See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Wedding Receptionn
mary
08/16/13
I am doing my daughter wedding reception Here is my menu roast , fried chicken , corn ,green beans , turnip greens , mac and cheese and creamed potatoes if I need to change a food let me know I wanna know how much of each will I need to feed 150 people ? thanks!!
mary
08/16/13
Oh I will be having cornbread muffins and rolls
Drinks Tea, water ,cokes ,sprites dr Pepper dessert beside wedding cake is lemon ,chocolate cake sweet potato ,pecan pies watermelon and c cantaloupe How much will I need of each ?
ellen
08/17/13
Mary. this is a fine menu, it will take about 3 people in the kitchen and about 10 servers to set up, serve, and clean up this size party. None of these should be members of the wedding, since they will be involved with other duties during the set up and with pictures after the service.

I suggest you add appetizers and here's why:

A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits. For your Southern Sunday dinner type menu, you could do classic relish trays (2, top of the veggie tray page) and deviled eggs.
One appetizer service area One serving area is needed for each 100 guests. For 150 people you will need about 10 gallons of lemonade or punch. This will also cut down on the sodas after.

Now, on to dinner for 150:

roast, 1 pound raw boneless per 2
fried chicken, 1 piece per person
corn,30 pounds
green beans, 30 pounds
turnip greens, 20 pounds
mac and cheese, 10 pounds dry pasta, 1 quart sauce and 1/2-1 pound cheese per pound of pasta
creamed potatoes, 35 pounds potatoes to start

cornbread muffins- 160
rolls- 160
Add butter, 5 pounds

Drinks
Tea, about 10 gallons, 1/3 unsweetened
water, 2 bottles per person

cokes,
sprites,
dr Pepper
Use the beverage planning page, do for 100, get some sugar free

wedding cake is lemon, you don't say how large? It matters
chocolate cake, about 80 servings

sweet potato pie,
pecan pies
Consider doing tarts instead of slices, looks better,easier to serve, 1 small of each per person

watermelon
cantaloupe
I might put these on the fruit tray as part of the appetizers. If served for dessert, about 6 cantaloupes and 2 watermelons
Add dinner/reception level coffee with the cake, see the beverage planning page for help.

Samuelphome
06/23/19
Coffee makers
ELECTRIC PERC ARTICLE WHEN BUYING A COFFEE MAKER TRIPLE SPUN
Are You Buying a Coffee Maker? Some Facts to Think about.
About 1.4 billions of cups of coffee are taken in across the world every day according to the International Coffee Organization.
Half the people drink coffee every day, in the United States.
As quickly as individuals get up in the early morning, they drink coffee for an energy increase.
Coffee is a fantastic way to begin your day, with its energy boosting aspect.

Coffee's boost gives you an energetic and vibrant feeling.
Your coffee machine is what makes it possible for you to enjoy a superb cup of coffee.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)