See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Bisquick Cheesecake Squares
VFaughnan
03/14/14
I've lost my bisquick cheese cake squares recipe from the 1980's. Can you help?
ellen
03/14/14
Here are 3 variations, one might be close.

Cheesecake Pie

3/4 cup milk,
2 teaspoons vanilla,
2 eggs,
1 cup sugar,
1/2 cup original bisquick® mix.
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes and softened

TOPPING:

1 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch pie plate.
2. Place milk, vanilla, eggs, sugar and the Bisquick mix in blender. Cover and blend on high speed 15 seconds. Add cream cheese. Blend 2 minutes longer; it will be thick. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.

Topping: If desired put your favorite pie filling on top or fresh fruit. I like it plain.

Cheesecake 2
CHERRY TOPPED CHEESECAKE
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. Bisquick
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large mixing bowl stir together cream cheese and sugar; add Bisquick and eggs. Beat 1 minute at medium speed. On low, gradually add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.

Pour into 2 graham cracker crust pie shells. Bake 45-55 minutes until center is firm. Cool and put on topping. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Mom’s Cheesecake

Use Philadelphia brand cream cheese, for this recipe and all other recipes calling for cream cheese. It’s actually the standard brand that most recipes use in testing because it’s the creamiest and has the least water content of any brand out there. Spend the extra buck for the good stuff–it absolutely makes a difference. And yes, you can use light cream cheese and light sour cream and it will still be completely edible, but don’t do fat-free anything, please, I beg of you.

Serves 8-10

For the cake:

2 8-ounce packages Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Bisquick baking mix

For the sour cream topping:

8 ounces sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Position a rack to the center of the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch (I use 10 inch) ceramic or glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, place the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar and Bisquick. Start mixing on low speed with an electric mixer until everything is incorporated, then raise the speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake until the cheesecake is slightly puffed and golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes (it will deflate a bit during this time).

Meanwhile, make the topping: stir together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until well-blended. Pour over the warm cheesecake and smooth with a small spatula. Refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 2 hours, before serving. Cover any leftovers tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)