See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Wedding Taco bar for 200
Krissie
11/01/15
Hello!

I've read many of your tabs & messages here, but I'm a worried bride & wanted some feedback if I've calculated/made enough, specifically with the meats.

Our wedding is next weekend with 200 adults attending.

For the main food we are having a taco bar. Based on the posts & Ellen's threads I've prepared
30 lbs (raw) Chicken
32 lbs (raw) Ground Beef
10 lbs (raw) Pork

Topping choices are:

Quinoa
Rice (Brown & White)
Sautéed Vegetable fajita mix (Various peppers, spices & onions)
Guacamole
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cheese
Corn
Onions
Black beans
Pico
Adobe sauce
Queso
Sour Cream

I of course prefer to have left overs than not enough. So....Do I have enough meats or should I increase those?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

ellen
11/03/15
Your meat is OK.

For the toppings, did you use the taco bar page? It is reliable. About 5#10 nacho cheese for the queso, if you use canned.

6 gallons beans, 7-8 #10 cans

8 pounds dry rice per 100

If you need more, write back and good luck!

Krissie
11/04/15
Thank you Ellen!
Yes I did! Your site has been a lifesaver!

My only other question is...How on earth do I figure out how to make enough fresh gaucamole for 200?
I want to have some at taco bar as topping but also on table with chips & salsa during appetizer hour.

Any suggestions appreciated! :)

ellen
11/05/15
About a quarter cup per person is plenty/max; at least 1 cup per 6. One simple way (and somewhat less expensive) is to use the refrigerated avocado pulp available in some produce sections and in restaurant supply stores. 2-3 tablespoons avocado and 1-2 tablespoons salsa per person.

If you buy whole avocados, they are cheaper by the case, and fewer bruises, get a week ahead to ripen.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)