See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

cooking for 250
kim
05/29/13
I am preparing cream potatoes for a wedding of 250. i am using those aluminum pans which are medium in size ... how many do you think it will take?
ellen
05/29/13
About 100 pounds of potatoes.

Do one pan for the family, and see how much it will hold, pounds and sauce. Allow at least 1/2 cup per person.

kim
05/29/13
i am doing the bag green salad at sam's for a wedding of 250. the salad will be served in the small styrofoam bowls.. how many bags do i need
ellen
05/29/13
Kim, I don't know the size of the bowls (3, 4 or 6 ounce) or the bags. The bags give an estimated number of servings on their label; if you don't want to measure yourself, use that.
Michal
07/30/13
We're having a Father/Daughter day at camp. 100 dads, 120 daughters (ages 6-16, most around 10) plus 30 volunteers (adult women). Dinner is pasta (either your budget spaghetti or lasagna). We serve family style so I was thinking a 9x13 pan for each table of 8 (4 dads and 4 daughters). Additional items: meatballs, salad and garlic toast.

BUT, I know some of the girls will want plain pasta with butter. Do you have a guess as to how many pounds of plain pasta we'll need? I was thinking of using Penne.

I am only planning 3-1" frozen meatballs per person. Does that sound OK?

THANK YOU!

ellen
07/30/13
I would make about 3 pounds plain.

Only suggestion, switch to the smaller meatballs- it looks like more on the plate-

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)