See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Graduation Party
Dawn
05/15/13
Hi Ellen
I have been enjoying your site. I am planning a graduation party and wondered if you can help me I am planning on 200 people. We will be having
Cream Chicken Sandwiches
Sloppy joe Sandwiches
Chicken and noodles
Potato salad and Mac salad
cheesy potatos
Broc, Carrots & coloflower raw veg trays
grapes, strawberries, pineaple mixed fruit.
Can you tell me how much I need of each ?
Thanks
Dawn
ellen
05/16/13
Cream Chicken Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Plan on 5 beef for every 3 chicken. About 35 pounds hamburger, 22 pounds boneless skinless chicken. About 240 regular rolls or 300 smaller (smaller is good for this type party).
You need some trimmings for the sandwiches. I suggest about 10 pounds onion slices, and a gallon of pickles.

Chicken and noodles- could skip? If not, 1/2 cup per person- about 6 gallons

Potato salad- suggest you skip, since you have the cheesy potatoes and the noodles in the chicken.
Mac salad- 6 pounds dry pasta per 100

cheesy potatoes- see recipes and calculations at the recipe at the end of the festive family brunch page-

Broc, Carrots & cauliflower raw veg trays
About 6 pounds of carrots and 3-4 pounds each broc and cauli per 100. Consider adding a few quarts of cherry or grape tomatoes for color. 1 cup Ranch dip per 5-6.

grapes, strawberries, pineapple mixed fruit.
You want about 6-8 pieces of fruit per person, see the fruit tray page. You might add a seedless watermelon or 2 to increase pleasure and reduce costs.

If this saves you time, trouble or money, consider a donation, maybe a dime per person, to support the site.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)