See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Party for 150
amy
06/05/16
Hi Ellen,
I'm planning a grad party for my son. The menu is pulled pork, Italian sausage, pizza and mini sandwiches. We're expecting about 80 kids and 80 adults. Can you help with quantities? I'm also planning baked beans, cole slaw, cheeezy potatoes, pasta salad and another cold salad or two. Thank you ! I love this site!
ellen
06/06/16
Assuming this is over a meal time.

pulled pork, 20 pounds, makes 6 buns or 12+ slider buns per pound. 8 pounds sliced onions, 1 gallon pickle slices
Italian sausage, 20 pounds equal weight veggies
pizza, size? figure 6 slices per medium or 8 per large, 1 slice per person
mini sandwiches, skip! fussy and easy to dry out! Have a sliced cheese plate, 8-10 pounds, with crackers, 6 pounds, for any non-meat eaters. Some could be logs or spreads

baked beans, 4 1/2 gallons (6 #10 cans)
cole slaw, 4 gallons
cheeezy potatoes, 24 pounds potatoes
pasta salad, 8 pounds dry pasta to start
cold salad or two; use green salad guide on plan for 100 page; for specialty such as marinated cukes/beans, 2 gallons per 100

Hope this helps. Now I need to ask for your help in return!
We've got major changes in the works to remodel EllensKitchen.com and in order to fund the new website, better searches and more help for your events, we need to raise nearly $20,000 within the next three months! For years, I've been helping make weddings & other large events a success and I've loved every minute, and now its time for the next phase.
Even if you can only afford $5-$10, every gift helps.
Please click the masthead at the top of the page to visit www.EllensBigPots.com and help me keep helping you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)