See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

cold plates for 30 people
Lori
05/29/13
These plates will have... potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, cheddar cheese, 4 kinds of deli meat, slices of cucumber, celery sticks, grape tomatoes, all preplated. We also have a veggie tray, fruit tray and dinner rolls as well as chips and dip. It is a pot luck so i have to tell people what to bring. Then i will make the plates up that morning. I am not quite sure what to tell them for portions. Im guessing about 8 lbs of deli meat. 1 lb. Of cheese and their largest bowl of salad. Im making the potato salad. Im guess 10 lbs of potatos. Help please. Thanks.
ellen
05/29/13
You have come quite close on several items. It is helpful to try and divide up the assignments so the costs are about the same for each portion.

You need less than indicated in the plan for 100 lists because it is plated, not buffet.

If I were doing these plates for 30 with 4 meats, first I would do
1 ounce each of roast beef, ham, turkey and a sausage/spicy (salami, mortadella, capricola, etc). So 2 pounds each
then 2 slices of cheese, which is almost 2 ounces. 2 1/2 pounds
2 quarts each potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw,
slices of cucumber (3 large cukes), celery sticks (2 bunches), grape tomatoes (a quart or a bit more, depends on size),

veggie tray, skip. you could have someone bring a 3 bean salad- 2 quarts
fruit tray- do for 25 see fruit tray page
dinner rolls- 2 small, 1 pound butter
chips- 2 pounds and dip 2-3 pints

lori
05/29/13
Thanks this helps alot. I didn't think i had enough cheese..lol.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)