/08
i'm sorry but i didn't find anything that i was looking for. if you don't have any other suggestions, it's ok. love your page.
Kim
10/16/08
My daughter is getting married on the 25th of Oct. We borrowed a punch fountain from a friend that holds 2.5 gal of punch. The wedding has a fall theme. Mums and fall leaves are the decor. The wedding party will be wearing burgandy. We are serving cake, cookies and candy as refreshments. I need a suggestion for a dark colored (not brown) punch that isnt too sweet. I am not a fan of ginger ale but maybe I wont notice in punch.
Kim
10/16/08
Sorry I forgot, non alcoholic. Thanks
ellen
10/16/08
Fall and burgundy just seems to call out for cranberry or pomegranate as the juice base. Now that they make MANY fruit flavors in clear soda water (clearly canadian is one brand), you don't need to stop at gingerale. Experiment using 1 part juice, 1 part soda (lemon?lime? berry?), and pulpfree lemon or lime juice for tartness.
Kimberly
10/17/08
I'm looking for a non-alcoholic punch for a boy baby shower. I would like it to be blue. Any suggestions?
ellen
10/18/08
Use one of the blueberry juice based juices as a base, get the blueberry flavored clear soda for your sparkler- then do any standard punch recipe.
Dorothy
10/29/08
I have lost my recipe for "Yummy Punch". It included Sprite, almond flavoring, sugar,water and then either orange juice and lemonade or pink lemonade, I can't remember. Any suggestions
ellen
10/29/08
The one I use doesn't have the sugar...

1 can frozen orange juice
1 can frozen pink lemonade
4 cans (from the frozen stuff) of water
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 liter sprite or 7-up

But I think it is improved by adding a can of guava or apricot nectar.

ellen
10/29/08
Here is a different, slushy punch al;so called "yummy punch"

Yummy Punch
This slushy punch recipe was handed down to me from one of the officers in club when I became officer to use at our parties.

1 large box cherry jello
40 oz. of pineapple juice
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 oz. almond extract
4 cups sugar
4 liters ginger ale

Boil jello with 2 cups of water in a large pot. When jello is completely dissolved, add pineapple juice, lemon juice, almond extract, sugar and 2 quarts water. When sugar is completely dissolved, put mix into gallon-sized freezer bags. Freeze for at least 24 hours. To serve, combine with 4 liters of ginger ale to make a slush.

selina
10/30/08
PLEASE HELP!! I was just given a last minute task for my best friends wedding, she will be wed in this saturday meaning i have less then 48 hrs for this...

I need a great punch fountain recipe, non-alcohoic, that wont go flat ( non-carbonated?) for about 200 people, the colors are red white and black. not super sweet but also not bland like tea. so red would be my pick for the punch and i understand it can be messy but i think it looks very pretty :) if you can please help me out today or by tomorrow morning I would be EXTREMELY appreciative.

feel free to email me too, i will be checking it regularly through out the day:) thanks again

ellen
10/30/08
As said in the first posts on this thread:

"I like a non-alcoholic punch made from 1 46 ounce can apricot nectar, 1 46 ounce can pineapple juice, and 2 liters of gingerale with 1 tablespoon of almond extract added. Light, pretty and tasty. Remind the family to provide a sugarfree alternative for diabetics and other carb watchers.

For a red punch, I would use cran-raspberry or cranicot for part of the juice."

For amounts, see the beverage planning page.

Get all the ingredients on ice or in the refrigerator NOW so they will be chilled.

Since you will have to refill the fountain often, I would go with the carbonated soda and just add it every 20 minutes or so- it gives a lighter, more festive taste than the non-carbonated.

Sammy
11/21/08
I am having a baby shower for 50-60 people and I bought the plastic light up party fountain. Can you please get me a recipe for a fruit punch or something that will be good for baby shower. It is a boy so punch with blue color would be good. Can I add chopped starwberries to the punch? Thanks.
ellen
11/21/08
There are a bunch of suggestions for blue punches in the thread, just read on up. absolutely DO NOT put any solids of any kind in the punch; these fountains even jam up on the amount of pulp in lemonade or orange juice!
Gloria
11/22/08
Orange Juice
How much orange juice do I need to purchase for
making mimosas for a breakfast brunch. We will serve from 1l:00 to 11:30 a.m. Approx.
100 people
ellen
11/22/08
These are usually mixed 1/2 and 1/2. I allow a pint total per person, 1 cup juice, 1 champagne.
Gloria
11/23/08
How many cups will a pound of mushrooms yield?
I will be slicing the mushrooms for a caserole.

Thanks

ellen
11/23/08
Gloria when you cook these, they shrink. I pound of fresh whole mushrooms, trimmed, sliced and cooked, makes maybe a cup of mushrooms.
Laura
11/24/08
I'm in charge of making the punch at an upcoming holiday party. Most guests drink martinis. Is there such a thing as a martini punch? This will not be for a fountain, but will be served from a large punch bowl.
ellen
11/25/08
Yes, mostly vodka based (which my granddaddy would not consider a real martini...). Here are a couple:

Per punch bowl full:
Ice
16 oz. Stohlis Vanilla Vodka
16 oz. Creme De Cassis
28 oz. Pineapple Juice

Fill punch bowl with ice and add ingredients. Adjust according to the flavor you desire.

Apple Martini Punch- per person
2 Oz Citrus Vodka
1/2 Oz Dekuyper® Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps
1/2 Oz Cointreau® Orange Liqueur
3/4 Oz Fresh Lemon Juice
ice

Here are several other currently popular combinations:
Raspberry, Vodka, and Chambord
Blue Moon Martini-Amaretto, Blue Curacao, and Bailey’s
Vodka, Chambord, Cointreau, and cranberry
Cosmo Martini-This citrus vodka and cranberry masterpiece is a classic among martinis.
Bailey’s and Jameson
Raspberry vodka, Malibu, and Monster
Pomegranate Vodka, Amaretto, and orange juice
X-rated, pomegranate, and lemonade
When you serve a hard liquor punch, it is a VERY good idea to make an urn full of coffee as well- for amounts see the dinner coffee amounts in the beverage planning table.

ellen
11/30/08
Punch- Golden Sparkle Punch
Here is a tasty golden punch

4 (12 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
1 1/2 quarts water
2 liters ginger ale, chilled
1 liter sparkling water, chilled
3 pounds ice
1 (7/8 quart) bottle dry champagne (or sparkling white grape juice), chilled

Mix lemonade and water and chill.

T0 serve, add ginger ale and sparkling water to the lemonade base and pour over ice cubes in a large punch bowl.

Pour chilled champagne or sparkling grape juice over punch in the bowl and stir gently.

Monica
12/22/08
I used a stainless steel champagne/punch fountain last night and made a cranberry tea using sugar. The mixture was done in small batches and added as need. It foamed up terribly. What did I do wrong?
ellen
12/23/08
Nothing, some fruit juices do foam- mimosas (oj and champagne) make clouds of foam. You might try simple syrup instead of straight sugar next time.
milla
12/30/08
hey, i made a punch awhile ago from a recipe that i got off of HGTV..it was called gold punch and i've tried googling it but i cant find the exact match.

There were 3 juices (orange, lemonade and something else) and it was garnished with mint leaves. It was non-alcoholic.

Do you know what the third juice might be? And how much water should i add for that much juice?

Thank you

ellen
12/30/08
Here is the recipe:

Solid Gold Punch

Ingredients:

2 qts. cold water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
two 6-oz. cans frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
two 6-oz. cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
one to four 6-oz. cans of frozen pineapple juice, thawed
crushed ice
orange slices
mint sprigs

Preparation:

Heat water to boil, add sugar and stir until it dissolves. Let cool. Add vanilla, juices and lemonade. Pour mixture into a punch bowl over ice. Garnish with orange slices and mint sprigs.

Yield: about 20 servings

milla
12/31/08
Thank you!
Rian
01/04/09
Hi Ellen, I am looking for a alcoholic blue punch to go in a beverage fountain and serving aroung 40-50 people. Something quite tasty. Any suggestions???
ellen
01/04/09
If you like melon flavored liquors (I am not a fan), hypnotiq is a BEAUTIFUL blue liquor. Check out this page:

www.drinknation.com/barbook/ingredients/hpnotiq.php

Many combine it with rum or coconut rum and vodka. If I were doing a fountain, I would then add large amounts of club soda- people will not be expecting highball strength in a fountain. If you get something you like, send in the recipe. Just remember, NO PULPS.

Annie
01/09/09
i want make a punch 4 a bridal shower with about 20 guests. i want to use a raspberry carbonated soda (2 litre bottle) i also bought a bottle of ginger ale any ideas (non-alchol please)
ellen
01/10/09
This is a nice friendly size party, and you want to allow about 1 pint of punch per person for a three hour party. That's about 1 2 liter bottle for each 4 people. I would use one of the delicious raspberry juice drinks- there are several now available- plus your two sodas. Be sure you have some chilled sugar-free soda on hand for the folks who can't have the carbs.

You could make a pretty ice ring in a mold- use juice, freeze a layer, arrange raspberries and mint leaves on the slushy layer and add the rest of the juice and freeze solid. Looks pretty in the bowl.

Jamie
03/03/09
It is so hard to find a good punch fountain recipe, thank god for you. Well my wedding is on the 3/28/09 and I can not find a good recipe for a punch that can go in a champ. fountain. My wedding is spring, tulips, butterflies, lilac is the main color with silvr and pink. Well I'm looking for something everyone can drink, no alch, that is fruity, fun, and not tea. I will have a few young kids so I don't want any thing that will stain too much either. Can you help me? My daughter is allergic to Hawaiian pucnh, so I can't have that in it. Thanks so much
ellen
03/04/09
I would get sparkling grape juice- the white or pink, not purple. Then for a juice zing, mango, guava, or peach- experiment abit till you find a combo that tastes great to you.
Candy
04/02/09
I'm looking for a good light punch to complement cake; need to feed approx. 300
ellen
04/02/09
There are several recipes in this thread that would be suitable, plus good links. Remember to provide a sugar free option for diabetics and dieters- coffee, bottled water, etc.
Whitney
04/07/09
I'm looking for a punch that the recipe uses ginger ale and green Hawaiian punch (the brand Hawaiian punch). I'm not sure what else was in it, nor the amounts of each ingredient...please help!!
Whitney
04/07/09
Oh yeah...using a punch fountain for a party, so nothing that would clog the fountain.
ellen
04/07/09
Use the basic guidelines for fountain punches in this thread, or any of the links to other punch recipes.
Sara
04/08/09
Hi my prom is April 11th 2009 and a group of 10 of us are having a pot luck to save money. I'm in charge of the punch. I need one that says prom can you help!
Nancy
04/19/09
I'm hosting a Bridal Shower in June. I wanted to make a special punch for the little girls in attendance. Do you have a fun suggestion for an altenative to serving in a traditional punch bowl?
ellen
04/20/09
It depends on the theme of the party; for example if it was a beach theme, you could use a big plastic beach bucket.

Or use a bowl but make ice rings with flowers and fruit frozen in.

Girls usually like the multi-colored multi flavored ice cubes that you make from different juices and/or kool-aids and then pile into tall clear glasses with a gold or other light colored punch. Or pink, of course; I would use rasperry rather than pink lemonade.

Cari
04/20/09
I am looking for a punch to serve at a wedding reception. They are wanting it to be peach colored, non -alcoholic. Looking at serving approx. 100 people.

Thank you

ellen
04/20/09
The recipe in the very first section of this thread is a lovely peach-colored punch- make a test batch and see what you think. You want a gallon for each 8 people plus ice for several hours.
Ainsley
05/09/09
I neeed to amke punch for 5oo people for my daughter's graduation reception. I am supposed to use Hawaiian Punch and 7 up...just those 2 ingredients. I will make chilled punch molds to keep it cold. Can you give me the proportions I should use of each for this many people?
Ainsley
05/09/09
I just need to know how many parts Hawaiian Punch to how many parts 7 Up. To serve 500 people.

Thank you!

ellen
05/09/09
I do 1 can Hawaiian Punch to 4 liters (1 gallon) 7-up, but I don't much like Hawaiian punch. You can use 2 cans if you want a really heavy Hawaiian punch flavor. You need at least 30 gallons.
Karen
05/26/09
Do you think the "mock champagne" punch using white grape juice and ginger ale is okay to serve with cake? We are supposed to make something simple for a graduation reception - serving 400-500 people.
ellen
05/26/09
Absolutely! Do offer ice water as well and a sugar free choice at at least one station- you will have at least 50 people who can't have the sweet punch.
Karen
05/26/09
Thanks!
Jennifer
06/13/09
I need a non alocholic wedding punch for around 100 people. I am looking for a burnt orange to amber colored punch. The wedding is in october and one of the colors is burnt orange. I also would like to find one that can basically be the same ingredients but sugar free as my fiance is a diabetic. Also it will be in a fountain so no pulp or fizz. Also would like to find one that does not include tea.

Thanks!

ellen
06/14/09
If you have a Mexican or south American grocery or a large store with a section, look for tamarind nectar, a fruity tan liquid, and try it. Mixed with orange juice, orange soda, mango or guava nectar etc, it might give you just the color you want.

A more work-intensive solution might be a punch base of blood-orange juice, which you would probably have to squeeze yourself, with a touch of cranberry or pomegranate juice for color and flavor and lemon juice to tart it up a little.

Both these juice bases could be diluted with ginger ale to give sparkle and flavor. Using a juice base and a sugar free soda would give your sweetie a punch option.

Jenn
06/14/09
Thanks, I will be sure to try that.
Danyalle
06/15/09
Please help. I need a punch that is a light pink color for a wedding in 3 weeks. It can not have a lot of added sugar and can't have anything that has a strong citrus flavor or Sprite/7-up. Also it is for a fountain. I'm not sure if ginger-ale has the citrus flavor but if it doesn't that will work in it. Club soda is another idea I had. Thanks in advance.
ellen
06/15/09
Ginger ale does not have any citrus and would make a good base, just remember you have to add it every 15 minutes if using a fountain, or it goes completely flat. Any pure red juice will give you a pink color, you find these at natural groceries, health food stores etc. Such as sweet cherry juice, white grape juice, ginger ale, a little almond extract. Experiment and clear it with the bridal couple.
Danyalle
06/15/09
Thanks for the response Ellen. Do you have any tips/recipes for punches that would be good in a fountain without ginger ale or club soda?
ellen
06/15/09
There are lots of pulp-free punches with no soda. Check out some of the punch links in this thread.
reita manning
08/14/09
I need a pink slushy punch for a baby shower for about 50 people. I don;t like to use the cranberry juice and sour juices.I'm afraid they might taste sour or just different. thanks
ellen
08/14/09
How about a guava (for light pink) or raspberry (for dark pink) blend with apple juice or white grape? Raspberry or pinkl lemonade also makes a great slushy punch.

Many slushy punches use a jello base, here is one:
FROZEN SLUSHY PUNCH
Makes about 3 gallons- see beverage planning page for help on amounts

With the added fruits, this has a richer, fruitier taste than the more icy punches.

3 4 ounce Jello, flavor/color of choice (strawberry)
9 cups boiling water, boiled with
2-4 cups sugar

Mix above together.

2 (46 oz.) pineapple juice
4 to 6 bananas
1 (18 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
1 qt. strawberries, OR 1-2 pounds frozen strawberries or other berries
4 c. warm water
pureed in blender in batches, adding the water as needed to help it puree.

Mix the two batches. Freeze the above 1 quart at a time in quart containers or gallon ziplocks baggies until ready to use. When ready to serve, remove from freezer 3 hours ahead. Let thaw to slushy stage; add ginger ale and serve at once. mix 2 quarts of the above with up to 2 liters of ginger ale or Sprite or 7-Up, the mixture will then become slushy.
Can use half as much sugar.

Beverly
08/16/09
hi ellen
I'm another frantic mom that in the last minutes decided to have a fountain for punch. non-alcohol. the colors are burnt orange - fern green - chocolate brown- any ideas and recipes? for 250 people. wedding is this Saturday. Thanks so much Bev
ellen
08/16/09
Well, I would go for gold, orange or tea-based for brown. There are several recipes here that would do, and links for others. Just remember NO PULP. For example, if you use orange juice or the orange juice concentrate, get the NO PULP one.

A virgin mimosa with OJ and ginger ale would be the simplest and is quite popular. Be sure you have a sugar-free option for diabetics and dieters. Amounts help is on the beverage planning page. Be sure everything is really cold before it goes into the fountain.

natalie
08/16/09
Looking for a non-alcoholic punch recipe for 100 people, blue in color, for a fountain. I have read many of the posts explaining that you have to add carbonated beverage every 15 minutes. Is there a way to make a good punch that is not carbonated so I don't have to worry about it and keep mixing and adding stuff? I wanted to pre-make and just refill the fountain with the premade punch if possible. I have read probably 50 recipes and everything had ice cream or sherbert, ginger ale, Sprite/7Up, soda.
Natalie
08/20/09
How about that punch - any possible suggestions?
ellen
08/20/09
Thank you for persisting, Natalie. I did not check back after I posted that day, and you posted later the same day, so it did not show a new date, and I missed your post.

There are great fruit drinks without soda, sherbet, etc. You could definitely use one of these in a punch. The difficulty for you would be the blue color. I would probably make the blue raspberry koolaid as a base, using a sugar syrup instead of plain sugar for smooth texture. You make this by adding the 1 cup of sugar to 2 cups of water and boiling till smooth, then reduce the water in the koolaid by 2 cups and use the sugar syrup. Then I would use white cranberry juice to dilute it until it was the right blue- it is light colored and a bit tangy, but not sharp like the red. You will have to experiment for color and flavor.

Or you could make any pale punch and just stir in the koolaid mix to get the color...

louise
08/24/09
where can I get flowers that I can put in punch ice cubes
ellen
08/24/09
Some high end markets sell these edible flowers. If you get them from a garden or florist, you must be SURE they have not been sprayed with pesticides or soaked in preservative mixes.

Here is a link for a list of edible flowers with pictures:

homecooking.about.com/library/weekly/blflowers.htm

Rebecca
08/24/09
Hi, I need a non-alcoholic punch that will be in a punch fountain for my wedding this September. I found a recipe I like with frozen limeade concentrate, frozen lemonade concentrate, ginger ale and pineapple juice..but are there pulp-free concentrates available in stores because it will be in a fountain? Also, read about having to add ginger-ale or other carbonated beverages every so often because it goes flat -- is there some similar punch I could make that wouldn't require that? I just want something tasty, not to tart but not too bland like some Hawaiian punch, that can go in a punch fountain and that is red or pink, preferably. Thanks!
ellen
08/24/09
I suggest pink, as when it spills it is easier to clean up or get out of dressy clothes.
You can buy pulp free frozen concentrates. You can make pulp free concentrate 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of bottled juice, this is approximately equivalent to a 12 ounce can of concentrate.

You can experiment with using white cranberry juice or white grape juice instead of ginger ale or 7 up. You may need to add some water to get it to "not too sweet".

ETHEL
08/25/09
i AM LOOKING FOR A PUNCH TO SEVER AT OUR RAINBOW PROGRAM OUR COLOR IS YELLOW i WOULD LIKE A SUNSHINE PUNCH OR A LIME PUNCH. tHANK YOU!
ellen
08/25/09
Here is a simple but tasty "Sunshine punch"; it has a golden tinge from the orange juice. This makes 1+ gallon and is served over ice, so ends up about 1 1/2 gallons.

# 1 - 6 ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate
# 1 - 6 ounce can frozen pineapple concentrate
# 2 - 6 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
# 6 cups ice-cold water
# 2 liters ginger ale; chilled
(OPTIONAL) (46 ounce can apricot nectar)

1.Mix all the items except the ginger ale the day before or at least one hour before. Keep refrigerated.
2. Just before serving, add ginger ale.

Monica
08/29/09
Ellen,

I am looking for an alcohol free punch that will be served out of a champagne fountain. She wants it to be either plum(preferred) or a green color. Do have a couple of great recipes we can try? We will be serving approximately 300 or so guest.

Thanks for your time.

ellen
08/29/09
Plum is basically purple with red undertones, but plum juices are thick and vaguely pruney. I would probably experiment with red grape as the base, and use a lemon seltzer as the soda- grape does not need a lot more sweetener. U*se a pulp free pink lemonade for the tang. Play around till you get what you like--
Endora
09/01/09
Ellen,
We made the sunshine punch recipe except you added jello. The punch was great!! Everyone loved it. We used a fountain and it fizzed. We didn't think it was suppose to fizz. Do you have an idea why? We made the punch early that morning and chilled it all day and added the ginger ale when served. Thanks for your time.
ellen
09/01/09
Even mimosas (pulp free orange juice and champagne) fizz, I suspect it is the citrus. But it all looks rather festive and it sounds like it tasted great.
Becky
09/07/09
Wow! I have loved reading all the posts on this site...I too am using a fountain for my wedding punch and love all of the above tips and ideas. Just a question...can you use floating frozen punch ice cubes in the fountain to help keep it cold but not dilute the punch or clog the fountain??
ellen
09/08/09
I would not use cubes- they could melt small enough to get caught in the auger! You might make larger blocks or logs and let your fountain guardian scoop them out when they get small. See the chocolate fountain article for lots of notes on fountain safety and success.
Alana
10/05/09
Punch for wedding
I'm doing punch for a wedding this weekend. The wedding colors are lavender and lime green. They would like lavender punch, if possible. I'm having trouble finding a non-alcoholic recipe in a lavender color. I know the lime green would be easier, but don't have a recipe for that either.

Can you help? Need a recipe and also how much to make. They are having me do cake for 200 servings, so should we plan 200, 250 or 300 svgs. of punch?

ellen
10/06/09
See the beverage planning page for help on amounts.

As to lavender color, get some purple and red grape juice and a Bunch of white grape or white cranberry and mix, starting with the white, adding purple just till you get the color value and then a bit of red if needed to true up the color. It doesn't take much purple or red. Then use this as your juice base in any of the punch recipes.

Phyllis
10/10/09
Our family is having a 100th birthday party for my grandmother. We are doing a breakfast that morning and a family dinner that evening. I am looking for a punch recipe that is just white grape juice and almond extract to use that morning from a fountain. what would be the ratio of juce to extract to serve any where from 3 to 5 hundred people we are working very hard to make this a serve your self Thanks
ellen
10/10/09
You should consider adding about 1/2 club soda or ginger ale. Then for each 3 1/2 to 4 quarts, you add 1 tablespoon almond extract,
Phyllis
10/13/09
Thank you so very much. Will add the club soda!!
Cindy Jones
10/16/09
Hi...I'm having a Halloween party and will be serving punch in a water bubbler (the kind with the inverted bottle on the top) complete with "eyeballs" and glowsticks. Is it possible to serve a punch with carbonation in this way? Any ideas for getting a really "toxic" color to the punch? Thanks!!
ellen
10/16/09
Cute. The food color people are making neon and halloween color packs, you could get pretty gruesome with the colors. If you mean like a water cooler, not unless you use a plastic bottle and punch a little hole in the top (formerly the bottom) to vent it.
Becky
10/24/09
Lavendar Colored Punch
I need an easy punch receipe that is lavendar in color and I can serve with and without vodka. Any suggestions?
ellen
10/25/09
See 10/06 this thread.
cindy
10/30/09
I'm making a sherbet punch with pineapple juice and ginger-ale. How much ingredients would I need to serve 150 people??
Thank you.
ellen
10/30/09
See the beverage planning page. Have a sugar free alternative (coffee, teas, diet soda) for the diabetics and dieters in the crowd.
Mary C
11/10/09
Hello Ladies,
I'm hosting a wedding shower this weekend.
I have a new fountain that I'd liek to use.

I had one recipe of white grape fruit juice and ginger ale..?? I testred it and it seems a bit boring... am I missing something? The wedding color is red...

Thanks in advance!

ellen
11/10/09
Go for cranberry juice with apricot nectar and the ginger ale and a good dollop of strained fresh lemon or lime juice and you will be much happier with both the color and the taste.
Gillian
11/19/09
I am organizing the catering for 25 people at a Christmas function and require a non alcholic punch recipe base, preferably the cold tea one. Thanks
ellen
11/19/09
Gillian, a tea punch recipe is posted near the top of this thread. If that won't do, write back.
Jo
12/01/09
My daughter's wedding is April 24, 2010. Her color is brown, ivory with accenting with Orange Tiger lillies. I need a punch recipe for 300 that will accomadate her table which will be brown linen with ivory runner, chocolate iced cake with orange tiger lillies. Also I am searching for a mint mold of a tiger lilly.
ellen
12/01/09
A gold or orange punch would be lovely. There are several recipes in this thread as well as links to punch sites. If you want an alcoholic punch, you might consider mimosas.
Wendy
12/10/09
I need to find a punch recipe that does not call for any carbonated beverages at all. The bride cannot have any carbonation because of stomach issues and I'm having trouble finding a recipe that doesn't call for carbonated beverages.
ellen
12/11/09
You can use tea or lemonade as a substitute. I like ginger tea or any of the spicy7 herbal teas, rooiboos for non-caf tea colored beverage, or plain green tea.
Kristi
12/19/09
Dear Ellen, Thanks for all the recipes and advice on this page. I was looking for a not-too-sweet recipe for adults and will try your 1 part/2 part/3 part/4 part formula above to create my own taste sensation :)

I read through about 1/4 of the posts. Good Lord girlfriend ... you have the patience of a saint.

Brides-to-be, please start at the top or use the "Edit, Find" menu on your browser to search for prior posts of the color brew you are seeking. Ellen's possibly already provided your solution. <3

Judy
12/28/09
Can you suggest a punch for a Diamond (60th) Anniversary party in January? I was thinking of something clear and sparkling.

Also, any suggestions for ice rings to use in this punch? Thanks!

ellen
12/29/09
If you want alcohol based, a champagne punch would be perfect. I might freeze green grapes and edible flowers into the ice rings.

Non alcoholic, how about sparkling cider and club soda with pulp-free lemonade concentrate? White cranberry punch for the flavor base. Mint leaves in the ice rings.

steve
12/30/09
hot punch for 300 people using pimms and cranberry help ????
ellen
12/30/09
Don't heat the Pimms! At least, very little, it will lose most of its alcohol and flavor. I would use white cranberry juice and apple juice, the flavor is better with wine, and heat that, using about 2 1/2 parts juice to every 1 part Pimm's. Add a cinnamon stick stirrer and a splash of orange juice or a ring of orange or a splash of orange liqueur. If you can get it, Pimm's #3, which is brandy based, would be better than Pimm's #1 which is gin-based.
Tricia
01/16/10
Hello, I am looking for recipe for 2.5 gallon fountain beverage. Looking to serve cosmopolitans but need help with how much of each ingredient. I prefer Orange Stoli and machine can't have any pulp.

Thx

ellen
01/16/10
Try this site for alcoholic punch help:

www.make-martinis-at-home.com/punchrecipes.html

Just strain the lime juice to remove the pulp.

Maureen Jacobs
02/03/10
Non alcoholic puhch using 7 Up Ginger Ale and Cranberry Juice
ellen
02/03/10
And the question is?
Courtney
02/17/10
I'm getting married Sat. I need a recipe that I can put in a 3 gallon beverage dispenser we just bought. We bought 2 but I figured one would be water with lemon slices and the other...some type of punch or tea that is white in color and I wouldn't mind if we could add fresh raspberries or blueberries to the drink so it looks pretty in the beverage dispenser. Any suggestions? (Obviously no carbonation since its in a beverage dispenser)
ellen
02/17/10
I presume you actually mean clear? How about starting with a base of white cranberry juice, adding an equal amount of still fruit water such as orange and lemon? Make sure everything is very cold. Add some rose water (available at Middle Eastern groceries) for a lovely exotic addition.
bev
03/03/10
i need a punch that fits the color scheme of off white and peachy color. We don't want anything too sweet to be served before dinner and then we need something to be served with the cake. It must serve 150-170 persons
ellen
03/03/10
The apricot and almond punch on 5/4/05 is what you need to try- read, try and enjoy.
Michele
03/05/10
We are looking for a punch for my daughter's wedding, colors are cranberry, marine/navy blue, and white, non-alcoholic, and for a fountain serving about 150-200 people. What are your suggestions?
Michele
03/05/10
Also, I have tried searching through your thread I do not get any hits for my search criteria. I also went to some of the links but am mostly finding alcoholic recipes. If you can point me to a link that would be great!!! I can't imagine how much time you are spending answering all of our questions!! Thanks so much!
ellen
03/07/10
I would do either cranberry or white/gold. If it is formal do white/gold, red is so hard to get out of dressy clothes...

Here is a cranberry one (you could use the white cranberry juice, it's good, this will haver a light gold color)
edients
4 1/2 gallons cold water (can use 7-up, gingerale or sparkling waTER FOR BUBBLES- DISSOLVE tANG IN WATER, ADD THE balance of the liquid as SODA AS YOU MIX TO SERVE. gET EVERYTHING REALLY COLD)
5 cans (6 ounces each) concentrate for limeade or lemonade, thawed
2 1/2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
5 1/2 pounds (13 cups) orange-flavor Tang

Combine water, limeade or lemonade, and cranberry juice cocktail in a large container. Add Tang and stir until dissolved. Chill. Serve in punch cups or pour over crushed ice in tall glasses. Garnish with lime slices or mint leaves, if desired. Variation: Use pineapple juice instead of cranberry juice cocktail.

Or check here:
www.mormonchic.com/recipe/recipebox/pages/punch.asp

Tammy Owens
03/24/10
My daughter is getting married and wants a fountain which we have already placed on hold. I have always liked the sherbert and ginger ale punch but i know this can not be used in a fountain. Can you give me a good recipe for a punch with about the same taste as the sherbert punch. Also I was hoping to find something that was light green like the sherbert because of her colors. Thank you.
ellen
03/25/10
A pulp free limeade with gingerale for part of the water would be a tangy option. Experiment a little and see if you like it. If you want an elusive, lovely accent, find coconut milk rosewater at a Middle Eastern deli and add that to the mix.
Michele
03/29/10
Thank you Ellen!!! It sounds wonderful! We are doing a punch tasting on Wednesday...I will let you know how it goes!
Andrea
04/07/10
Italian Soda Bar
We want to have an "open" Italian Soda Bar at my daughters wedding. How do I calculate amounts? Also, what other type of non-alcoholic drink(s) should we offer for a 3pm wedding? Thanks.
Diane
04/19/10
I am planning a 50th B'day party in May and there is a 5 gal. fountain... I want to use some type of champagne punch for the fountain...

1. not hard to make
2. inexpensive
3. tasty

Can you please help? Color doesn't matter

ellen
04/19/10
Andrea, the amounts are just the same as relular sodas, see the beverage planning page.

Diane, any of the pulp free punches on this thread will be great- just read through-

ellen
04/19/10
By the way, Angrea, I would also offer dinner level coffee-
AntBee
04/20/10
Punch/VERY CHERRY PUNCH!
VERY CHERRY PUNCH

3 small packages of cherry Jell-o
2&1/2 cups sugar
6 cups boiling water
1 can unsweetened pineapple juice (64oz.)
1 can frozen orange juice, thawed (12 oz.size)
1 can frozen lemonade, thawed (12 oz.size)
1 gallon cold water
2 bottles gingerale (2 liter size)

Dissolve Jello- in the boiling water.
Add the pineapple juice, frozen lemonade, frozen orange juice, and cold water.
Mix well.
Just before serving, add the ginger ale and mix well.

Note:
You can freeze the punch (freeze til slush and add to your bowl or container.

Very delicious punch!

ellen
04/20/10
Very sweet, very red; you need to be sure it is served very cold and if unfrozen, you may want to serve over ice. This recipe makes about 3 1/2 gallons of punch.
Mathew
04/20/10
my weddings may 1 2010 and i need a great tasting easy to make non alcoholic punch. Think u can help me? Oh yea its for one of those beverage fountains,no pulp etc. about 150 people and its a 7 gal fountain
ellen
04/20/10
Mathew, there are a variety of simple to make pulp-free punches already listed on this thread, as well as good links. Have fun looking.
Charlotte
04/23/10
I need a yellow punch for a baby shower. I'd like to use pineapple sherbert in it and I need enough to serve 100 to 150 people. Any suggestions?
ellen
04/23/10
The golden punch up the thread might be just right. Remember that pineapple sherbet has chunks.
Nora
04/26/10
I am looking for a non alcoholic champagne punch. I would like to find one that is as clear as possible. Would like it to have a fizz. Will be serving it from a punch bowl.
ellen
04/27/10
Nora, I don't understand. Champagne has alcohol, at least I have never seen alcohol-free champagne. Do you mean a fizzy mock champagne? Or real champagne but no other alcohol?

Also, you know that you must add fizzy ingredients to the punch fountain every 15 minutes, as they go flat very fast. This is discussed in this thread.

Nora
04/29/10
Sorry, if i confussed you. Yes i mean mock champagne punch, i have made some in the past but it was really yellow. I would like a recipe that is clearer. Thanks
ellen
04/29/10
You can take advantage of the new clear sparkling waters with fruit flavors, they are sold here by the liter bottle.

Chill them all icy cold.

Combine 1 liter each, white grape, lemon or tropical and peach sparkling water, 1 liter white grape juice (or white cranberry for a tarter flavor), 1 liter ginger ale or if you want really really clear, 7-up/ lemon lime.

If you are somewhere with a Middle Eastern deli, a big glub of rose water will add a delightful, elusive flavor.

JJ
04/30/10
Iced Tea
I'm helping prepare iced tea for a wedding reception in May. There will be 200 people - iced tea and water will be what's offered to drink. It will be a sit-down tea party type of reception, except iced tea will be served instead of hot tea.

How many gallons of tea should be prepared?
THANKS!

ellen
04/30/10
See the beverage planning page- 8 gallons per 100
Terry
05/26/10
Please give me ideas on how to make a purple punch for my daughter's wedding for 125 people. The wedding is June 5, 2010.
ellen
05/26/10
The obvious is a grape juice base, but you might use half raspberry and half blueberry for more interesting flavor with the same color.
Pat
06/03/10
I need a punch that will serve 150 people and it has to be lavender, but not a very difficult recipe (something really simple, but good), due to the fact that the reception hall kitchen is very small and not much room to move throughout. And it go into a punch fountain. the wedding is June 12th, next week. thk u
ellen
06/05/10
Use any of the recipes on this thread that are pulp-free, with white grape juice (sweeter) or white cranberry (tangier) as the juice base, and just enough purple grape or raspberry-blueberry combo to get the desired color.
Connie
06/15/10
I am having a small wedding reception with only pies and beverages. Would your punch mentioned above (apricot nectar, pineapple juice, gingerale, almond extract) work well with sweet pies and fruit pies? Also, this reception will be less than 100 people and without a meal, so it will not last long. Do I follow the same quantities as listed at bigpots/plan/bevmisc100.html or should I cut back and by how much? Thank you
ellen
06/15/10
The apricot nectar punch will work, and so would a tea-based punch, such as a green tea-based punch. You want to allow at least 1 pint per person, plus have a sugar free option (iced tea would be fine) for diabetics and carb watchers.
Chris
06/27/10
My daughter is getting married next week. We have a champagne fountain and were going to use th apricot nectar punch but she has decided she would rather have lemonade. Can we put a non-pulp lemonade through the champagne fountain?
ellen
06/28/10
Yes, just be SURE it is non-pulp.
Pamela
07/02/10
I am having an All White Birthday party and looking for a puch w/little to no color using champagne or vodka to be served from a 5 or 7 gal. champagne fountain and to serve aprox 100 people. I would like this punch to be cost effective. Any suggestions for a recipe...and I actually need the recipe in dummy form :)...have never done this before!!

Thank you

ellen
07/02/10
Pamela, see any of the links above, or use any of the recipes switching to white grape or white cranberry (tangier) juice.
Pam
07/24/10
My daughter is getting married July 31st. We need a non-carbonated, non-alcoholic, punch recipe (she would like it to be blue since her colors are royal blue and light blue) for a fountain to serve 100 guests. Lunch will be served w/other beverages prior to cake/punch. I've never done anything like this before. Please be specific w/ingredients/instructions. Thank you so much!
ellen
07/25/10
Hi, Pam,
There are a few ways to get a blue punch; use blue kool-aid (Berry Blue)in a white base at the rate of about 1 package per gallon, use Hawaiian punch blue punch, or use blueberries or blueberry juice. Blueberries actually tend toward the purple end of blue. You will need to experiment and decide which flavor you like.

Adapt my favorite non-alcoholic punch:
1 46 ounce can apricot nectar, USE white grape or white cranberry
1 46 ounce can pineapple juice, USE Hawaiian berry blue or Tru-Blueberry
2 liters of gingerale USE the ginger tea below
1 tablespoon of almond extract added.
Light, pretty and tasty. Provide a sugarfree alternative for diabetics and other carb watchers; iced tea would be fine.

You can make ginger tea to use as a substitute for the ginger ale. For each 2 liters:
8 inches fresh ginger knobs/roots, thinly sliced
7 cups water
1 1/2 cup sugar
Bring the ginger and water to boil in a medium saucepan, boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat, cover and steep for at least 2 hours at room temperature. Strain before use. Better when tea can be made up to a day ahead and refrigerated at least 8 hours.

Kathy
07/27/10
I am getting married September 4th. The dresses are Sangria colored. I need a non-alcholic punch to serve 150 people. Sangria is somwhere between a purple wine,color
ellen
07/27/10
Take a look at cranberry-blueberry punch as a base, try any of the recipes.
kris
08/04/10
I am renting a 5 gallon fountain for a shower with about 50 guests. I made a punch before using pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sprite and some malibu rum. I would like to make the same punch but have no idea on quantities, any ideas? I only made this on a small scale and basically added alcohol to taste, not sure how much to add for a batch this large. Thanks!
ellen
08/04/10
Loo at the beverage planning page, the hard liquor section. Get enough for 50. Add the rest of the punch ingredients to the amount of alcohol. Have a sugar-free non-alcoholic choice on the side for those who want that. Also, check out some of the links on this thread, several have good hard punch recipes.
Mallory
08/05/10
Ellen,

I saw earlier that you suggested not to use a blue base for the punch? Why is this? I'm having a beach wedding and we considered using blue hawaiian punch and ginger ale as our bases.

ellen
08/06/10
That is OK and would look blue for sure. The red and blue are very hard to get out of dressy clothes and table linens, and some always gets splashed or spilled. With a beach wedding, that should not be a problem. Have a good time.
Ryan
08/16/10
I was at a wedding and it said blushing brides punch and when i look it up it says cocktail so does it have alcahole in it becuase i wouldnt want to serve that at my wedding becuase it would be for the kids so do u know the recapie for it?
ellen
08/16/10
This is the recipe for a traditional blushing bride punch:

Ingredients

* 1 bottle of sparkling wine (Champagne, Cava, Prosecco, etc.)
* 5 Oz Peach Schnappes
* 1 Oz Grenadine (To make the cocktail blush)

Directions

* Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and then serve in champagne flutes.
* Garnish with a raspberry.

It is definitely alcoholic. To make a similar alcohol free punch suitable for children, use:

* 1 liter of gingerale
* 3/4 cup peach or apricot nectar
* 1 Oz Grenadine (which is made from pomegranate juice and is not alcoholic)(To make the cocktail blush)

ellen
08/16/10
Here is another approach, which could be made non-alcoholic by omitting the wine:

Blushing Bride Punch

24 ounces frozen pink lemonade, thawed
16 ounces frozen strawberries or raspberries, unsweetened
6 1/4 cups (1500 ml) White Zinfandel wine
8 1/2 cups (2 liters) lemon/lime soda
1/2 gallon fruit sherbet

Melissa
08/17/10
can I use a "slushy" punch recipe and just NOT freeze it for the fountain? my recipe calls for jello and says to freeze until mushy. But I was thinking of using the recipe without freezing it. any repercussions of not freezing?
ellen
08/17/10
No, but the reason for the jello is to help it get slushy, so you might try it without. It would do better in the pump without it.
Donna
08/23/10
I want to make a razzleberry cocktail into a punch.The recipe for the cocktail is 2 oz. vodka,1 1/2 oz. razzmatazz and lemon lime soda to fill a collins glass. Can you help with the proportion of soda to liquor for a punch for about 150 people? I would like to know how much of each to purchase. Thank you.
ellen
08/23/10
One of the principal differences between modern punches and cocktails/ mixed drinks, is that the punches are intended to be drunk in fairly large amounts, so if alcoholic, they are made more dilute than the cocktail. The recipe for the cocktail is actually 2 ounces vodka, 1 1/2 ounces chambord, razzmatazz, or raspberry schnapps and 12 ounces of lemon lime, poured over ice into TWO glasses. About 4 to 1 soda to liquor.
If this is your 1 alcoholic offering, you would want 1 of the above double servings per person for the first hour and 1/2 for each following hour. You would also have a sugar-free alternative (raspberry iced tea, unsweetened?) and the last hour of the party stop serving liquor and serve coffee- 1 1/2 dinner coffee as outlined on the beverage planning page.
MICHELLE
08/27/10
I AM RENTING A 5 GALLON CHAMPANGE FOUNTAIN. I want it to have champagne in it but need a mix to help me cut the cost of having to buy so much champagne. something tasty but keeping the bubble of champagne because I have ordered edible hibcus flowers to go in to the champagne and the bubble allows the flower open to a full bloom after 5 min. Less bubble the less open the flower. any suggestions? Thanks
ellen
08/27/10
You will use gingerale, get a good quality. Make sure both the champagne and the gingerale are very cold when they go into the fountain, replenish at least every 15 minutes.

DO NOT put any flowers in the fountain, see the article on chocolate fountains for discussion why.

pat
10/05/10
purple punch
I am looking for a quick and easy receipt for a purple punch for my daughters wedding. Do you have any suggestions?
ellen
10/05/10
Pat, any of these recipes made with grape juice as the main juice will be undoubtedly purple. If I were you, I would use gingerale for the soda, to help cut the sweetness, and a good slug of lime juice.
Rochelle
10/11/10
My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding this Saturday and she wants a non-alcoholic beverage that is yellow or gold in color to serve 300+ people, I am responsible for making it and I don't want to spend the whole day mixing a bunch of ingredients. What do you suggest and how much or how many cans do I purchase?
ellen
10/12/10
A mock champagne is probably the best choice. Just make sure that everything is very cold before you mix it- get the bottles in the fridge the day before, at least.

The basic is, mix 2 liters gingerale and 2 liters white grape juice. You can add one can of pineapple juice for a fruitier drink, but it gets a bit cloudy, OR lighten it with 2 liters club soda, as it is quite sweet.

Sliced strawberries or raspberries floated in it a re pretty.

Patricia
10/17/10
Hi, please share a fruit-juice non-carbonated punch recipe for (High school athletes in season and their ) families at an Eagle Court of Honor We will serve ice water, tea and coffee,for the diabetic members. Thank you.
ellen
10/18/10
See the recipe 7/10 with the info on how to substitute ginger tea for ginger ale. Also the links to the Mormon sites will have no-soda no-caffeine no-alcohol punches.
janet
10/18/10
what would you suggest for a punch for a wedding that is non alcoholic and doesnt cost alot to serve around 250 people.
ellen
10/19/10
Janet, any of the soda and fruit juice punches on this thread are about as inexpensive as you can get. Tea base is cheaper than soda. Lemonade is also inexpensive.
Kristi
10/20/10
My friend is getting married December 4th and does not know how much punch to make. The caterers are making enough food to serve 450-500 people. How much punch would she need?
ellen
10/20/10
Check out the beverage planning page, and if it is not provided, also add dinner level coffee.
cynthia
10/21/10
I'M looking for a non-alcoholic punch for a wedding to serve 300. It a november wedding in the evening please need your help.
cynthia
ellen
10/21/10
Help me out, Cynthia; besides time of day, other beverages and food/menu; budget; way to serve. For example, hot cider would be appropriate for the season, but maybe not for the service or menu...
kathy
10/25/10
my daughter is having a family halloween party for 40 people. the oldest child is 4. many of the families are very health concious. She would love to serve a punch, not red, without soda. something with apple juice would be great. thanks
ellen
10/25/10
Hi, Kathy,
How about two punches? A chilled sparkling cider with sliced fruits (oranges, lemons) for the kids and a mulled cider in a crockpot for the adults, cinnamon sticks, ginger or sliced ginger roost, a little lemon juice and honey.
Shannon
10/30/10
Hi...I need some recipes for a blue alcoholic punch for about 100 people for my 40th bday party...can u help?
ellen
10/30/10
This is called "Blue Haze", it is quite strong. Don't forget dinner coffee (see beverage planning page) for the last hour of the party.

1 liter Maui® Blue Hawaiian schnapps
1 liter Absolut® Citron vodka
4 liters lemon lime soda

Stir all ingredients together in a large punch bowl with a large block of ice. Garnish with sliced lemons and blueberries.

You would need to plan 4 times this for the 1st hour of the party, about 1 1/2 to 2 times this for each remaining hour, if it is the only alcoholic beverage served.

ellen
10/30/10
You can sweeten and fruity this up by adding the blue Hawaiian punch, a can or two per recipe.
Dan
11/05/10
I need to make a gold punch for my grandparents upcoming 50th anniversary. i seen the one about the apricot juice pineapple juice and ginger ale..im not a big fan of the apricot juice i was wondering what i could substitue for the apricot juice?
ellen
11/05/10
There are lots of good choices available these days; mango nectar is spectacular, guava nectar or peach is delicious. Pear nectar gives a more silvery color. If you want to go more citrusy, you can try tangerine juice. Experiment a little and see what tastes good to you.
Leslee
11/08/10
Good morning. I want to make a Sangrellini (white sangria/bellini) for an upcoming brunch for 125. No champagne, but make the wine "sparkle" by adding club soda to the sangria, like a spritzer. Is there anything that can be done to delay the soda from going flat? How long can I ancticipate the bubbles lasting? Thanks!!
ellen
11/08/10
I often use ginger ale, mostly. Chill the soda VERY cold. It lasts about 20-30 minutes.
Danielle
11/24/10
I'm looking for a punch to drink for my 16th birthday party, it has to be non-alcoholic ofcourse and non-fizzy as it will be served in a fountain, maybe something fruity?
ellen
11/24/10
Any of the non-alcoholic punches on this thread can be made with lemonade instead of 7 up and make a pretty good choice. All the Mormon sites also have punches made without soda.
Ellie
01/23/11
I'm having to make 2 different types of punch for a birthday & a wedding. Both will be served in a fountain. The booklet instructions say 4parts fruit base to 2 parts alcohol or soda should be used in fountain. I would like to prepare the fruit base ahead of time, so that all I have to do is add it to the fountain and then add the alcohol or soda. I'm confused as to how to add the alcohol or soda every 15 min. without the alcohol or soda eventually overpowering the fruit base. Is this a dumb question? Can you help me?
Sylvia Jones
01/24/11
I am looking at serving punch in my fountain punch bowl. How do you recommend to keep the beverage cold without diluting the punch with ice cubes?
ellen
01/24/11
Freeze the punch in rings or cubes as its own chiller.
Gail Simonton
01/29/11
Hi Ellen!
Help! How much attention does a punch fountain require at a wedding reception? We will have the fountain as a center focal point with a pedestal crystal punch bowl on each side for additional (accessible) punch for guests. Just wondering if I need to "assign" an attendant to keep watch (LOL) of the fountain? Of course, someone will have to keep the 2 other punch bowls filled but just worried about the fountain since I have never used one!
Thanks so much!
Gail
ellen
01/29/11
The attendant can do all three, as long as you make sure there is no pulp in the punch fountain.
Wendy
02/03/11
Need SILVER punch
One of my classmates has a bucket list of things to do before she turned 45. One of them is night with the girls. I am NOT a bar goer, most of the are fitly. She loves Happy Potter and like Slytherin house. She would love to make a silver punch. Any thoughts? O have never even heard of silver punch before?
ellen
02/03/11
Traditional alcohol-based silver punch is 4 parts each champagne, club soda, ginger ale or 7 up and 1 part silver gin.
Sara
02/16/11
Can you put ice rings into a foundtain or will that cause the fountain to stop working?
Holli
02/17/11
Can you tell me how to make an alcoholic punch for my wedding that does NOT use champagne? I want something with few ingredients that can be served from a drink dispenser instead of a punch bowl.
ellen
02/19/11
Sara, when they melt down to cubes, they can get caught in the auger- not good.

Yes, Holli, any kind of sangria, or hard liquor punch, such as a rum punch.

Deece
02/24/11
I need a red fruit punch and a green tea punch recipe for a small wedding (40 guest). Wedding is in 2 days.
ellen
02/25/11
You need 2 gallons of each. Plenty of recipes and links to more on this thread. Have a day and life of joy.
Sheila
03/06/11
How much punch do I need for a bridal shower for 45 women? How many bottles of champagne? Thanks :)
ellen
03/08/11
Punch plus champagne? 1 bottle champagne makes 5-6 glasses, so 8-9 bottles for a toast- have at least 1 bottle of sparkling cider or white grape juice for non-drinkers. For a 3 hour party, about 3 gallons of punch. Have a non sweet option (unsweet tea?)
Sheila
03/08/11
Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry I meant how many bottles of champagne do I need for a champagne punch for 45 people?
Thank you :)
ellen
03/08/11
A punch such as a mimosa, is made from 1/2 champagne and 1/2 juice- this is about right for most punches, and you want about 3 gallons of punch= 1 1/2 gallons champagne, about 8 bottles.
melissa
04/06/11
I need a recipe for a wedding reception non alcoholic punch. Their colors are Turquoise and Black. Approx. 100 guests. Please.
ellen
04/06/11
Hi, Melissa,
Sounds like you want a silver punch, or gold if that is the accent color. You need about 6 gallons.
See 4/29/10 or 10/12/10 this thread.
shay
04/22/11
im trying to find a receipe for a turqoise color for my fountain for a wedding with no sherbert and no alchol of corse do you have and ideas to help? thax for your time
ellen
04/23/11
To get turquoise, I would make a silver punch (recipes in the thread above) and use food coloring to get the turquoise color. 4 drops blue to 1 drop green to get a turquoise color.
Melinda
05/06/11
I am getting married and my color is hot pink. I want to make how pink punch with sprite (Caffeine). Any suggestions.
Melinda
05/06/11
Sorry it's for 200 people.
ellen
05/07/11
Sprite does not have caffeine, the only clearish soda with caffeine that I know of is Mountain Dew. Red food coloring or red fruit juice per the juice in your selected recipe to get pink. 12-20 gallons depending on whether you have other beverages available.
erika
05/19/11
Pink wedding Punch
im looking for a non alcoholic wedding punch that will serve at 200 people. The punch is for the wedding toast. I dont know if it would be pink or have sherbet included in it. The wedding colors are light pink and grey. do you have any ideas that will help me serve the right thing.
ellen
05/19/11
Fizzy drink is usual for toasts, no sherbet. I would do a punch with white grape juice, gingerale, some strained lime or lemon juice and just enough guava or cranberry to get the color you want. The guava nectar is a beautiful light peachy pink.
Hope
06/02/11
Burgundy Colored Punch
I need a recipe for burgundy punch. We are going to use it at the wedding shower and also at the wedding later. Non - alcholic
Please help
ellen
06/03/11
Burgundy is basically red with a little purple added. I would use cranberry or red grape (tarter or sweeter) with just enough purple grape to get the color you want; 7-up/lemon lime/flavored clear soda water for the bubbles, lemon juice for the tartness. You need to experiment a little.
beraleday
06/05/11
Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.
chris
06/05/11
Need a punch for a punch fountain. Approx. 50 people during the middle of July outdoors - not too sweet - preferably lavendar or pink in color. Using a 5 gallon fountain - non-alcoholic. Please help.
ellen
06/05/11
One of my favorite summer punches is the very first one with the almond extract, apricot nectar and ginger ale. It is great in a fountain, doesn't get nasty as the soda unsparkles.
SHIRLEY
06/16/11
Punch BLUE FOR A BABY SHOWER
ellen i am looking for a blue punch, our theme is yellow ducks and the punch is the blue water. my grand-daughter wants the punch blue. i have bought a blue fruit punch and 7up but am unsure if this will work and could we use vanilla sherbert in it. please give me some ideas. thanks
ellen
06/16/11
Yes, it will work. You might consider some of the blueberry flavored clear sparkling waters (Clearly Canadian, for example) for a flavor boost. A teaspoon of vanilla or other extract might be added per bottle of soda.

You can use sherbet/ice cream in any punch, but it will make it cloudy. If you want a water effect, skip it, or it will look like soapsuds floating in the lake...

April Greene
06/18/11
Hi I am hosting a first birthday party in a few weeks. I am looking for a sugar free kid friendly punch. preferably blue or red. I would like it to not have soda in it either. So far all I have come up with is Watermelon lemonade. Do you any other suggestions?

Help please :-)

ellen
06/18/11
Ther are so many great 100% juices now, so haow about using these, and just plain soda instead of sugary or diet? You can add sweetness without sugar by using frozen apple or white grape juice concentrate.
christy
06/26/11
hey i'm getting married 7/16/11 and its a few days away. And I'm trying to make turquoise colored punch. It's going to be for 150 people. And I cant seem to find any recipes on the internet.. It would be appericated if you could help me.
Rissa
06/27/11
I am making punch with sugar, water, frozen lemonade, pineapple juice, almost flavoring, and ginger ale. How can I make this punch orange?
ellen
06/28/11
Food coloring (start with the yellow, add the red very slowly and carefully) or orange Koolaid powder.
matea
07/12/11
champagne fountain
I do apologize I forgot to add if you have any suggestion other than wine to put in the fountain. My wedding colors are brown, green and gold. Please be specific if you send me a receipe. The receipe will need to accomadate 150 people.

Thanks

Jeremy
07/12/11
I am getting married on 7/16/11 and my fiance wants to make a blushing bride punch that we recently had at someone elses wedding and we got the ingredients but they did not know the recipe. The ingredients are pink lemonade, sprite, white grape juice, and grenadine. We were just wondering if you knew the recipe or had an idea of what to try?

Thanks

ellen
07/12/11
Three recipes for this are posted 8/16/10. They used white grape juice in place of wine at your party.
You want at least and up to 10 gallons per 100, depending on what other beverages are available. Make sure everything is very cold.
Wishing you a lifetime of growing together.
Ader
07/30/11
Another great Punch question
Hi I have been searching the threads but I want to double check for my specific party so I have enough. I am having an outdoor reception in August, with about 75-100 adult guests just say 100 to keep it simple. I know 10 gallons for 100 people but I'm serving bottled water, beer from a keg, non alcohol punch as well as alcohol punch. I want non alcohol punch to be pink lemonade and soda and not sure what else to make it taste good. Keeping it simple though. How many gallons of each? & for the alcohol punch I want the same pink lemonade but instead want to use white
wine. And whatever else to spruce it up. Do I also add soda? And again how many gallons of each...& how many bottles of wine.
ellen
07/30/11
I would plan for 4 gallons lemonade punch using 1 gallon gingerale, 3 gallons good lemonade (for example, frozen concentrate with pulp, not a powder product), 6 each sliced lemons, limes and maybe whole strawberries or raspberries for deco, one bottle pure lemon extract.

6 gallons sangria, but don't add the soda u8ntil you get ready to serve. Check out High Wire white wine sangria. use 2 liters white wine such as Franzia's crisp white wine, 2 liters gingerale, 1 undiluted 12 ounce can of pink lemonade concentrate, 1 quart mango, guava, or other juice nectar, maybe a can of mango puree if it is OK for the color to tend toward peachy. and ice to make about 2 gallons. Peach schnapps, silver rum, or brandy for an extra "kick".

It is good to have color differences so you can spot if teens or kids are dipping into the alcoholic bowl.

ader
07/31/11
Yes, this will be quite helpful. Can I subsitute cranberry juice for mango because I do not like mango and it will give it a more dark pink color to make it obviously different? And also sorry about my lack of knowledge of wines but is Franzia's the same as pinot griogio or riesling can that be used? Trader joes sells those flavors at $4 a bottle.
ellen
08/01/11
yes cranberry or a cranberry blend, or a raspberry base, lots of choices- make a small batch and decide you like it. Try making it with the pinot grigio. Franzia is a box wine, about $9 for 5 liters; we tried lots of others and this was the tastiest for white sangria, cheap.
Becky
08/06/11
Im making a punch with hawaiian punch,gingerale,rainboe sherbet. I dont knoe how much of each to put in it for around 50 people, my nephews wedding Thanks
ellen
08/06/11
You want to add some soda and lemon juice to this before adding the sherbet. About a half gallon of punch, 2 liters of soda, 1 cup of lemon or lime juice for each quart pf sherbet. Have enough to make 4 batches. Have a sugar free choice for low carb or diabetic guests, about a gallon.
Becky
08/07/11
Thanks Ellen for info. I just have 1 question. You are speaking of club soda,right . Thanks again your help is appreciated more than i can say. Becky
Lori
08/22/11
I was reading you info dated 6/3/11 for a burgundy colored punch. This helped with the color I needed. I tried it at home but it foamed and I need it for a punch fountain. The instructions for the fountain says not to use anything that foams. What can i do? Lori
ellen
08/22/11
Substitute a ginger tea, lemonade, or one of the Snapples for the soda- fine flavor, no foam.
Sheila
08/25/11
Champagne Punch for a fountain
I am making the following punch receipe for my daughters bridal shower to serve 100. Want to serve from a fountain but dont want to waste or ruin the champgne.

3/4 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen white cranberry juice concentrate
2-3/4 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen pink lemonade concentrate (no pulp)
2-3/4 (6 ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate (no pulp)
2-3/4 (750 milliliter) bottles white wine, chilled
2-3/4 liters carbonated water, chilled
5-3/4 (750 milliliter) bottles champagne, chilled
2-3/4 lemon - sliced, for garnish
1-1/3 cups and 2 tablespoons fresh mint, garnish

Can you recommend the best champagne and white wine to use for this recipe?
Also, is there anything I can do to keep it from going flat so quickly...other than the obvious...drinking it.
Would it help to use ice cubes made with a carbinated beverage or an ice ring?
Thank you for your help!

Meg
08/25/11
Toast
Hi there,
I'm looking for suggestions. I am looking for something VERY inexpensive to toast with at our wedding. We are way over our budget as it is and really can't spare much more. We do not champagne, so that's out. We thought about sparkling apple cider but are there any other alternatives that anyone can think of??
Any help would be amazing!! Thanks so much!
ellen
08/26/11
Last things first, you MUST NOT put ice cubes or rings in a fountain.

You need to add carbonated beverage every 15 minutes if you don't want is flat.

I think champagne is wasted in this punch. I would use white wine and gingerale and get enough champagne for a champagne toast.

Franzia crisp white, a box wine, is a satisfactory base for a white wine punch. You will save enough to afford a good chanpagne.

You want to allow 8-10 gallons (34-42 liters) per 100 adult guests.

Linda
09/07/11
what color is your apricot nectar punch?
ellen
09/07/11
It is kind of a pretty light peachy gold color with ginger ale, a bit lighter with lemon-lime soda.
Linda
09/08/11
OMG I just made your punch from 5/04/05 The apricot one but I used Guava... It was great and Coral just the color I need for my Daughters wedding
ellen
09/08/11
Happy smile- it is a delicious punch!
Rosoni
09/27/11
Hello Friend, I am looking for a very flavored punch that contains no alcohol at all. Very refreshing and tasty. What do you recommend? I need something mainly made with a little bit of fruits.
ellen
09/28/11
Rosoni, try the punch mentioned above by Linda, and stir in a few cups of mango puree for a really rich, fruity flavor.
Teresa
10/20/11
I have a punch recipe that calls for white cranberry juice. I can't find it anywhere. Any subitutes? Thank You
ellen
10/20/11
I would do white grape plus lemon juice.
Crystal
10/30/11
I'm serving punch for a group of 20 diabetics. They like to challenge me! The preferred color is something red, but really anything will do. Most of them are Type 1, so a small amount of sugar is allowable, but less or Splenda is preferred. I've been really stumped! It's hard to find juices with their natural sweetness replaced with Splenda or anything else...
Crystal
10/30/11
Forgot to add... NO CRANBERRY! Now I remember why I was having such a hard time.
Leona
10/30/11
This one is nice for a change

Spicy Hot Cherry Punch

1 can or bottle 46 oz. cherry juice (if a blend no cranberry)
2 T Splenda granules
Juice and peel of 1 lemon
½ t whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 lemon, thinly sliced (for garnish)

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until hot. Remove and discard lemon peel, cloves and cinnamon stick. Carefully pour into a heat-proof punch bowl or cups. Garnish with lemon slice.

Diabetic exchange: 1 fruit

ellen
10/30/11
Cherry juice is challenging choice for diabetics, like grape juice it has twice as much sugar as orange juice.

Crystal, what I would consider would be:

Hot or cold chai tea, with Splenda instead of sugar
Hot or cold frappacino-style coffee punch with a sugar-free vanilla ice cream as the ice cream if cold
Tea based punches with sugar free ginger ale and Splenda instead of sugar. These often have a small amount of juice, but not much.
Lemonade style punches with a small amount of juice and a bunch of sugar-free soda or water and Splenda.
Don't use diet Big Red; it has a very large amount of caffeine (twice that of colas).

Also, Torani makes Italian syrups in many flavors, more than 8 are sugar free and can act as base or inspiration for Italian sodas and all kind of punches.

Bay
11/06/11
I love orange sherbert punch!! I really want to have it at my baby shower, but I have gestational diabetes. Is there a low carb recipe that I can make to allow me to drink it?
ellen
11/07/11
Bay, you need to plan the rest of the menu very low carb,for example, eat the chicken salad, NOT the chicken salad sandwich; veggies with dip instead of chips; very little fruit. Then have a punch made with sugar free soda and juices, and you can plop a scoop of orange sherbet right in there with no grief.

In my life outside the kitchen, I am a certified nurse midwife, and you need to know that women who develop gestational diabetes have as high as a 75% chance of developing type 2 diabetes later. This is a real wake up call and invitation from your body that you need to take very, very much better care of yourself; NOW is the time to start.

sonya
11/18/11
champaign
Hello, i got a fountain that i thought was a champaing fountain, but it says do not use champaign or anything carbonated. if i did go ahead and use it, will i damage the machine?
ellen
11/19/11
The main reason is, it foams like crazy and can overflow the machine. Why not return it and get what you really want?
Hillary
12/06/11
I want to pair punch and cake together for our reception but don't know what kind of punch tastes good with what kinds of cake?

I'd like 3 pairings (3 kinds of punch and 3 kinds of cake) for a spring wedding

Ginger spice cake
Traditional milk chocolate cake
Vanilla Bean cake

What flavors would compliment these? Or perhaps flavors that are versatile and could compliment any other flavors?

ellen
12/06/11
Here are some ideas:

Ginger spice cake- a milk punch or gingerale punch. or egg nog
Traditional milk chocolate cake- a coffee punch
Vanilla Bean cake- a fruity mango or apricot punch

Patti
01/07/12
Serving hot tea punch to a group (40 people)
Need help, please! Several people at chuch including me are giving one of our members a wedding shower. She loves tea pots, tea sets, etc. We wanted to have a "tea party shower" for her. The problem is how do we keep one gallon or so of hot spiced tea hot for an hour or so? Thank you.
ellen
01/07/12
I use a designated coffee urn that is ONLY used for hot water and tea, never coffee. If you decide to try cleaning a regular coffee urn, do several white vinegar runs before doing plain water. If the water has no coffee flavor, tea will work.

The alternative is a 6 quart crock pot on low. preheated with water at least 1 hour.

Joan Van Dyke
01/17/12
Sugar-free Fruit Punch
Need a sugar-free fruity punch for hosting Saturday-night card club (12 people). They snack and drink all evening, so I need something not too sweet that will accompany savory, salty snacks. Several of them are diabetics. Thanks so much!
ellen
01/17/12
Sugar free ginger ale as a base. Any of the light juice blends as the juices- Splenda to sweeten if needed.

The tea punches at the top of this thread are also a possibility.

Lana
01/18/12
I am making the punch for my daughter's wedding on Feb. 29. She wants a punch my late mother used to make. Of course, I never wrote it down! It is tea-based with Hawaiian Punch, pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, and ginger ale. There may have been another juice, but I don't know what it was. My problem is that I do not know the amounts to used of each ingredient. Does this punch sound familiar? Can you help me with the amounts of each to use, especially the tea and the lime juice.
ellen
01/18/12
I make punches almost every time I cater. Here is what I would do:

1 46 ounce can Hawaiian punch
1 46 ounce can pineapple juice,
2 liters of tea (experiment, try green and black separately, but I bet it was black/Lipton's)
1 liter ginger ale
And instead of lime juice, use limeade concentrate, start with 1/2 can and add till it tastes good

You can lighten this with ginger ale. Mint leaves would make a great garnish.

Make up a few test batches and see what you think.

carla
02/01/12
i need a reciep for foamy punch. its for a baby shower. its a cute idea to float rubber ducks in the punch to make it look like a bubble bath. color blue, and pleace no alchol, kids present. down to try ne flavor. thanks
ellen
02/01/12
Any punch with sherbet will foam, use pineapple for the whitish color, and blue kool aid mix or food coloring to get the blue color.
Deann
02/03/12
I am looking for a really great orange punch for my daughters wedding. Non-alcoholic and preferably no carbonation. Her fiance really loves orange juice. We are serving mexican style finger foods. Thank you!
ellen
02/03/12
I would use orange juice (concentrate good), white grape juice, lime juice for tang, and some mango puree for really orange color and a delicious tropical flavor. Ice and water to the necessary sweetness. Locally, we can also get guava mango and guava- passion fruit blends with 100% juice. Apricot nectar is very complimentary to these flavors and also all these have orange tints..
Teresa
02/22/12
I looking for a punch for about 150. it is a highschool gratidation party. there colors are Black and Gold.
ellen
02/22/12
The apricot almond punch at the very top of this thread would be the place to start. You can use either food coloring or dry yellow Koolaid powder to bring it to brighter gold.
amanda
03/01/12
i am making a punch for my 16th birthday i need 90 punch but i dont know how to make it i need help
ellen
03/02/12
You need at least 7 gallons of punch, which is about 28 quarts or 28 liters. Just pick your recipe and multiply. Happy birthday!
donna
03/05/12
whiskey sours
i am planning my daughters wedding in a few weeks thinking on havin a whiskey sour fountain. it is a 3 gal fountain for bout 60 people that prob drink how much whiskey n how much mix will i need? thanks
ellen
03/05/12
Careful, Donna, when you put straight hard liquor cocktails in fountains you end up with a lot of drunken guests.

How about a whiskey sour punch?
www.whiskeywise.com/whiskey-sour-punch.html

ellen
03/05/12
By the way, you want about 4 gallons total.
Barbara
03/20/12
I am trying to find a recipe for punch that matches my wedding, my colors are regency (purple) and lavender. Non alcoholic serving 125 guests. wanting to go the cheapest route, HELP!
ellen
03/21/12
There are several lavender and purple punches on this page. If you want something fairly adult tasting, try grape juice with white cranberry juice and ginger ale, lemon or lime juice to taste..
Claudine
04/08/12
Having a baby shower for my daughter and I need to make a wonderful tasting punch with no carbonation. I was thinking Hawaian punch, pineapple juice, orange sherbert, and maybe some lime. What do you think ?
ellen
04/09/12
That will be very sweet. Consider using a lighter juice such as guava or mango, or apricot nectar. Definitely lemonade or limeade for some tang.
Carria
05/22/12
I need a punch for about 300. I have been asked to use lemonade and sprite. Any ideas?
ellen
05/22/12
You need at least 2 more flavors, read through the ideas on this thread.
Anna
05/24/12
I'm making a non-alcoholic punch for 250 people for my mid-morning, indoor wedding. How do I figure out how much to make? We are having a large assortment of cookies (the only food), punch, coffee, and iced tea. What quantities would you recommend for each beverage?
Also, for the punch, I was planning on doing equal parts orange juice, lemonade, cranberry juice, and SierraMist combo. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks!
ellen
05/24/12
Use white cranberry juice. 2 parts soda, not one.

Breakfast level coffee, see beverage planning page. About 16 gallons punch, 10 gallons iced tea.

Becky
09/16/12
I am looking for an easy punch recipe that will serve around 300 for a wedding. It needs to be light blue in color.
ellen
09/16/12
Becky, look at the many light colored punches on ths thread or on its links. Achieve the blue color with either blueberry juice, which tends purple, or blue rasperry Koolaid powder.
Suzie
10/19/12
There is a baby shower coming up. The theme is
"vintage nautical". Any ideas as to how to make a navy blue colored punch instead of the typical "baby blue" color? I was thinking of using limeade and/or lemonade concentrate with some ginger ale and pineapple sherbet for a frothy effect. Thank you for your advice.
ellen
10/19/12
Suzie, how about the new blueberry juice blends? The other option is either plain old food color or a dose of Koolaid blue rasperry.
Jennifer
11/12/12
I'm looking for an easy punch recipe that serve 200 or more for a wedding reception.My friend told me a recipe with cherry gelatin, cranberry cocktail, frozen organge, 2 lg can of pineapple juice and ginger ale. I don't want it to be overpower. If you know one similar to this please help.
jennifer
11/12/12
non-alcoholic
ellen
11/13/12
Red punches are a threat at weddings, they always get spilled. I recommend the apricot punch at the top of this thread.
Whitney
02/08/13
I want to do lime green punch for my baby shower one of my colors are green. How many pkgs of lemon-lime kool aid should a used for about 60 people? Water, sugar, pineapple juice, & ginger ale too?
ellen
02/08/13
You want about 6 gallons of punch. Make regular koolaid for half, and the soda and juice for the other half.
brenda
03/05/13
I am making a punch for 100 people consisting of ginge ale and white grape juice. How much of each will I need to purchase?
ellen
03/05/13
You definitely want to add a "sour" to the punch or it will be so sweet it makes people's teeth hurt (not quite, really, but definitely in that direction.) I would add lemon juice- strain if you want to- about 3 parts juice, 2 parts soda and around 1/2 part lemon or other tangy juice- if you are not trying for clear you could use pomegranate, lime, or straight cranberry juice, not cranberry cocktail. Experiment with small batches till you find your favorite proportions.

About 10 gallons plus plenty of ice for an hour- multiply as discussed on the beverage planning page for longer- have something, even just coffee, unsweetened ice tea, for the folks who can't or don't do sugar.

Daphne
07/21/13
My daughter is planning to serve punch, sweet tea, unsweetened tea, lemonade, coffee and bottled water at her reception for 200 people. How does the variety of drink offerings affect the amount of each needed. Is having both lemonade and punch overkill?
ellen
07/22/13
You don't say if this includes a meal, that changes the tea to about double.

punch,
lemonade,
OK to have both, for 200 people, about 16 gallons total, if used as a part of the appetizer service, chilled, no ice; less if on ice

sweet tea, unsweetened tea, meal? 12-16 gallons, 1/3 unsweetened

coffee, use dinner level coffee, beverage planning page
bottled water, you don't say if inside or out, or how long the party is; allow 2 bottles per person, buy from somewhere you can return unopened cases

Daphne
07/23/13
Sorry. Yes, it will be used for appetizer plus meal. Inside venue with air conditioning. Wedding at 3pm. She hopes to keep picture taking afterwards to under an hour so that people aren't having to cool their heels for too long with the appetizers. Reception will end by 9pm. Thanks.
ellen
07/23/13
Then that above should be about right.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please consider a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support the site.

Tabitha
09/27/13
I'm looking for a punch recipe for a wedding, the colors are plum and turquoise, so preferably one that is purple or blue. It needs to serve about 100 ppl and will go into a plastic punch fountain! Thanks !
ellen
09/27/13
Use either grape or blueberry juice in the recipe at the top of this thread.
Donna
02/03/14
I am doing a dance at my daughter's school for 500 people. the only food is cookies. the punch they want made is sprite, frozen juice concentrate and sherbet. Are you able to help me w/ quantities to buy??
ellen
02/03/14
Assuming this is a relatively brief after performance reception and you use small (6-7 ounce) cups, allow at least 1 quart per 3 people, counting the sherbet as 4 cups per quart. You are looking at 40 gallons. Per gallon, about 2 liters pop (gingerale is tastier), 1/2 liter ice water with some ice still in it, 3-4 12 ounce juice concentrates (at least 1 is limeade) and 1 quart sherbet.

You could save money by offering either coffee or a flavored tea punch option for the adults, using one of the new green tea blends.

Nancy
02/04/14
I need an easy punch for 500 wedding guests. The colors are peach and mint green. It will be served in punch bowls. If you could help me out with quantities needed that would be great. Thanks
ellen
02/04/14
You need 6 gallons per 100 if this is for the appetizer period, about 8 per 100 for the whole time.

Are you interested in having 2 punches in the 2 colors? In that case, one might be the apricot punch first on this thread, and one a limeade base. For just peach, use the apricot punch.

Gail
02/19/14
My daughter is getting married and we are planning for 200. We will be having , Barbque , slaw, baked beans and rolls. The drinks are sweet tea, unsweet tea, lemonade and water. I need a good cheap recipe for a fountain. I will have the fountain in a different area than the drinks. Her colors are black, red, and silver.
ellen
02/19/14
What is the fountain for? is it in addition to all the other drinks?
Anna
03/01/14
Am looking for a punch for a silver 25th anniversary party. I was wondering if you would know of one that can or will have a silver color, but taste good. It will be for about 50 people. Thank you, the party is march 8th, 2014
ellen
03/01/14
Hi, Anna,

Thanks to all the new juices, you can use white grape or white cranberry as a juice base for a very nice silver punch. For adults, I would us at least half white cranberry; straight grape is pretty sweet.

Here is a fruity silver punch, makes just over a gallon, you want about 4 gallons
1 bottle (64 ounces) white grape juice, chilled
1-1/2 cups white cranberry juice, chilled
2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
Seedless red or green grapes, optional- string on bamboo skewers to make stirrers, serve one in each tall glass. Or garnish with curls of lemon zest in each cup-

I freeze a ring of juice to float in the bowl, instead of straight ice.

Here is a traditional champagne-based silver punch recipe:

1 bottle Champagne
quart bottle Club Soda
1 cup Gin
quart bottle Ginger Ale

Chill all ingredients well before mixing in a chilled punch bowl. Add a large block or ring of ice (a tube pan is handy for freezing a ice ring) to keep everything cold. Serve in stem glasses (Champagne glasses are pretty for this) instead of punch cups.

Erica
03/05/14
ive been looking everywere and just cant find it. im having a baby boy and want a blue punch. but the one thing is... it needs to be fully sugarfree, any sugestions? im almost desperate.
ellen
03/05/14
Erica, do you mean sugar free like zero calorie, or sugar free like no added sugar (for example, real fruit juice would be OK? Write back.
Erica
03/06/14
i mean no sugar. Im not a diabetic but a lot of people in my family is. And the babys father is too. so i was trying to make a blue punch they could enjoy too.
ellen
03/06/14
I would use the clear sugar free berry-flavored soda waters with fruit flavors and tint with blue rasberry Kool Aid powder.
Lisa
04/19/14
I want to make non-alcoholic Pink Lemonade Punch for 400 people, how much ingredients do I need to purchase. The initial recipe is below:

1 large can of Frozen Pink Lemonade
1 quart of Raspberry Sherbet
2 Quarts of 7-up

ellen
04/20/14
That recipe also needs 4-5 pounds of ice. I make 8 gallons punch per 100 for receptions, somewhat more for meals.
Jeanette
07/30/14
I need a coral-colored spiked punch recipe to serve 25 people. Prefer not to use champagne. Thank you.
ellen
07/30/14
The apricot/pineapple punch at the top of this thread can be spiked with peach schnapps and a little brandy to very good effect.

For a much stronger concoction:
1 qt apricot or peach brandy
1 fifth vodka
6 liters ginger ale
2 tall cans apricot or peach nectar
1/2 gal orange juice

Pour all ingrediants into a large punch bowl. Add ice (4-5 pounds)and 4 oranges that are peeled and divided.

For a little different taste substitute orange juice with apple juice or white grape juice or for tang, white cranberry juice.

Tammy
09/10/14
For a wedding, we plan to keep the red punch simple. The recipe says 64 oz Hawaiian Punch & a 2 liter Sprite. If we get the Hawaiian Punch in the gallon jug instead of 1/2 gallon, how many gallon jugs of Hawaiian Punch & how many 2 liter bottles of Sprite should we get to serve 300 people with 8 oz servings?
ellen
09/14/14
The gallon jug requires 2 2-liter bottles of soda and makes 2 gallons of punch. Make a small batch with ginger ale and one with sprite and taste test- I like the ginger ale better. I always make at least 8 gallons per 100.

You really need a sugar free option, unsweetened ice tea, coffee and decaf, etc, for the diabetics and dieters- with 300 people, you will have some.

Nancy
10/17/14
I am having a graduation party for my daughter. 50-60 people will be dropping in. I have a small fountain. Non-alcoholic
ellen
10/17/14
Nancy, there are both recipes and links to recipe collections on this thread. Pick what you like.
Amanda
01/03/15
Does there exist a green punch that is kid friendly?
ellen
01/03/15
You can get any color by using the appropriate KoolAid or jello color as the mix in, in this case lime. A plain lemonade or limeade half and half with 7 up or ginger ale and color fortified with Koolaid powder is a simple, bright green option.
Elizabeth
01/25/15
I am catering a wedding reception in June and the bride would like a champagne punch during cake service. No other alcoholic beverages will be served during the evening. Don't want it too sweet but also don't want it heavily spiked. 100-125 people.
ellen
01/25/15
Look at this page and pick your flavor and color:

www.korbel.com/recipes/?gclid=CJWk94WqsMMCFQoFaQodT3sASw

ellen
01/25/15
Or you might like:

www.foodiecrush.com/2011/12/new-year-champagne-punch/

Elizabeth
01/26/15
Thank you. Foodie Crush's Champagne punch with some substitutions might just do it. In reading your other posts it looks like I need approx 6 gallons?
ellen
01/26/15
Yes, assuming it is just for the cake.
laverne
01/08/17
I need a simple recipe for Carolina Blue Punch. The recipe I use is 46 oz of o.j. 46 oz pineapple juice 5 cup sugar and 10 cups water with 16 oz lemon juice. If i add blue berry jello will this work. I freeze this and when ready to use add 1 liter ginger ale.
ellen
01/13/17
I would do apple juice instead of oj, for color clarity. Blue koolaid will do better than jello.

This is alcoholic for 10 people;

Carolina Panther Punch

Yield: Serves about 10 people

The perfect drink for Carolina Panther Football watching and parties!
Print Recipe
Ingredients:

375 ml Blue Curacao (half of a 750 ml bottle)
1 L Mango Vodka
1.75 L Lemonade (my mom uses Simply Lemonade)
12 oz can Sprite
lemon slices, optional
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher or jug. Serve cold with lemon slices, if desired.

A simple blue punch is 1 part blue typhoon hawaian punch and 1 part soda of choice.

BARBARA Taylor
09/06/17
If I USE 1 gallon Hawaiian punch 46 oz. pineapple juice 1 2 liter of ginger ale and serve in 8 oz. cups how many would this serve
ellen
09/07/17
132 + 46 + 64 =242 ounces. About 32 servings if no ice, 60+ with ice.
nancy
02/15/18
i need a pink punch for a baby shower saturday.
i needs to go in a punch fountain,can you help me
as soon as possible.
thank you ,nancy
ellen
02/15/18
Any punch without pulp will work. Here is a simple :

1 bottle white grape juice
1/2 cup lemon juice,
1 bottle pink juice of choice (usually a cranberry blend) or guava (for light pink) or raspberry (for dark pink)
2 2 liter bottles ginger ale, raspberry sprite or other clear or pink soda

Make sure it is all very cold before blending.

Have some alternative drinks as well. Water can be a fine choice. Have 2-3 pitchers of water - in one pitcher place lemon and lime slices - in another pitcher place freshly sliced cucumbers, maybe with fresh mint - and in the third pitcher place strawberries, raspberries or sliced oranges. Colorful, tasty and healthy.

Charlotte
10/18/19
Ellen, I just want to thank you for so steadily giving advice on punch for over a decade! I found your website searching for - what else - guidance on how much punch to serve at my party. I learned a lot from your responses here - thank you for sharing them!
ellen
10/22/19
And thank YOU, Charlotte, for actually reading the thread!
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)