See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Sandwiches for 120
Jenna
03/06/15
I am serving lunch for 120. We are having chicken salad pita pockets, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, garden salad, fruit salad and chips. How much peanut butter and jelly sandwiches should I plan for? I'm not sure how many people will choose them over chicken salad pitas.
ellen
03/06/15
They will tend to choose them in addition to, rather than instead of the chicken pita. What is the age range and type of event, and will they be allowed to come back for seconds? Write back.
Jenna
03/07/15
The sandwiches are for 120 teenage girls at a girls camp, and they will only be going through the serving line once. They will have the choice of going through the line for chicken salad pitas, or the line for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. How many will I need of each?
ellen
03/07/15
I would definitely put both on the same line, or you will find most of the girls won't get in the peanut butter line- social pressure. Suggest you do 110 chicken and 24 peanut butter.

PB&J banana dog (you split the banana long way) on a hot dog roll with jelly "ketchup"
Use sliced fruit instead of jelly or jam
Use banana bread or raisin bread
offer nutella and marshmallow fluff
pbj sushi
Peanut Butter & Jelly Tacos

Jenna
03/07/15
Thank you!
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)