See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Spanish Rice in electric roaster?
Angela
06/17/14
Do you think it would work to make the Spanish rice in an electric roaster? I won't have room for 3 big pans of rice in the oven I have. If yes, how should I adjust?
ellen
06/17/14
Yes, it works fine, see the baked rice recipe on the recipe box for advice on rice in a roaster.
Marina
11/12/15
I have to cook Spanish rice for 240 people in a roaster how do I do this.
Marina
11/12/15
ellen
11/12/15
You start with 4 roasters. You can only plug 1 roaster into each circuit, so you will have to access 4 circuits to do it, see the recipe mentioned above for more info.
Pam
09/27/16
how to cook Spanish rice in an electric roaster
ellen
10/01/16
Pam, see the rice in a roaster page

ellenskitchen.com/recipebox/bakerice.html

bottom of the page

Juanita Sandra Zunig
07/12/19
ellen
07/12/19
You start with 4 roasters. You can only plug 1 roaster into each circuit, so you will have to access 4 circuits to do it, see the recipe mentioned above for more info.

Roaster rice info:
www.ellenskitchen.com/recipebox/bakerice.html

You can use any Spanish rice recipes with this method.

Gloria
09/30/20
Need to make Spanish rice for a group of 250 In a turkey roaster So how many roasters do I need and how many pounds of rice
ellen
10/25/20
At least 3 roasters and 4 would be better- remember you can only plug 1 roaster into each standard electric circuit, so you will have to access 4 circuits to do it, see the recipe mentioned above for more info.

One option is to cook and hold some of the pans in a standard oven.

Roaster rice info:
www.ellenskitchen.com/recipebox/bakerice.html

You can use any Spanish rice recipes with this method. There are some on this siite.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)