See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

Pre-cook and re-warm foods for wedding reception
David
07/09/17
I will be serving 60# of tri-tip and 35# of boneless chicken breast warm at a 1pm lunch reception. I want to pre-cook the meats and then re-warm them before serving.
What internal temp should I cook each to, and then what re-warm process use to serve without being dried out or undercooked. I will have 4 hours prior to serving in which to re-warm in a conventional commercial oven.
Also, what would be the maximum time prior to the event in which the meats could be pre-cooked? Should they be frozen after pre-cooking?
I appreciate any proven recommendations and suggestions. Thanks
ellen
07/10/17
David, I would only rewarm chicken in a sauce (see the wedding chicken recipe n this site for cooking, freezing and reheating directions), no more than 1 month ahead with home freezers.

I absolutely do not reheat tritip; it is a temperamental meat that does overcook and toughen when reheated. You would be better off having a specific person to cook at the time, or serving cold, or using a different cut entirely.

Wlliams Sonoma says,
To store the second tri-tip, let it cool to room temperature, then wrap it, unsliced, in aluminum foil. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place the wrapped tri-tip in a 300°F oven for 15 minutes.
Grilled Tri-Tip & Vegetables | Williams Sonoma

Or see this site:
eggheadforum.com/discussion/1176190/reheating-tri-tip

If this is a paid gig or I have saved you tIme, trouble, or money, please make a donation to support the site. Thanks

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)