See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

wedding for 200
Tammy
06/23/14
I am doing a wedding for 200 people. The menu is BBQ pulled pork and chicken, potato salad, baked beans, mac n cheese, cole slaw, veggie tray, and relish tray. I have used the big pot sight to figure out how much food I need. I was wanting to know how many pans I need to put everything in? I am using the 12x20x4 inch pans. Help me please.
ellen
06/28/14
Each holds about 2 1/2 gallons, you can't hold a full one by the edges- put a tray under it.
Kathy
06/28/14
This is our menu help please with amounts needed
Buffet style but with servers at buffet table.
Tossed salad
Buttered carrots with dill
Green beans with almonds (Canned Beans)
Pork Tenderloin wrapped in bacon
Apple stuffing
Penne with zucc and yellow squash Light garlic sauce
Chicken parm
Roasted Baby red potatoes (in their jacket)
rolls and butter
ellen
07/04/14
Kathy, sorry for the delay.

Tossed salad, see the plan for 100 page, do 2 times

Buttered carrots with dill
Green beans with almonds (Canned Beans)
44 pounds total

Pork Tenderloin wrapped in bacon- 1 pound raw pork per 3
Apple stuffing- 1/2 cup per person
gravy! at least 1 cup per 4
Chicken parm- 1 pound raw per 4
Consider a crock pot of some interesting meatless entree for any vegetarians. Field Roast makes an excellent vegetarian sausage

Penne with zucc and yellow squash Light garlic sauce- 1 pound dry pasta per 12, 3-4 cups sauce per pound
Roasted Baby red potatoes (in their jacket)- 50 pounds
You will have some starches left, but everyone will get his/her prefered choice

rolls and butter- 24 pounds bread/rolls, 6 pounds butter

Please consider an appetizer table, here is why:

Before the Buffet; Why You May Need an Appetizer Table
A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area is needed for each 100 guests.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)