See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Cheese Enchiladas for 100
Sheenin Lobs
01/14/16
How much shredded cheese do I need for 100 enchiladas I feel that I am getting ripped off from the caterer we have been using for many years. I started researching and came to this website and it has given me light to know that for instance it shows for 100 guest with beans its 7-81/2 pounds and my last party they said they needed 50 pounds of rice.... So please help me with the amount...
Sheenin Lobs
01/14/16
How much shredded cheese do I need for 100 enchiladas I feel that I am getting ripped off from the caterer we have been using for many years. I started researching and came to this website and it has given me light to know that for instance it shows for 100 guest with beans its 7-81/2 pounds and my last party they said they needed 50 pounds of rice.... So please help me with the amount...
ellen
01/14/16
8 pounds of dry rice is about 30 pounds of cooked rice, give or take 5- it depends on how long grain the rice is.

Normal serving of enchiladas in this area is 3 per person, around 5-6 ounces of cheese (1 pound per 3 people).

Realize that food cost is just 1/4 to 1/3 of total catering fee. Besides the licensing and insurance they carry, there is staff pay, cost of all the pans and equipment, etc. If you have been satisfied with their work in the pasty, be slow to misjudge them.

Rhonda Martin
08/13/16
Looking at about how much I need of each ingredient for cheese enchiladas. Making samples (approx. 2 bites per sample) and planning on about 100 enchiladas. Your cheese info helped immensely. About how many ounces of sauce? Making about 100 enchiladas.

Thanks in advance!

ellen
08/13/16
A gallon is plenty for 50.
Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)