See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

when serving 2 entrees..
tony
05/19/15
My fiance and I are planning ahead for our wedding next summer. I am planning on making the main entrees myself.

Anyway we are planning on making pulled pork and rigatoni with Italian sausage as the entrees. We are estimating 130 people between the wedding party and guests.

I'm guessing that I do 45 pounds of pulled pork and 5 gallons of rigatoni. (I guest-imated with help of the page for serving 100 people on here)
Thank you for any help :)

ellen
05/19/15
when serving 2 entrees, 130 people
45 pounds of pulled pork- for 130 people, sandwiches, 38 pounds plenty, 5 rolls or 12 slider rolls per pound ready to serve
5 gallons of rigatoni. Make some meatless for any vegetarians in the crowd; probably none left

I urge you to add an appetizer plan.

A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area serves about 100 guests.

If this saves you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation, maybe a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thanks.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)