See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Fundraiser lunch for 700
Collet
03/18/13
We are doing a fundraiser and are selling subs, wraps and taco in a bag. We chose these three cause ingredients are all basically same minus buns, wraps and chips. But I am wondering how much do I buy of each ingredient? Buns, wraps, small chip bags, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions, peppers, pickles, hot peppers, olives, lunch meat, pre-sliced cheese, salsa, mustard, ranch dressing, italian dressing, hot sauce and mayo. The fundraiser is this weekend the 23rd and I will go shopping on march 21st! Thank you so much, I was very excited when I came across this website online!
ellen
03/19/13
Not nearly enough info. You need to tell me the prices; whether anyone else is selling food and if so, what and what price; type of event/crowd, and where (a lot more tacos in Texas than New England). Also how long will you be selling, how many people will be preparing the food, and what kind of storage. For example, are you making the subs ahead, or to order?
Collet
03/19/13
Thank you for responding! We have not decided on a price yet, kinda of depending on the cost of things. We are the only ones selling food. It is a carnival fundraiser and all proceeds goes to the family. Cinnamon buns, donuts, cotton candy, candy apples and elephant ears. The buns, wraps, and taco in a bag will be made fresh upon their order. We will pre-cut everything so it will be ready to make the sandwiches. We will have 2-4 people working in the kitchen depending how busy it will be. The carnival is for 4hrs, 1pm-5pm. This is being held in Canada, Alberta. Hope this helps, if you need anymore please let me know! Thanks!
ellen
03/20/13
OK. Cold cut sandwiches are expensive to serve, and fairly demanding prep. How about nachos instead? Very popular, easier to prep, cheaper, and offer a non-sweet snack, which you don't have another of. Then you can do the walking tacos also, same items basically.
This is an afternoon thing, not an over-lunch thing, so the food need is a little different. Maybe a meat and cheese wrap and a peanut butter and jelly or banana wrap?
Collet
03/20/13
Thank you for your suggestions but it was something preset that I can't do anything about. They already advertised for it. I am just in charge of getting the ingredients and preparing things. They did decide to scrap the taco in a bag and just go with subs and wraps. I have to go buy the ingredients tomorrow though. Thank you
ellen
03/20/13
Sandwiches and wraps- Use smallish rolls, 6 inch tortillas- 1 pound meat per 10 (maybe ham, salami and something else?), 1 pound cheese per 15, 8 pounds tomato per 100, 6 pounds lettuce shredded per 100. 2 teaspoons dressing per item. Maybe 500 total?
Collet
03/20/13
Thank you so much! :)
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)