See a letter from Ellen about the donation campaign. Your help matters!

Cook Talk

baked pasta
Shonna
01/14/20
I absolutely love this website! My daughter is getting married and wants to serve baked alfredo and spaghetti as a buffet dinner. Do you have any recipes and advice on doing this for 200 people? I was hoping to find a recipe that can be made ahead, frozen and reheated.
ellen
01/15/20
Take a look at the spaghetti page, The Mozzarella sausage bake would do for the first 100. It would be 2 electric roaster pans full.
www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/sphagetti.html

The Alfredo style sauce I gave there is reliable for a large amount. Be SURE you have a couple of 9x13 that are meatless; with 200 people you will have some that don't want pork or chicken.

There is also a baked spaghetti casserole in the Big Pots section under budget entrees.

Carefully check the oven situation at the kitchen you will be using and be aware that the pans will probably take 2 days in the refrigerator to thaw or add up to 2 hours to he cooking time from frozen.

Please read this article:
www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/plan/wedding.html

After all the food prep, a self catered dinner for 200 requires day of 4-5 people in the kitchen (including an experienced manager), 12 to 15 out front to set up, serve and clean up the event. None of these can attend the wedding as they will be working prep at that time. 3 to 4 serving lines (or 2 double-sided) to serve all in under an hour. An appetizer area for each 100 people, especially if there are children or elders in the guests, for the hour between the end of the ceremony and the arrival of the wedding party at he reception. It is a big deal, and if not carefully done can end up costing as much as catering and still be a disaster. Get help.

You can write back. If I have saved you time, trouble, or money, please make a donation. a nickel or dime per guest, to support this site. Thank you.

Re:
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)