See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

evening light lunch
Monique
05/06/16
i am planning to have a light lunch served at 11p.m. planning veggie, fruit and cheese trays, how many would i need to serve about 90 poeple
ellen
05/06/16
Hi, Monique,

Would you consider a little change up on the menu? At midnight, nobody cares much about veggies...

So, fruit tray- 3/4 the amounts for the deluxe tray for 100 from the fruit tray page would be about right

Cheese tray- 6 pounds, some could be spreads or logs, 6 pounds assorted good crackers and flatbreads

2 1/2 quarts sweet dip such as fruit and cream cheese with 3 pounds of ginger snaps or lemon thins or animal crackers

cookie/bar tray- 3 small (2-3 bite) pieces per person

And how about hummus, 1 gallon and here you could do the mini carrots, 2 pounds, 2 quarts cherry or grape tomatoes and 2 heads of celery cut into sticks

Now wouldn't that be an interesting snack?

Hope this helps. Now I need to ask for your help in return!
We've got major changes in the works to remodel EllensKitchen.com and in order to fund the new website, better searches and more help for your events, we need to raise nearly $20,000 within the next three months! For years, I've been helping make weddings & other large events a success and I've loved every minute, and now its time for the next phase.
Even if you can only afford $5-$10, every gift helps.
Please click the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and help me keep helping you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)