See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Help with a wedding for 100
Melissa
09/05/15
I'm having a wedding next weekend and I'm hoping I'll have enough food for about 100 people. My menu is.
80lbs of leg quarters (cut)
351 oz of baked beans
303 oz of green beans
3 full size pans (aluminum steam pans) of Cole slaw
30 lb of potatoes for potato salad
2 full size pans of pasta salad
Fruit trays and cheese trays
6 gallons of tea, lemonade,and water
Please help. Thanks
ellen
09/05/15
Looks about right. Good work! Hope you are cooking/baking the chicken, not grilling, as this much chicken is a food safety hassle done on site.

You might also have a crock pot of vegetarian "unchicken nuggets" labeled for any vegetarians.

Fruit trays, see amounts for deluxe fruit tray on fruit tray page
cheese trays about 10 pounds, some could be logs/balls/spreads and 6 pounds crackers
Might consider adding an interesting dip, humus, etc, 1 gallon with 6-8 pounds veggie dippers.

Do consider setting up with an appetizer table, fruit and cheese could go there, here is why:

A self-catered buffet is a real challenge to the organizers, and things don't always come together as smoothly as hoped. By planning and setting up an appetizer area or "nibble table" which is ready when the guests begin to arrive, the cooks and servers have time to complete the arrangement of the dinner buffet. This is especially critical if there are children among the guests, or there is a wait before dinner, as at a wedding reception.

This does not have to be complicated. Three items, plus a punch, or two if one is alcoholic, are sufficient. Typically, include a fruit tray, a cheese tray and an attractive dip or spread; or you can go with a dinner theme such as TexMex with chips, salsas, Texas caviar and guacamole; Italian with bruschetta or antipasto; maybe shrimps or other cold seafood, if budget permits.

One appetizer service area serves about 100 guests.

Budget permitting, you might make a small donation to support the site. Thank you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)