See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Grad party for approx. 100
Kathy
07/07/14
Ellen - fantastic website and advice!
We are having a grad party for approximately 100 (that includes at at least 35 teens)
We are having the party from 6:30pm - 9:30pm on a Saturday night at a restaurant at a health club. We only have use of the microwave and refrigerator.
Planned menu to date:
Meatballs (estimating 2-3 per person) with 4" rolls (13 dozen)
Pulled pork sliders (18 pounds) and extra dinner rolls
Chicken Riggies pasta (2, pans - restaurant says will feed 60 people)
Mashed Potato bar (20 pounds potatoes - using your recipe )and various toppings
Cucumber, mozzarella, and tomato salad (estimating 5-6 pounds)
Pasta Salad (8 pounds dry)
Fresh fruit trays - 2 trays estimated to feed 65 people
Desserts - mini- 1/2 moon cookies - 6 dozen
mini-cupcakes - 6 dozen
mini-cannoli's - 6 dozen
mini- cream puffs - 6 dozen
Various candy - salt water taffy, jelly beans, etc.
We have a peanut allergy relative so I will have to incorporate a small peanut free cake as well.

Is this enough food? I stuck with my sons favorites and I was going to add mac-n-cheese too but wanted to check in with you. Or...what about adding antipasto?

Thank you for your advice,
Kathy

ellen
07/07/14
Crock pots, lots of crock pots.

I would definitely NOT add another starch dish. A relish tray or antipasto tray or antipasto veggies are indeed a much better choice. Recipes for all on this site.

Meatballs (estimating 2-3 per person) about 14 pounds
with 4" rolls (13 dozen) plenty
Consider 3-4 shaker cans Parm, 8 pounds thin sliced provolone
Pulled pork sliders (18 pounds)
extra dinner rolls- ? just allow at least 1 1/2 4 " crusty rolls per person,. about 15 pounds all together
Need 6 pounds thin sliced onions, 3 quarts pickles, 1-1 1/2 gallons thin shred slaw
Chicken Riggies pasta (2, pans - restaurant says will feed 60 people)-plenty
Mashed Potato bar (20 pounds potatoes - using your recipe )and various toppings- plenty, you can use the baked potato bar topping list for this, 1/2 the amounts for 100
Cucumber, mozzarella, and tomato salad (estimating 5-6 pounds)-way short- at least 1 pound per 8
Pasta Salad (8 pounds dry)- 6 would be plenty, prob some left
Fresh fruit trays - 2 trays estimated to feed 65 people (each?) I would do enough fruit for everyone- you could add chunk fresh watermelon to the prepared trays if they only total 65 people- 20 pounds?

Your desserts are plenty. Consider doing dinner level coffee for the adults with these nice desserts.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Kathy
07/10/14
Thank you very much for your time and advice. A donation is on its way.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)