See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Drinks for 300 summer party
Liz
01/23/14
We'll be serving soda and water. I saw your breakdown of about 1/2 regular caffeinated, 1/4 sugar-free caffeinated, balance mixed fruit and sugar-free non-caffeinated

is 400 cans of soda and 450 bottles of water enough? too much? We were thinking of adding about 50 or so juice boxes as well depending on the number of kids coming.

ellen
01/23/14
Depending on the length of the party, but if summer and outside, I generally allow 2 bottles water per adult and one per kid in addition to other beverages.

In addition, it is affected by whether you are serving food or a meal? Write back and tell me a little more about the length of the party and the type of event.

Liz
01/24/14
It's a 4 hour retirement party with food (fried chicken, wraps, pasta salad, and green salads) no alcohol, just soda and water
ellen
01/24/14
OK.
First thing is, I would definitely add iced tea to the beverage choices for both economy and pleasure. Then your 400 sodas would be fine. I would do about 12 gallons of sweet and 6 of unsweetened. There are really great flavor choices available these days. 100 pounds of ice. 300 straws for stirrers.

The juice boxes are a fine idea.

ellen
01/24/14
By the way, if this saves you time, trouble or money, please consider a donation, maybe a nickel per guest, to support this site. Thanks.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)