See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

wedding
christine fralic
02/06/13
Hi,Ellen,I'am having my daughers wedding reception in our back yard tent,barn ect.we are having 150 people and need to know how much of these different food we need to have,dev.eggs,shrimp,meatballs,lobster rolls,veg.trays,meat trays,spring rolls,dips,salmon.mussels,oysters,chicken satays,potato salad,pasta salad,crackers,bread,salad bar and we are having an open bar with wine,beer and hard liquor,and lemonade and punch any idea to help us out thanks
christine fralic
02/06/13
We are also having a candy bar,a small wedding cake 2 layers to feed 50 people and pies about how many pies should we have, Thanks Christine
christine fralic
02/06/13
Ellen I forgot to tell you we are also having a cheese tray and the reception starts 6;30 during the month of August. Thanks again Christine
ellen
02/06/13
Christine, this is way too many items and way too many oven items for a self-catered wedding unless you are hiring a kitchen and wait staff and have a commercial level kitchen. What are your cooking and refrigerator/freezer arrangements, and which items in the above list? Also, who has previously cooked for a large party of 100 or more? Write back and I will try to help you simplify the menu.
christine fralic
02/07/13
We are having a church group of women doing this for us ,they are using the church kitchen which is very close to are house (like 2 minute drive)and using our house to .We are buying all the food and they are preparing it for us and serving it to the guest to get things started and refilling trays through out the evening so the guests can help themselves and mingle.We have a stand up cooler and fridge,also putting beer,water in large buckets filled with ice,having to large containers with lemonade and iced tea(quests can help themselves)having a table with just wine and glasses on it and a open bar.It is not a set down meal,my daughter wants it more like a big party ,very relaxed and people can eat through the evening when they want. Hope this helps you out Thanks Christine
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)