See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Wedding Meal for 350 people
Cynthia
02/19/13
Ellen,
My soon-to-be daughter in-law is planning a meal for 350 people for June. She wanted to serve red potatoes as one of the sides. How many pounds of potatoes will she need to purchase? Would my best buy be from a wholesale company or from a grocery store food chain? I appreciate your assistance greatly.

Sincerely,
Cynthia

ellen
02/19/13
hello again,

If this is the only starchy side (no rice or pasta), about 40 pounds per 100.

Check out the prices both places- it varies.

Cynthia
02/19/13
Yes, this is the only starchy side. The other sides are fresh string beans for the meal and there will be appetizers also.
Cynthia
02/19/13
So would 150 pounds be enough for 350 people? Do you know if the potatoes already come pre-baked & quartered with the rosemary?
ellen
02/19/13
Yes. OK, and no, you get to do that yourself- lots of good recipes- get a google search on "roasted new potatoes"
ellen
02/19/13
Here is one for potatoes you can roast and freeze-

www.thedailyspud.com/2011/12/18/roast-potatoes-roasties-frozen/

Michelle
05/23/13
Wedding Meal for 500 people
Wedding is in sept , approx 450 to 500 people , they want cheesy potatoes, baked beans, potatoes salad, lettuce salad with cucumbers,tomatoes,peppers, the meat is already taken care of by a friend, not sure how much to fix,a group from our local high school is fixing and serving the food for a donation to their club
ellen
05/23/13
OK. You have to do for 500, they can't run out.

For the cheesy potatoes, use the recipe at the end of the family brunch page.

baked beans, 4 #10 can per 100 or 8 pounds dry beans per 100
potatoes salad, 40 pounds raw potatoes per 100. Several great recipes for 100 on this site; very different; talk to the family
lettuce salad with cucumbers,tomatoes,peppers,
use the plan for 100, do dressings and salad for 450 from that table- people eat a little less salad in large amounts.

They need 12 pounds rolls or bread per 100 plus 3 pounds butter per 100.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)