See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Afternoon Wedding for 150 people
Tammy
05/07/13
Good Afternoon, I was review and website and let me first say "THANK YOU" this is a wonderful website.

My daughter's wedding in June 15th. Total RSVP is 150 people, please help...We are on a tight budget...

I want to serve baked Ziti (in 18 qt roaster oven), meatballs in red sauce, rolls, salad, tea, lemonade, bottled water and coffee.

How much baked ziti do I need to prepare ( I would like to freeze this ahead of time too)

How many gallons of tea and lemonade should I have prepared?

Do you also have a White Sauce baked pasta recipe that I can prepare ahead of time too? For those not wanting or liking red sauce?

Thanks so much Tammy

ellen
05/07/13
You need 5 roaster pans full to make sure you have enough- make 3 reds per your recipe and 2 whites, using one recipe of the Alfredo style sauce for 100 on the site, adding veggies of choice, at least one meatless for the vegetarians in the crowd (easiest if both are meatless).

WARNING! ROASTER ALERT! Each roaster takes a full 20 amp circuit, you CANNOT plug 2 into the same circuit. You may need heavy duty cords to reach the next room. Tape them down completely with dust tape! Check this out well before the date!

If unable to do day before, I would freeze the pasta alone ahead of time, thaw in fridge, mix in sauces and bake day of. Sauced pasta baked ahead of time dries out and is never as good. Please read all the tips here:
www.ellenskitchen.com/forum/messages/41754.html

Meatballs, if this is the only meat, 1 pound per 4 if you have some veggies in it.

A possible second choice would be leg quarters cut up, done cacciatore style. Or consider a hot vegetable such as broccoli.

Bread or rolls- 12 pounds per 100, 3 pounds butter

Salad, see plan for 100 page

tea, for 150 at least 12 gallons, 1/3 unsweetened
lemonade, 10 gallons
Consider adding dinner level coffee (see beverage planning page) with the cake.

Please consider and appetizer table, here is why:

Before the Buffet; Why You May Need an Appetizer Table
A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area One serving area is needed for each 100 guests.

If this saves you time trouble or money, consider a donation, maybe a dime per person, to support the site.

ellen
05/07/13
About 4 pounds of dry pasta in each pan-
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)